Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:24 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.

Reply to topic  [ 957 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 64  Next
 The have you received a Tax stamp lately thread. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cletus wrote:
So after you have been through the process once does it go faster your second time because you are already in the system?

No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I picked up my can today. I love my HYBRID :inlove: :inlove: :party1: :party1:

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mash how long did it take for the stamp to get here from approval?
I'm waiting on the same can. Dam different muzzle breaks add up if you use the ASR quick attachment.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CMPattison wrote:
I'm waiting on the same can. Dam different muzzle breaks add up if you use the ASR quick attachment.

check out https://sdtacticalarms.com/ they are doing some things that are going to piss off silencerco.

my stamp was approved on the 23rd and got to the gun shop on the 30th.

my last stamp took 2 weeks from approval to in the mailbox.

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Last edited by mash man on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:40 pm

I got a call from Westcoast Armory yesterday saying my Griffin Revolution 9 tax stamp is in and is ready to be picked up. Check was cashed 2/28/18. Weird thing is I have a Dead Air Mask 22 can sitting there that the check was cashed on 12/18/17... Hope the stamp comes for that one soon.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mxhumes484 wrote:
I got a call from Westcoast Armory yesterday saying my Griffin Revolution 9 tax stamp is in and is ready to be picked up. Check was cashed 2/28/18. Weird thing is I have a Dead Air Mask 22 can sitting there that the check was cashed on 12/18/17... Hope the stamp comes for that one soon.

call them. mine went past the 7 months and they told me if it makes it to 8 months to call them back and they would look into it.

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:33 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

So what exactly is the process to Form 1 an SBR these days? Specifically those that are coming back super fast?

I did a couple just before the whole law-change shenanigan directly through the BATFE website. Is that still the trick or do I need to go through a 3rd party like Silencershop?

Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mash man wrote:
CMPattison wrote:

check out https://sdtacticalarms.com/ they are doing some things that are going to piss off silencerco.

So they are back up and running with options that might help an enterprising individual complete a Form 1 can. Looks like there aren't any "solvent trap kits" that got them in hot water in the first place. Curious how long their "barrel shrouds" last, or if they go the way of the "solvent traps". Might give it a shot while they are back up and running so I can form 1 a couple cans. Could be fun.

Edit to add, easy enough to look at their offerings, get the dimensions, wait for the form 1 to return, then buy everything.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

beckdw wrote:
mash man wrote:
CMPattison wrote:

So they are back up and running with options that might help an enterprising individual complete a Form 1 can. Looks like there aren't any "solvent trap kits" that got them in hot water in the first place. Curious how long their "barrel shrouds" last, or if they go the way of the "solvent traps". Might give it a shot while they are back up and running so I can form 1 a couple cans. Could be fun.

Edit to add, easy enough to look at their offerings, get the dimensions, wait for the form 1 to return, then buy everything.

I would buy first then do paperwork just in case. Then make after you get the stamp.

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mxhumes484 wrote:

Try to contact your examiner at ATF. If you're stuck in FBI background check I believe they can use the approval from the Rev 9 to expedite the Mask.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DGM33 wrote:
So what exactly is the process to Form 1 an SBR these days? Specifically those that are coming back super fast?

I did a couple just before the whole law-change shenanigan directly through the BATFE website. Is that still the trick or do I need to go through a 3rd party like Silencershop?

get an arm brace. :thumbsup2:

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:50 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

mash man wrote:
DGM33 wrote:

Oh yeah, I *might* have one or two (or so) of those already....

Actually just thinking about some other cool possibilities that I've put off because I don't do well with delayed gratification.

But looking back through this thread, I found the reddit link that explains the current process.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DGM33 wrote:
mash man wrote:
DGM33 wrote:

Oh yeah, I *might* have one or two (or so) of those already....

Actually just thinking about some other cool possibilities that I've put off because I don't do well with delayed gratification.

But looking back through this thread, I found the reddit link that explains the current process.

now that I have a SBR I see no point in it. an arm brace does the same thing and you don't have to pay $200 to do it as well as be put on any list's. I will never buy another SBR

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:14 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

mash man wrote:

now that I have a SBR I see no point in it. an arm brace does the same thing and you don't have to pay $200 to do it as well as be put on any list's. I will never buy another SBR

From an AR standpoint, I mostly agree. Especially now that they have adjustable length braces so they aren't so damn short.

I'd love an Auto Ordnance Thompson 1927 SBR and a brace isn't quite the same for one of those! But buying either the pistol version and adding a stock myself or buying the rifle version and swapping the barrel for a 10.5" would be a lot faster with a form 1 than buying the SBR on a form 4.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DGM33 wrote:
mash man wrote:

From an AR standpoint, I mostly agree. Especially now that they have adjustable length braces so they aren't so damn short.

I'd love an Auto Ordnance Thompson 1927 SBR and a brace isn't quite the same for one of those! But buying either the pistol version and adding a stock myself or buying the rifle version and swapping the barrel for a 10.5" would be a lot faster with a form 1 than buying the SBR on a form 4.

in that case yes I agree but everything else I am good with the brace BS

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 957 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 64  Next