Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:23 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 stamps 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dumb question, and I may have even asked it before, but...

I am getting ready to make a trip to the range with my SBRs and suppressor whenever they should open up again. I want to take my stamps/approved forms with me in case I'm hassled. My SBRs were both filed online, and all I ever got was a .pdf of the stamp. With my suppressor, I bought it through Rainier Arms, and I got the actual form with an actual stamp on it.

Does it matter if I only have the pdf? Is that just as valid for proof that the items in question were approved?

Fri May 22, 2020 7:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oxblood wrote:

I am getting ready to make a trip to the range with my SBRs and suppressor whenever they should open up again. I want to take my stamps/approved forms with me in case I'm hassled. My SBRs were both filed online, and all I ever got was a .pdf of the stamp. With my suppressor, I bought it through Rainier Arms, and I got the actual form with an actual stamp on it.

Does it matter if I only have the pdf? Is that just as valid for proof that the items in question were approved?

I just carry a copy of my stamps in the carry case my cans are in .

1 Corinthians 16:13-14
13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.

2 Corinthians 4:16
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

Fri May 22, 2020 8:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oxblood wrote:

Copies of the PDF eForms with the stamps are perfectly adequate proof. And there is a debate as to who even has the legal authority to demand your NFA "papers". Might not hurt to keep electronic copies on your phone as well, but I wouldn't stress about it.

Fri May 22, 2020 8:21 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

AFAIK the pdf is fine. I keep printed copies of all my stamps in my range bag. Never been hassled.

Fri May 22, 2020 10:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just took pictures of the forms with my phone

Never been asked for them

Fri May 22, 2020 10:06 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

As stated above, print out a paper copy and keep a backup on your phone in case you get hassled by the doughnut squad.

Fri May 22, 2020 10:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]