Switch to full style
SBR's, AOW's, Suppressors, MG's etc.

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.
Post a reply

stamps

Fri May 22, 2020 7:57 am

Dumb question, and I may have even asked it before, but...

I am getting ready to make a trip to the range with my SBRs and suppressor whenever they should open up again. I want to take my stamps/approved forms with me in case I'm hassled. My SBRs were both filed online, and all I ever got was a .pdf of the stamp. With my suppressor, I bought it through Rainier Arms, and I got the actual form with an actual stamp on it.

Does it matter if I only have the pdf? Is that just as valid for proof that the items in question were approved?

Re: stamps

Fri May 22, 2020 8:21 am

Oxblood wrote:Dumb question, and I may have even asked it before, but...

I am getting ready to make a trip to the range with my SBRs and suppressor whenever they should open up again. I want to take my stamps/approved forms with me in case I'm hassled. My SBRs were both filed online, and all I ever got was a .pdf of the stamp. With my suppressor, I bought it through Rainier Arms, and I got the actual form with an actual stamp on it.

Does it matter if I only have the pdf? Is that just as valid for proof that the items in question were approved?

I just carry a copy of my stamps in the carry case my cans are in .

Fri May 22, 2020 8:21 am

Oxblood wrote:Dumb question, and I may have even asked it before, but...

Copies of the PDF eForms with the stamps are perfectly adequate proof. And there is a debate as to who even has the legal authority to demand your NFA "papers". Might not hurt to keep electronic copies on your phone as well, but I wouldn't stress about it.

Fri May 22, 2020 10:04 am

AFAIK the pdf is fine. I keep printed copies of all my stamps in my range bag. Never been hassled.

Fri May 22, 2020 10:06 am

I just took pictures of the forms with my phone

Never been asked for them

Fri May 22, 2020 10:08 am

As stated above, print out a paper copy and keep a backup on your phone in case you get hassled by the doughnut squad.
Post a reply