Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Form 1 through Silencer Shop 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Has anyone done a Form 1 through the Silencer Shop?

I have an M203 frame that I need to form 1 into a destructive device and it looks like the silencer shop kiosk might be a good option. They already have my trust on file but that was from a suppressor purchase a few years ago, before 41f. My wife and I are co-trustees so both of us will need to do fingerprints and photos.

They charge about $40 on the website. What I'm unclear about is whether the dealer with the kiosk will charge a fee on top of that.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's 25 bucks to use the Kiosk at Pantels, not sure about the silencer shop charge as i haven't uploaded my trust yet. I didn't know they charged on that end too.
I should have just done a Paper Form 4 in my case and sent everything in.... icon_eek

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's kinda what I'm thinking.

There are cheap/easy ways to do the fingerprints and passport photos. If the $40 for the form 1 service through Silencer Shop is the grand total I will go that route. If there's another dealer charge on top of that I'll do it myself.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:25 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's my understanding that dealers MAY charge you to use the kiosk; it's up to them.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:43 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

So the way it works, is that Silencer Shop sets a default payment system of $25 on a form 4 and $40 on a form 1.

The only way around the charge is if you make a powered by purchase from the SS site.

The dealer can also call and change the fee to a higher value, HOWEVER, Silencer Shop will still charge the dealer $25/40. As far as lowering it, with the new rewards "program" a dealer can sell specific numbers of suppressors to reach Bronze, Silver, and gold levels. At each level it reduces the fee the dealer is charged by Silencer Shop. So there's realistically a fee no matter what, it just varies on who eats it.

That said, I can tell you the way we handle it at Olympic Cerakote with our Kiosk.
-If a purchase is made through Silencer Shop, there's no fee.
-If we special order a suppressor from another Distributor, we will get everything going through the kiosk and WE WILL EAT THE FEE. That's right, we pay the $25.
-If we are price matching through Silencer Shop, again we'll typically eat the fee so the customer isn't out any more than the matched price.

-If a customer is processing a form 1, then they pay the form one fee on the Silencer Shop website at the time that they pay for the stamp. I believe it's like $35 right now?

P: (360) 972-2955

Certified Cerakote Applicator
Custom Firearm builds
Firearm Sales/Special Orders
Ammo/parts Sales

Last edited by Mike_P on Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mike_P wrote:
-If a customer is processing a form 1, then we do charge them the $40. Not because we want to, but because there's just no way around it. We will be charged from Silencer Shop one way or another.

This is where it's confusing to me. Do you charge $40 on top of the $40 that SS charges on their website?

If I go to the SS website and purchase the form 1 service for $34.95 + the $205 for a tax stamp is there an additional charge from the dealer when I use the kiosk to put in fingerprints?

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:15 pm

RocketScott wrote:
Mike_P wrote:
-If a customer is processing a form 1, then we do charge them the $40. Not because we want to, but because there's just no way around it. We will be charged from Silencer Shop one way or another.

This is where it's confusing to me. Do you charge $40 on top of the $40 that SS charges on their website?

If I go to the SS website and purchase the form 1 service for $34.95 + the $205 for a tax stamp is there an additional charge from the dealer when I use the kiosk to put in fingerprints?

Sorry about that. Mixed up the stuff I was writing last night when I got to the end. We do not charge for the form 1. That is done on their site. So as you stated, yes you pay the $34.95 + the $205. The Extra 5 on the stamp fee is a service/admin fee basically, so Silencer Shop is actually making $39.95 for your form 1.

P: (360) 972-2955

Certified Cerakote Applicator
Custom Firearm builds
Firearm Sales/Special Orders
Ammo/parts Sales

Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Excellent, Thank you for clarifying

Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]