It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:04 am


Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms McCallen Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar


Forum rules


Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.



Reply to topic  [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
 The have you received a Tax stamp lately thread. 
Author Message
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Edmonds
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014
Posts: 6289
Real Name: Curtis
Massivedesign wrote:
KnuckleHead wrote:
Was just at Rehv and they confirmed that after July 1, there will be no additional delay in pickup once the stamp comes in. The background check requirements are satisfied by the ATF check. You will still do a 4473 for the store records, but no check is required (he even showed me the box on the 4473 that relates to this).



.... unless you are waiting on a Maxim! The SN for the suppressor is BGC'd by the Feds as part of the stamp process, but the gun itself is a separate SN, where in WA is a pistol.

Plot twist! :reaction:

It'll be interesting to see what your STATE wait time ends up being for that Maxim (assuming your 4473 is completed on or after July 1).


Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:45 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Olympia, WA
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011
Posts: 34138
Real Name: Dan
I did my 4473 on the maxim pistol today, knowing the stamp will be here in a few weeks. Hopefully it all pans out.


Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:44 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Tacoma :(
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011
Posts: 1881
E-file trust form 1 SBR
Submitted: June 6th (noonish)
Approval: June 27th (6:56am)

Not bad at all. Now to get it engraved...

_________________
"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage


Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:53 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Joined: Mon Dec 9, 2013
Posts: 792
So question; given how long a suppressor stamp costs these days, what is the downside of doing a form 1 and simply manufacturing a suppressor? I know you’re not going to get the high quality and support of a legit suppressor, but you wouldn’t be waiting a year or more to get it.


Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:58 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Edmonds
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014
Posts: 6289
Real Name: Curtis
airmandan wrote:
So question; given how long a suppressor stamp costs these days, what is the downside of doing a form 1 and simply manufacturing a suppressor? I know you’re not going to get the high quality and support of a legit suppressor, but you wouldn’t be waiting a year or more to get it.

I think the difference in quality is often understated. Commercial cans blow the homemade stuff away; they're lighter, better machined, have superior materials & coatings, offer more features, and are backed by warranties. Homemade stuff might compete on sound reduction, but that's about the only point. You could try a hybrid approach where you find the tube you want, Form 1 it, then send it off to a SOT for a professional re-core. They'll machine the end caps & baffles, and give you mounting options - all without the need for more tax stamps or long waits. That would cut down your NFA wait time and give you close to the quality and performance of a commercially-made can, but it won't be much cheaper, if at all.


Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:26 pm
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Marysville
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012
Posts: 10249
Real Name: Mike
Just got the call to come pick up my Rugged Obsidian .45. Form 4 took 312 days from check being cashed by ATF. :angryfire:

_________________
Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/


Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:06 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: The banana belt of Sequim
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016
Posts: 1195
Real Name: Jay
A little over 10 months, the time has come down some. Last bunch I got ran 12 to 14 months.

Based on that, I will have a VERY merry Christmas. I have 3 currently that I am waiting on.

_________________
MadPick wrote:
. . . and the more I lubed it, the better it did.


Thread all the things and suppress all the threaded things.

Jay
I'm not interested in how or where a weapon is made, as long as it does the job it needs to do and I know how to use it.
As long as it fires ammunition and you've got lots of it, that's all you should be concerned about.
Andy McNab, SAS


Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:56 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Kirkland
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018
Posts: 717
Real Name: Shawn
KnuckleHead wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:
Mr. Q wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:
So, for those of you who go in to pick up your cans after July 1, is my understanding correct that you'll have to endure another long, unspecified wait to pick up your can because the 4473 will run through local LEA? I know we have a thread going about which FFLs will be releasing firearms after 10 days with or without a proceed from local LEA, but what about SOTs - will they do that with NFA stuff, too?


No way....at the point where the stamps come in, all required checks have been completed.

Ah, I see...the process changed with 41F. I haven't made a purchase on a Form 4 since pre-41F, so I didn't know the 4473 was no longer required for trusts & corporations, because the Responsible Persons Questionnaire takes care of the check on the person picking up the NFA item from the dealer after approval. Makes sense.



Yeah, Mr Q is correct. Was just at Rehv and they confirmed that after July 1, there will be no additional delay in pickup once the stamp comes in. The background check requirements are satisfied by the ATF check. You will still do a 4473 for the store records, but no check is required (he even showed me the box on the 4473 that relates to this).

Picked up a Omega 9k.

Check cashed 7/12/18
approved 6/11/19
stamp in on 6/20/19
F4 individual


That has always been the case not just after July 1st but most FFLs don’t give a shit and still run the 4473. That’s good that rehv is doing it properly.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:02 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Kirkland
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018
Posts: 717
Real Name: Shawn
Guns4Liberty wrote:
airmandan wrote:
So question; given how long a suppressor stamp costs these days, what is the downside of doing a form 1 and simply manufacturing a suppressor? I know you’re not going to get the high quality and support of a legit suppressor, but you wouldn’t be waiting a year or more to get it.

I think the difference in quality is often understated. Commercial cans blow the homemade stuff away; they're lighter, better machined, have superior materials & coatings, offer more features, and are backed by warranties. Homemade stuff might compete on sound reduction, but that's about the only point. You could try a hybrid approach where you find the tube you want, Form 1 it, then send it off to a SOT for a professional re-core. They'll machine the end caps & baffles, and give you mounting options - all without the need for more tax stamps or long waits. That would cut down your NFA wait time and give you close to the quality and performance of a commercially-made can, but it won't be much cheaper, if at all.


Want to add that option won’t have a warranty either.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:04 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 38574
Real Name: Steve
MyNameIs940 wrote:
That has always been the case not just after July 1st but most FFLs don’t give a shit and still run the 4473. That’s good that rehv is doing it properly.


Well, not "always" . . . but since 41f kicked in, yes.

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:15 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Kirkland
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018
Posts: 717
Real Name: Shawn
MadPick wrote:
MyNameIs940 wrote:
That has always been the case not just after July 1st but most FFLs don’t give a shit and still run the 4473. That’s good that rehv is doing it properly.


Well, not "always" . . . but since 41f kicked in, yes.


Sorry should have clarified that, yes since 41f


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:53 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: S. Everett
Joined: Thu May 2, 2013
Posts: 2507
Sinus211 wrote:
Just got the call to come pick up my Rugged Obsidian .45. Form 4 took 312 days from check being cashed by ATF. :angryfire:


yeah, mine was 328 days. what a bunch of crock. that government shutdown and the atf being shut down while they moved didn't help things either. i'm hoping my subsequent purchases will be a teensy bit quicker.


Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:45 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Monroe
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011
Posts: 1399
Real Name: Ty
I am at 341 days today for my oldest form 4 purchase. :frust:

Form 1 is still screaming though. 21 days. Just got to work and my first email was my new SBR stamp. :bigsmile:

Off to see Trevor soon. Should have done it last weekend, oh well.


Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:25 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Snohomish, WA
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012
Posts: 1122
Real Name: Bo
Just got the call today my Chimera 30 is ready to pickup. 366 days from cashed check.

_________________
"I don't know what it's called. I just know the sound it makes, when it takes a man's life." ~ Four Leaf Tayback


Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:04 pm
Profile
Online
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Renton/Kent
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012
Posts: 2510
Real Name: Jacy
Just got the call from SSG that my Octane9 stamp came in.
Form 4 submitted 9/5/18
Check cashed 11/9/18
So just under a year. Woohoo.
Now I just have to figure out when I can make it to Olympia to pick it up!


Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:47 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons e-arms.com


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 0.741s | 15 Queries | GZIP : On ]