Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:02 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Do you want a Trust? Sunday, March 30th 10am 

Would you be interested in a meeting with a lawyer?
Yes 39%  39%  [ 25 ]
No 9%  9%  [ 6 ]
Weeknight 22%  22%  [ 14 ]
Weekend 30%  30%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 64

Do you want a Trust? Sunday, March 30th 10am 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TacticalAssault wrote:
So did anyone ask about the second question on the Form 1 in relation to trusts?

Application is made by: Individual___ Corporation or Other Business Entity___ Government Entity___

I know it's not a Government entity so would it be a corp or other business entity?

So yes if using a Gun Trust - you would select this box (middle one) on the Form 1, Question 2.

Form 1 (to make your own NFA)
http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download ... 5320-1.pdf

Form 4 (to buy NFA item from FFL)
http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download ... 5320-4.pdf

Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Did anyone ask the limit on co-trustees for the bronze?

Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't think you could have co-trustees on bronze.

Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:26 pm
Founding Father
Founding Father

oldkim wrote:
TacticalAssault wrote:
So did anyone ask about the second question on the Form 1 in relation to trusts?

Application is made by: Individual___ Corporation or Other Business Entity___ Government Entity___

I know it's not a Government entity so would it be a corp or other business entity?

So yes if using a Gun Trust - you would select this box (middle one) on the Form 1, Question 2.

Form 1 (to make your own NFA)
http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download ... 5320-1.pdf

Form 4 (to buy NFA item from FFL)
http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download ... 5320-4.pdf

Thanks, Young. Form 1 for suppressor being submitted soon. :snipersmilie: PEW PEW PEW.

Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Email Dennis or Keith. They will answer you.

Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:58 pm
Founding Father
Founding Father

spikedzombies wrote:

Can't have co-trustees on the Bronze. You can have a trustee that takes over your trust upon serious injury and one that takes over upon death. The Bronze trust is written so that anyone engaging in an outdoor activity with you is covered and legally allowed to use your NFA items while with you.

This is why I got the Bronze because it allows me to get the stuff and use it with friends and family without having to appoint co-trustees and just successor trustees. :mulletslayer:

Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TacticalAssault wrote:
spikedzombies wrote:

Can't have co-trustees on the Bronze. You can have a trustee that takes over your trust upon serious injury and one that takes over upon death. The Bronze trust is written so that anyone engaging in an outdoor activity with you is covered and legally allowed to use your NFA items while with you.

This is why I got the Bronze because it allows me to get the stuff and use it with friends and family without having to appoint co-trustees and just successor trustees. :mulletslayer:

guess ill have to buy a small safe for my future nfa items

since if im at work and such my family has access to my current firearms it would be illegal for them to have access to the nfa items without me being present and or them as co-trustee, if my understanding of the law is correct.

Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:28 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

spikedzombies wrote:
since if im at work and such my family has access to my current firearms it would be illegal for them to have access to the nfa items without me being present and or them as co-trustee, if my understanding of the law is correct.

Yes, this is my understanding as well. This is how I read my trust, and it was confirmed by an e-mail exchange with Keith.

If anyone else has the combo to your safe with the NFA items (or if you don't have a safe and they live with you), then they need to be a co-trustee.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
spikedzombies wrote:

Yes, this is my understanding as well. This is how I read my trust, and it was confirmed by an e-mail exchange with Keith.

If anyone else has the combo to your safe with the NFA items (or if you don't have a safe and they live with you), then they need to be a co-trustee.

yeah, i figured as much.. just means a safe specifically for NFA items ... :reaction: which is probably a good thing anyways

Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:46 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Or upgrade to the Silver trust. They'll give you credit for what you spent on the bronze, you won't need to buy a new safe, and you'll be able to add co-trustees that will help in other situations as well.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:47 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

TacticalAssault wrote:
I see a Sinus and a Tannardog in there.

Damn, spotted!!!

I'll have to wear sunglasses and my fake nose next time. Real incognito like :peep:

Oh and a big thanks again to Young for setting up this event. It was run very professionally, kept to a reasonable timeline, Dennis and Keith were very informative and Young and Steve did a great job putting together some cool swag to raffle off!

All in all a very positive experience and I got to come home with a trust. Nice work Waguns! :thumbsup2:

Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:49 pm
Founding Father
Founding Father

sinus211 wrote:
TacticalAssault wrote:

Damn, spotted!!!

I'll have to wear sunglasses and my fake nose next time. Real incognito like :peep:

Oh and a big thanks again to Young for setting up this event. It was run very professionally, kept to a reasonable timeline, Dennis and Keith were very informative and Young and Steve did a great job putting together some cool swag to raffle off!

All in all a very positive experience and I got to come home with a trust. Nice work Waguns! :thumbsup2:

I thought you WERE wearing them. :bigsmile:

Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:37 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

TacticalAssault wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
TacticalAssault wrote:

Damn, spotted!!!

I thought you WERE wearing them. :bigsmile:

No no, that was my fake double chin. Yeah, that's it. Fake.

Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:40 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11