Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:01 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 SBR a Scar17s 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My main question is can I buy the FN SCAR 17S 13" Barrel Assembly now before sending in form 1 and since the SS doesn't do there Form 1 package anymore what options do I have I have 2 cans already I'm waiting for and I also have a trust.

Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:09 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I’m certainly no expert on this but there’s very gray line regarding intent to manufacture. IMO as long as you keep the current firearm in stock non sbr form you should be fine having the short barrel in your possession. Just don’t sell off the standard barrel before your form 1 is approved.

Again. I’m a keyboard commando. My advice is about as valuable as the cash value of a coupon.

Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:39 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sinus211 wrote:
IMO as long as you keep the current firearm in stock non sbr form you should be fine having the short barrel in your possession. Just don’t sell off the standard barrel before your form 1 is approved.

This is normally how everything SBR is done. You file for the stamp and have all your goodies ready to go, just not on the gun. Application for a tax stamp shows intent to construct, but legally. If the black helicopters are in your safe, you have bigger issues than a random barrel in your safe.

Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:31 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That’s how I did it...I bought the stock for my APC9 and filed the Form 1. I had to do it the old way and wait 10 months. Now you can use the ATF efile system and have your stamp in a month.

The ATF will send you free fingerprint cards and you can buy some ink from Amazon. There are some helpful videos on YouTube about this. Apparently they are not as rigorous as you might expect about print quality.

Then use your cell phone to take passport photos using one of a bunch of different apps.

All done from the comfort of your home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, I asked this same question to a guy that used to for the NFA division a while back.

In short, he said "Our goal is to maintain an accurate, true-to-life registry. Don't get in the way of that, and nobody is going to care."

Anecdotal, but the point is that if, at the end of the day, you get yourself a form 1'd gun before you make anything, you don't stand a high chance of getting hassled.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well my dead air sandman k can got delivered today to pacific armament.Now the tedious task of waiting for the stamp:( I ended up buying the dead air key mount flash hider for my scar17s it showed up yesterday. I figure its time to fill out the form 1 for this scar I want to sbr, does anybody know if silencer shop will bring back there form 1 package?

Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ralstonj wrote:
Well my dead air sandman k can got delivered today to pacific armament.Now the tedious task of waiting for the stamp:( I ended up buying the dead air key mount flash hider for my scar17s it showed up yesterday. I figure its time to fill out the form 1 for this scar I want to sbr, does anybody know if silencer shop will bring back there form 1 package?

They did recently but only accepted 1,000 orders. Not exactly sure why but my guess is that they didn't want to repeat the failure from the first go round

I was part of that first failure. In hind sight it was a waste of time and money. I should have just done it myself. Even if they had delivered what they promised it wasn't worth what they charged in addition to the kiosk fee

The ATF will mail you fingerprint cards. Passport photos are easy. Filling out the form isn't that hard

Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
ralstonj wrote:

They did recently but only accepted 1,000 orders. Not exactly sure why but my guess is that they didn't want to repeat the failure from the first go round

I was part of that first failure. In hind sight it was a waste of time and money. I should have just done it myself. Even if they had delivered what they promised it wasn't worth what they charged in addition to the kiosk fee

The ATF will mail you fingerprint cards. Passport photos are easy. Filling out the form isn't that hard

Word. They say they're working on a way to bring it back permanently, but don't wait for them to figure it out. Eforms is up and running for form 1's. Do some studying on what documents you need, and have them uploaded to your computer beforehand. I actually found the instructions on the eforms website fairly easy to follow. Fill out your stuff, make the payment online, mail off the cards, and you'll have your stamp in a month.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Silencer Shop mailed my Form 4 today now the wait begins

Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tax stamp check for my can cashed on 4/30/20, fn barrel assembly on its way, form 1 sent out 4/25/20

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat May 02, 2020 10:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]