Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:57 am

Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms McCallen Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Silencerco/SWR statement on ATF/obummer proposed 41P 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kort_SilencerCo wrote:
Silencerco is very familiar with ATF's proposed regulation change 41P. We have been actively working on a plan and contingency plans to combat this blatant attack on our 2nd Amendment rights. During the comment period, it is very important to oppose 41P. Although Silencerco disagrees with 41P in its entirety, we feel it is important to bring most the attention to the CLEO sign off portion of 41P, as it’s the sticking point that will keep customers from buying suppressors. Below is a sample letter that you can use to oppose 41P. Feel free to cut and paste all of it or portions of it, and by all means customize it to your true beliefs.

This is the link to make comments opposing 41P

http://www.regulations.gov/#!docketDeta ... -2013-0001

I oppose the CLEO signature requirement outlined in 41P.

The rule as currently proposed (41P) would do little to prevent violent crime and instead would place undue burden on law-abiding citizens. It is common sense that criminals would not abide by the new proposed changes in the BATFE’s administration of NFA transfers. NFA items are typically very expensive; the transfer process requires a $200 tax payment and takes on average six to twelve month to complete. No criminal is going to participate in this process.NFA items are primarily purchased by collectors and sporting enthusiasts and have no historical links to violent crime.

Politicians should not get veto powers of citizen’s Second Amendment rights.

Requiring background checks for trusts would ensure NFA items do not fall into to the hands of criminals and makes law enforcement sign off unnecessary.
Modern data-keeping mechanisms have made local CLEO certification of legality a complete unnecessary encumberment to NFA transfers. The fact that trust and corporate transfers have recently skyrocketed in number, testifies to the hugely negative economic impact that such unnecessary certification has on the industry. The certification process is also a further burden upon already overworked and understaffed BATFE and CLEO offices.

The primary reason so many individuals have decided to go the "NFA Trust" route to buy or make NFA items is the refusal of many CLEOs to sign the forms. Often, CLEOs have no legitimate reason to refuse to sign. Many simply ignore the forms because of pressing law enforcement issues, misunderstand the forms and legal liabilities associated with them, or simply do not feel private citizens should have these items. The personal views or political agendas of those individuals should not dictate the rights of law biding citizens.

Requiringbackground checks for trust members is appropriate but the BATFE should remove the CLEO signature component of their proposal. It would simply place new burdens and red tape on local law enforcement while infringing on the rights of law-abiding citizens.

A: Sell it to Scott.

Spoiler: show
BadKarma wrote:
I just went out and killed a bunny rabbit and shoved his skin into my ears so I will never have to listen to this again.

jdigitty wrote:
Thanks everyone. Panama canal interesting, I'll MapQuest it.

cmica wrote:
dick burgers are good.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This was on my list to check out today. I will have to copy and amend it just a tad to tailor for my beliefs.

Thank you

+82 positive feedback on SGN

Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:19 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Only 1,001 comments thus far. MOST of them are pretty verbally against this.

http://www.regulations.gov/#!docketBrow ... -2013-0001

Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:28 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

small update on this bullshit rule...

http://americansilencerassociation.com/ ... te-on-41p/

ASA wrote:
On January 14th, the Board of the American Silencer Association met with the leadership of the NFA Branch of the ATF. The meeting was cordial and productive, with the focus of the conversation centered on ATF 41P. After SHOT Show, we will post a full debrief of the meeting. For now, we would like to give you a brief update.

In all, there were 9,504 comments received on the Federal Register. Of those, around 1,000 were disqualified for vulgarity, anonymity, or non-applicability. As you know, the overwhelming majority of comments were in opposition to the proposed CLEO signoff requirement. The ASA comment can be viewed here: ASA Comment

looks a little more positive on getting your forms in.

A: Sell it to Scott.

BadKarma wrote:
I just went out and killed a bunny rabbit and shoved his skin into my ears so I will never have to listen to this again.

jdigitty wrote:
Thanks everyone. Panama canal interesting, I'll MapQuest it.

cmica wrote:
dick burgers are good.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Oshit" needs to be ousted. as the saying shit rolled down hill then we can get rid of retards at the bottom

Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]