Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:03 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.

Reply to topic  [ 957 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 64  Next
 The have you received a Tax stamp lately thread. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Interesting tidbit from the Capitol Armory website:

COVID-19 UPDATE
The ATF examiners in charge of approving your Form 4s are still at work! Each are working from home and diligently approving Forms. In the past 30 days, we've seen more approvals than ever, but each are taking longer to arrive. If you've contacted the ATF regarding your approval and have an approved Form 4, please allow 30 days for it to arrive at our facility. The examiners are not immediately mailing your approvals since they are rarely visiting the NFA branch to turn in approvals.

My personal take on this:
Yes the NFA process sucks rocks!!! The overall processing times are thoroughly intolerable. That's a problem for our federal legislators failing to reform the NFA process and/or providing insufficient budget to hire enough examiners.

Though something to keep in mind is that the individual ATF examiners themselves are likely required to mail approved Form 4's through official channels and they are likely only infrequently dropping accumulated approved Form 4's at the NFA branch office. So this likely creating an extra delay on the tail end of the review process.

Wed May 06, 2020 12:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey thanks for that info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed May 06, 2020 12:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
mash man wrote:
I talked to the guys at I-5 guns today and they said that they just got a stamp in that was approved 5 weeks ago. I don't think I will ever get this fucking can.

Tom just needs a Kiosk!

I agree.

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Thu May 07, 2020 11:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Check cashed 7/19/19, got the call today for a Specwar 7.62 Can. I actually had two in Jail at Pantels, but the stamp only came for one of them.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat May 16, 2020 11:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They must be combining stamps for background checks. I bought two cans. One in August and one on Christmas. Both were just approved for pickup last week.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 17, 2020 6:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Combining them? I bought two cans the same day and only 1 stamp came in yesterday.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun May 17, 2020 8:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Combining them? I bought two cans the same day and only 1 stamp came in yesterday.

Still two stamps but both came at the same time even though they were applied for months apart.

Sun May 17, 2020 9:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wired wrote:
usrifle wrote:

Still two stamps but both came at the same time even though they were applied for months apart.

I was surprised they didn't get both of them at the same time, but then again weird stuff happens with wait times etc.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun May 17, 2020 9:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Wired wrote:
usrifle wrote:

I was surprised they didn't get both of them at the same time, but then again weird stuff happens with wait times etc.
Same thing happened to me. I purchased two suppressors a week apart and one got approved before the other. Still waiting for these stamps in the mail!!

Sun May 17, 2020 4:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mr. Q wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Wired wrote:
usrifle wrote:

Same thing happened to me. I purchased two suppressors a week apart and one got approved before the other. Still waiting for these stamps in the mail!!

Mine were the same day. Silencer shop kiosk, both at the same time. Meh, who knows the mysteries of the ATF.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun May 17, 2020 4:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I know a few of you has been waiting patiently for your tax stamp to come back, today is my day. Submitted eform 4 on labor day. Can’t wait to try it in out!!

Mon May 18, 2020 10:41 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Damn, that's not a bad flowtime at all . . . well, it's criminal, but it's better than usual.

What did you get?

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon May 18, 2020 8:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Damn, that's not a bad flowtime at all . . . well, it's criminal, but it's better than usual.

What did you get?

Right? Dude drops this here with no details. :facepalm2:

Give it up, what is that new Toy?

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon May 18, 2020 8:33 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

usrifle wrote:
Wired wrote:
usrifle wrote:

That is surprising. From what I've heard they're doing batch approvals for people. So if you have a couple in the pipe, regardless of when they were purchased, you're likely to get multiple approvals at once.

Mon May 18, 2020 9:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dead air Mask... not sure how quiet it can be,but it is definitely hearing safe:)

usrifle wrote:
MadPick wrote:

What did you get?

Right? Dude drops this here with no details. :facepalm2:

Give it up, what is that new Toy?

Mon May 18, 2020 9:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 957 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 64  Next