Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:07 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Report from the Puyallup show today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I need to pick up a pair of stripped lowers. Maybe I'll hit up the next Wes Knodel show. Seems they average $40 online, but i cant find transfers for less than $25, so it just kind of makes ordering online a moot point if i can walk in and pick them up for about the same. I've never had much luck at WAC when it ever comes down to what I'm actually there looking for. I find lots of other stuff, but rarely what i went there for. lol

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:25 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

A.Oster wrote:
I need to pick up a pair of stripped lowers. Maybe I'll hit up the next Wes Knodel show. Seems they average $40 online, but i cant find transfers for less than $25, so it just kind of makes ordering online a moot point if i can walk in and pick them up for about the same. I've never had much luck at WAC when it ever comes down to what I'm actually there looking for. I find lots of other stuff, but rarely what i went there for. lol

Olympic cerakote has free transfers, in Olympia. He also, typically, has a selection of lowers.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:57 am
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I grabbed a gen 2 Viper PST 3-15 EBR-2C FFP for $700.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rix86 wrote:
Towards the middle. Blued / black synthetic.

Damn. Would've totally snagged that!

Ended up buying a Ruger 10/22 Magpul backpacker instead from GrabAGun. Should get it on Saturday! Sadly, it does not come with the backpack, but already found another one for a my bug-out bag.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bought a RM380 (new) for $200 OTD. Just something to keep its older brother, my Rohrbaugh R9, company.

Found some out of production bullets to keep up the stash of "what works".

Most importantly - yard signs for "No on 1639".

Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
A.Oster wrote:

Olympic cerakote has free transfers, in Olympia. He also, typically, has a selection of lowers.

Can't seem to get their website to work. Gunbroker is showing bigher transfer costs, but maybe I'll make a run down there one day. I'm going to huild up an A2 and and M4 clone at some point, but i need to get the lowers cheap enough to make both possible.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Local shops routinely have cheap lowers, including Anderson.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:16 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

A.Oster wrote:
Can't seem to get their website to work. Gunbroker is showing bigher transfer costs, but maybe I'll make a run down there one day. I'm going to huild up an A2 and and M4 clone at some point, but i need to get the lowers cheap enough to make both possible.

Sounds like Mike needs to update his GB information.

Here is his thread on the Free Transfers.
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=92450

I know it's still going on, because 3 people from my company just had PSA send him firearms that they went and picked up.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:59 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was helping some friend sell off the estate of another friend. We had tons of C&R and german ww2 stuff. Mauser 98's some trainers and ariska's sold a ton of it. Great show.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:16 pm

RocketScott wrote:
Lots of overpriced stuff. $100 Anderson lowers. Was looking for reasonable deals on .308 for my buddy but didn't see anything for much under .50/round.

I also don't get how guys expect to sell anything when they bring four tables worth of rubbermaid bins and just plop them down. I was digging in one on the table and another guy was in one on the floor, he finally exclaimed "this is ridiculous" and walked on. I followed shortly after...

I did find a quick release mount for my M203 and matech rear sight for my block II clone for a really good price. Had a good conversation with the guy who had the table and another guy that was there when I walked up.

I'm not really into knives but it seemed like there were a lot there. Lots of really nice looking handmade knives too.

M203 QD/ Matech Guy sounds awesome and probably handsome too.. :bigsmile:

Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How can you sell Anderson AR Lowers for $100.00? They are on sale at Cabelas for $40.00 right now. Ridiculous.

There are times when the situation as it occurs, dictates the course of actions that follow.

"I stand for the National Anthem, always have, always will"

On days like this, I often wonder what Gary Gordon and Randy Shughart would do...

Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SFCRMSA wrote:
How can you sell Anderson AR Lowers for $100.00? They are on sale at Cabelas for $40.00 right now. Ridiculous.

Monroe show, $50 total. I think the bigger show some people just buy a bunch st AIM and resell with a mark up. Buyer beware.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mygrainman wrote:
RocketScott wrote:
Lots of overpriced stuff. $100 Anderson lowers. Was looking for reasonable deals on .308 for my buddy but didn't see anything for much under .50/round.

I also don't get how guys expect to sell anything when they bring four tables worth of rubbermaid bins and just plop them down. I was digging in one on the table and another guy was in one on the floor, he finally exclaimed "this is ridiculous" and walked on. I followed shortly after...

I did find a quick release mount for my M203 and matech rear sight for my block II clone for a really good price. Had a good conversation with the guy who had the table and another guy that was there when I walked up.

I'm not really into knives but it seemed like there were a lot there. Lots of really nice looking handmade knives too.

I don't know... he started pulling out really nice rifles and I started to feel inadequate... :wink05:

I generally don't talk much, because I have problems with my voice, but it was nice to meet you and talk for a bit

Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:55 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

RocketScott wrote:
Lots of overpriced stuff. $100 Anderson lowers........

WOW that is obviously crazy.

Hell I had 15 Anderson lowers in stock and sold them all for $55 OUT THE DOOR.

The key to the gunshows is taking the large amount of time required to shop the whole show and buy immediately when you find a deal. BECAUSE....The good deals disappear quickly.

Maybe this is why I always have a large crowd around my tables.... :bigsmile:

Edited because my fingers are too fat to type correctly....LOL

Nitro Products
FFL Dealer
SOT Dealer

Last edited by Nitro_Guns on Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:40 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Mygrainman wrote:
RocketScott wrote:

hahaha :thumbsup2: :wagwoot:

Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2