Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:08 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 10mm XDm 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well Springfield finally got their butts together and released an xdm in 10mm.

Just in time for the gear up event too.

I'm thinking the 4.5 would be a better choice since it doesn't have a cut on the slide for junk to get in. Any significant velocity loss from a 5.25 barrel?

https://www.springfield-armory.com/xdm-10mm-features/

Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was reading an ad for the 10mm....including torture testing with 180gr Hydro-shock, which is equivalent to a 40S&W load. Makes me wonder if it can withstand a diet of full bore 10mm?

Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The 5.25 XSMs are really nice pistols. I hope they work out. As for the milking in the slide, I don’t think it would be an issue. Same as a Glock 34 vs 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kinda want, but can wait until bugs are worked out - PLUS yeah.....10mm max loads and all.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm going to have to get one of these! I really like adjustable sights, so 5.25 for me!

Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Been very happy with every xdm I have. Dead reliable and fit the hand well

Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

os2firefox wrote:

I'm thinking the 4.5 would be a better choice since it doesn't have a cut on the slide for junk to get in. Any significant velocity loss from a 5.25 barrel?

I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression the 5.25 was designed to be a base for an entry level competition shooter pistol, or for your general shooter who wants to do some competition shooting from time to time but not break the bank. But I could be mistaken.

Either way it would be interesting to see how it fairs long term with a hotter load. But considering how other XDM products fair I think this one should do just fine.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wetpaperbag wrote:
Either way it would be interesting to see how it fairs long term with a hotter load. But considering how other XDM products fair I think this one should do just fine.

Yep...all the XDs I've ever shot or handled are built like tanks. I can't imagine they would have any issue with hot 10mm ammo.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That would be a pretty significant oversight if they didn’t test this product with a variety of 10mm loads....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:31 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

os2firefox wrote:
Any significant velocity loss from a 5.25 barrel?

Wouldn't a longer barrel increase velocity?

357 through my S&W wouldnt pierce the hanging mild steel chicken target....but in my Win 92 burned a hole through it.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:06 pm

Huge 10MM fan and pack an EAA Witness Elite Match 10MM. Aside from the quite valid question of durability with real 10MM, there's the dirty anti 2nd tricks Springfield pulled recently, and the goofy grip safety, which is as useful as teats on a boarhog, and another part to fail. I'm holding out for a CZ 10MM with cocked n locked capability

Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wetpaperbag wrote:
os2firefox wrote:

I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression the 5.25 was designed to be a base for an entry level competition shooter pistol, or for your general shooter who wants to do some competition shooting from time to time but not break the bank. But I could be mistaken.

This is correct

Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
os2firefox wrote:
Any significant velocity loss from a 5.25 barrel?

Wouldn't a longer barrel increase velocity?

357 through my S&W wouldnt pierce the hanging mild steel chicken target....but in my Win 92 burned a hole through it.

He's talking about the 4.5 barrel, not the 5.25
How much less velocity does the 4.5 barrel have than the 5.25 is the question. I don't know the answer yet.

Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Capn Blood wrote:
Huge 10MM fan and pack an EAA Witness Elite Match 10MM. Aside from the quite valid question of durability with real 10MM, there's the dirty anti 2nd tricks Springfield pulled recently, and the goofy grip safety, which is as useful as teats on a boarhog, and another part to fail. I'm holding out for a CZ 10MM with cocked n locked capability

I don't have any problem with springfield, and i love the grip safety. Better than those stupid trigger "safeties"

Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:32 pm

Duke EB wrote:
Capn Blood wrote:

I don't have any problem with springfield, and i love the grip safety. Better than those stupid trigger "safeties"

I'm an ardent defender of the BORs and that trumps "items". I haven't sold my SA 1911 but won't be buying more until SA atones for their corporate ways. The grip safety was only installed on the 1911 because the army wanted them for Cavalry John Moses Browning didn't like it but did it to get the contract. His greatest pistol design, the BHP does not have one, as well as CZ single actions

Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next