Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:13 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Suppressor reviews? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The mrs asked me if id like a suppressor for my christmas present.nwell of course! I was thinking if i got one for the AR, i could put it on my .22. We have a P22, glock 9mm, glock .40 and AR that all have threaded barrel. Id love to get one for my PPK, but its not threaded. Where has reviews or optionsvfor dual caliber use. I also considered buying a lathe and registering then making one. Any opimions? Id almost like a nice M&P instead....

Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

test results:
http://nfatalk.org/forum/showthread.php?t=716

silencerco comparisons: (may have to search a little)
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuimpDKCmUaW6qnMMp7XE7Q

Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Whichever you choose...

You better apply now. The wait times are out towards 10-15+ months and going.

So meaning you apply now and you may get it by next Christmas (best) or next summer (June/July) most likely...

Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

i should also ask, are you wanting one can for all those calibers/guns?

Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep Old Kim, I know they are as efficient as they want to be....

DJ, No, I'm juts looking for one, but if a .22 is $500 and a 9mm is $500, I'd go with the 9.

Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

if you want the most bang for your buck, go with the swr octane45. switch between 45,40 and 9mm with a piston swap. shoot .22 with the 9mm piston and fixed spacer. ability to take apart and clean. this can is full of win. if you want one for the .223, check out huntertown arms kestrel 5.56. i have that for my ar-15 and works nice. either way, talk with K&E arms (greg) on here to get some damn good pricing.

Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dj_fatstyles wrote:
if you want the most bang for your buck, go with the swr octane45. switch between 45,40 and 9mm with a piston swap. shoot .22 with the 9mm piston and fixed spacer. ability to take apart and clean. this can is full of win. if you want one for the .223, check out huntertown arms kestrel 5.56. i have that for my ar-15 and works nice. either way, talk with K&E arms (greg) on here to get some damn good pricing.

Are the different pistons included or purchased separately? How much if bought separately?

Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:59 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

I bought my Kestrel 22 from Greg @ K&E. Excellent transaction, highly recommend.

All things considered, I am very happy with the Kestrel. It's a nightmare to clean, but it is also the easiest 22 suppressor to clean. WRT rifle suppressors, I shot a 223 and 308 suppressors belonging to a friend, and generally, I am not a huge fan of these (not sure what they were though). They are not hearing safe, so you still had to wear headphones, and they did impact accuracy. So not sure what's the advantage of using them at all.

Perhaps suppressors for centerfire pistols might make more sense - but I don't have threaded barrels on most of my pistols to try...

Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:26 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benja455 wrote:
Are the different pistons included or purchased separately? How much if bought separately?

usually one piston is included for the designated caliber but in the thread pitch you want/need (standard or metric) but the other pistons would have to be bought separately from around $150 MSRP but that is way cheaper than having to buy a dedicated can for each caliber and you dont have to wait on the piston transfer. :thumbsup2:

@soly rifle cans do have some benefit as it cuts down the initial concussion blast and some are better than others on Db reduction. POI shift is mainly caused by the weight of the can on the barrel so if you keep the can on the gun, POI wont shift.

Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

the easiest 22 can to clean is the sparrow it has clam shells to keep the tube clean and is a mono core the SS means you can scrub it with anything. if you get a good 45 can you can get different pistons to use it on 40 and 9. there is some db difference but I have several friends that do if and there is not much difference than a 45 can on a 9 and a 9 can on a 9. same as a 30 cal can on a 223. if you get good 308 can you can run it in most rifles 30 cal on down . I have a never ending amount of useless knowledge on this buying and testing them for over 10 years any questions pm me I'll help if I can

Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:01 pm

Marine3%er wrote:
the easiest 22 can to clean is the sparrow it has clam shells to keep the tube clean and is a mono core the SS means you can scrub it with anything. if you get a good 45 can you can get different pistons to use it on 40 and 9. there is some db difference but I have several friends that do if and there is not much difference than a 45 can on a 9 and a 9 can on a 9. same as a 30 cal can on a 223. if you get good 308 can you can run it in most rifles 30 cal on down . I have a never ending amount of useless knowledge on this buying and testing them for over 10 years any questions pm me I'll help if I can

Or you can get the Thunderbeast 30p and use it on 300 wm and down to 223:grin:

CHECK OUT OUR NEW ESTORE
WE can take credit cards plus 3%
I AM AN FFL/NFA DEALER. EVERYTHING I SELL HAS PAPERWORK REQUIRED AND I AM FORCED TO CHARGE SALES TAX

Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K&E ARMS wrote:
Marine3%er wrote:

the thunderbeast is a good suppressor but if your going to run it on a semi auto get a SS to deal with the heat

Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:03 pm

Marine3%er wrote:
K&E ARMS wrote:
Marine3%er wrote:

the thunderbeast is a good suppressor but if your going to run it on a semi auto get a SS to deal with the heat

For sure I did forget that part.

CHECK OUT OUR NEW ESTORE
WE can take credit cards plus 3%
I AM AN FFL/NFA DEALER. EVERYTHING I SELL HAS PAPERWORK REQUIRED AND I AM FORCED TO CHARGE SALES TAX

Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just submitted a Form 4 for a Thunder Beast 30BA yesterday. It'll be a long wait but at least I have my Osprey 45 to play with for now.

Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:42 pm

I was just looking at this gemtech. I know quite a few people with the g5 the love it. I am in the same boat would like to get a suppressor that would fit a couple of pistols. I have the aac 762 sd and it works great on my 5.56 and rem 700 in 308. this one i need to find out more of .
http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/MULTIMOUNT-2p94.htm

Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next