Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:56 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Estate sale find 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So been in this shithole called AZ for two years now..like to come back to Snohomish county every August for a couple weeks to get out of the 120 deg heat...anyway I was looking for someplace that makes a good Rueben sammich because nobody here seems to know how the fuck to make one, when I found a tavern on line that says they do, down in Tucson..about 50 minutes away. While trying to find the place I noticed an estate sale sign in an RV park so stopped in. All these old people who spend winter here..and the dudes die leaving the old women to sell all the shit to get back to Minnesota or wherever..anyway..picked up this little Beretta 905 for 25 bucks..perfect condition..its not a Italian made one but a later 1972 Maryland made..Still a great deal
And the Rueben sucked..just because you overkill the thousand island dressing does not make it good you pricks.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:07 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Munchie, I knew this thread was gonna piss me off before I even opened it . . . . :ROFLMAO:

Good score!!!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Munchie, I knew this thread was gonna piss me off before I even opened it . . . . :ROFLMAO:

Good score!!!

Did I not show you the S&W 65-2 that my neighbor lady gave me a week before Christmas? It was her husbands, he passed away 10 years ago..she didn't want it in her house and could not figure out who to give it to, seems nobody at her church wanted it..so she came over with some cookies and the smith and said thank you for fixing her garbage disposal ..nice old gal.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Aren't you the lucky SOB!
I feel your Ruben pain too.
Arby's is not bad for a fast food place for Rubens.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bummer about the Reuben.

Mine are thin cut pastrami, heavy on the sauerkraut, light 1000 Island, a little horseradish, melted Havarti, pan toasted in butter. Never cared for corned beef or Swiss all that much.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:

I like the ones at that Brewery in Manson..they do a pretty good job depending on the cook..a bit inconsistent sometimes..and My Buddy's place, the tavern across the street from them used to..dont know about it anymore..all I know that here in AZ nobody knows what the fuck they are doing...on Sourdough??? Really ??

Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

munchie wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:

I like the ones at that Brewery in Manson..they do a pretty good job depending on the cook..a bit inconsistent sometimes..and My Buddy's place, the tavern across the street from them used to..dont know about it anymore..all I know that here in AZ nobody knows what the fuck they are doing...on Sourdough??? Really ??

Rye you savages!

Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Back on topic ....
Not an estate sale per say but basically the same.
I was at the old gun shop on 99 that became Precise Shooter right before they closed. A guy came in looking to sell a rifle. The shop wasn't buying any at the time. I asked the guy what he was selling as he walked out. He said he didn't know it was from his friends estate and he wanted no part of the gun.
He showed it to me in the trunk at night with very little light. It was a lever gun of some sort. He wanted $50. Gave him $60 and called it good. Turns out it was a Winchester '94 made in 1899 in 38-55. Only reason I don't still have it is it had been poorly refinished. Eventually sold it for $800.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fungunnin wrote:
Back on topic ....
Not an estate sale per say but basically the same.
I was at the old gun shop on 99 that became Precise Shooter right before they closed. A guy came in looking to sell a rifle. The shop wasn't buying any at the time. I asked the guy what he was selling as he walked out. He said he didn't know it was from his friends estate and he wanted no part of the gun.
He showed it to me in the trunk at night with very little light. It was a lever gun of some sort. He wanted $50. Gave him $60 and called it good. Turns out it was a Winchester '94 made in 1899 in 38-55. Only reason I don't still have it is it had been poorly refinished. Eventually sold it for $800.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sweet... I love stories like this ..A dude that comes in to the local Moose club here is a Nylon 22 collector..has like 30 of them ..he just had a stroke and has no family...

Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]