Let's talk about guns!
Post a reply

Report from the Puyallup show today?

Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:52 pm

Deals?

Steals?

Stupid prices?

What was the milsurps like?

Re: Repport from the Pyuallup show today?

Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:19 pm

Lots of overpriced stuff. $100 Anderson lowers. Was looking for reasonable deals on .308 for my buddy but didn't see anything for much under .50/round.

I also don't get how guys expect to sell anything when they bring four tables worth of rubbermaid bins and just plop them down. I was digging in one on the table and another guy was in one on the floor, he finally exclaimed "this is ridiculous" and walked on. I followed shortly after...

I did find a quick release mount for my M203 and matech rear sight for my block II clone for a really good price. Had a good conversation with the guy who had the table and another guy that was there when I walked up.

I'm not really into knives but it seemed like there were a lot there. Lots of really nice looking handmade knives too.

Re: Repport from the Pyuallup show today?

Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:09 pm

What tables were the Anderson lowers for $100 were at? I was perusing through the show and the most expensive was $70. There was a .308 lower for 150 though.

Re: Report from the Puyallup show today?

Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:16 pm

Didn’t catch the name. When I see something like that I don’t bother looking at the rest of the table. There was at least one that had them for $95 and one for $100. They were the Anderson lowers in the bubble package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:51 pm

GREAT show for us today.

I guess my 10 tables full of GUNS were not overpriced.... :bigsmile:

Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:36 pm

Was there much C&R stuff? I used to go to the October shows looking for C&R, but it started getting thin on the ground and expensive. Add that to a 6-7 hour round trip and the shows were not so enticing. And motels in the area are stupid priced, unless you like bedbugs.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:59 pm

It was a great show, lots of tables and tons of gun parts!

I filled my bag with $1 & $5 items.....including a walnut butt stock for my 870 Police that I am building

Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:54 pm

Going tomorrow.

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:03 pm

Holyfuck
deals for days

Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:01 pm

Ran back out there today, didn't think I'd make it but got there with 20 minutes left. Glad they didn't turn me away

Took my Garand to the guy with a table full of them and extra stocks. Great guy to talk to. He looked it over and made some suggestions to fix my problems (with the rifle anyway)

I also bought a stock from him for $40 that I think will work much better than the replacement stock that came with it from the CMP

Huge shout out to Rix, he got the guys number for me when I didn't think I was going to make it out there

Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:23 pm

He was 2 aisles over from us :)

Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:30 pm

Went with my son today. Didn't find anything I couldn't live without, but it was a pretty good,show.

Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:39 pm

L1a1 for 8
Steyr hahn for 7 something
357 deagle for 750
Numerous Savage 99 for good prices
Lots of c&r stuff for ok prices given the times
10/22 for 160 ( I passed for once)
Some actually decent used optics.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:15 am

Rix86 wrote:10/22 for 160 ( I passed for once)

Wow! Where did you see that? I went on Sunday around 11a and the only thing that caught my eye was the booth 80% build kits/parts near the back corner.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:21 am

Towards the middle. Blued / black synthetic.
Post a reply