Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:52 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.

Reply to topic  [ 957 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 64  Next
 The have you received a Tax stamp lately thread. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
KnuckleHead wrote:
Was just at Rehv and they confirmed that after July 1, there will be no additional delay in pickup once the stamp comes in. The background check requirements are satisfied by the ATF check. You will still do a 4473 for the store records, but no check is required (he even showed me the box on the 4473 that relates to this).

.... unless you are waiting on a Maxim! The SN for the suppressor is BGC'd by the Feds as part of the stamp process, but the gun itself is a separate SN, where in WA is a pistol.

Plot twist! :reaction:

It'll be interesting to see what your STATE wait time ends up being for that Maxim (assuming your 4473 is completed on or after July 1).

Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:45 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I did my 4473 on the maxim pistol today, knowing the stamp will be here in a few weeks. Hopefully it all pans out.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:44 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

E-file trust form 1 SBR
Submitted: June 6th (noonish)
Approval: June 27th (6:56am)

Not bad at all. Now to get it engraved...

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So question; given how long a suppressor stamp costs these days, what is the downside of doing a form 1 and simply manufacturing a suppressor? I know you’re not going to get the high quality and support of a legit suppressor, but you wouldn’t be waiting a year or more to get it.

Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

airmandan wrote:
So question; given how long a suppressor stamp costs these days, what is the downside of doing a form 1 and simply manufacturing a suppressor? I know you’re not going to get the high quality and support of a legit suppressor, but you wouldn’t be waiting a year or more to get it.

I think the difference in quality is often understated. Commercial cans blow the homemade stuff away; they're lighter, better machined, have superior materials & coatings, offer more features, and are backed by warranties. Homemade stuff might compete on sound reduction, but that's about the only point. You could try a hybrid approach where you find the tube you want, Form 1 it, then send it off to a SOT for a professional re-core. They'll machine the end caps & baffles, and give you mounting options - all without the need for more tax stamps or long waits. That would cut down your NFA wait time and give you close to the quality and performance of a commercially-made can, but it won't be much cheaper, if at all.

Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:26 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Just got the call to come pick up my Rugged Obsidian .45. Form 4 took 312 days from check being cashed by ATF. :angryfire:

Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A little over 10 months, the time has come down some. Last bunch I got ran 12 to 14 months.

Based on that, I will have a VERY merry Christmas. I have 3 currently that I am waiting on.

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KnuckleHead wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:
Mr. Q wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:
So, for those of you who go in to pick up your cans after July 1, is my understanding correct that you'll have to endure another long, unspecified wait to pick up your can because the 4473 will run through local LEA? I know we have a thread going about which FFLs will be releasing firearms after 10 days with or without a proceed from local LEA, but what about SOTs - will they do that with NFA stuff, too?

No way....at the point where the stamps come in, all required checks have been completed.

Ah, I see...the process changed with 41F. I haven't made a purchase on a Form 4 since pre-41F, so I didn't know the 4473 was no longer required for trusts & corporations, because the Responsible Persons Questionnaire takes care of the check on the person picking up the NFA item from the dealer after approval. Makes sense.

Yeah, Mr Q is correct. Was just at Rehv and they confirmed that after July 1, there will be no additional delay in pickup once the stamp comes in. The background check requirements are satisfied by the ATF check. You will still do a 4473 for the store records, but no check is required (he even showed me the box on the 4473 that relates to this).

Picked up a Omega 9k.

Check cashed 7/12/18
approved 6/11/19
stamp in on 6/20/19
F4 individual

That has always been the case not just after July 1st but most FFLs don’t give a shit and still run the 4473. That’s good that rehv is doing it properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
airmandan wrote:

I think the difference in quality is often understated. Commercial cans blow the homemade stuff away; they're lighter, better machined, have superior materials & coatings, offer more features, and are backed by warranties. Homemade stuff might compete on sound reduction, but that's about the only point. You could try a hybrid approach where you find the tube you want, Form 1 it, then send it off to a SOT for a professional re-core. They'll machine the end caps & baffles, and give you mounting options - all without the need for more tax stamps or long waits. That would cut down your NFA wait time and give you close to the quality and performance of a commercially-made can, but it won't be much cheaper, if at all.

Want to add that option won’t have a warranty either.

Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:04 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

MyNameIs940 wrote:
That has always been the case not just after July 1st but most FFLs don’t give a shit and still run the 4473. That’s good that rehv is doing it properly.

Well, not "always" . . . but since 41f kicked in, yes.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
MyNameIs940 wrote:

Well, not "always" . . . but since 41f kicked in, yes.

Sorry should have clarified that, yes since 41f

Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
Just got the call to come pick up my Rugged Obsidian .45. Form 4 took 312 days from check being cashed by ATF. :angryfire:

yeah, mine was 328 days. what a bunch of crock. that government shutdown and the atf being shut down while they moved didn't help things either. i'm hoping my subsequent purchases will be a teensy bit quicker.

Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am at 341 days today for my oldest form 4 purchase. :frust:

Form 1 is still screaming though. 21 days. Just got to work and my first email was my new SBR stamp. :bigsmile:

Off to see Trevor soon. Should have done it last weekend, oh well.

Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just got the call today my Chimera 30 is ready to pickup. 366 days from cashed check.

Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:04 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Just got the call from SSG that my Octane9 stamp came in.
Form 4 submitted 9/5/18
Check cashed 11/9/18
So just under a year. Woohoo.
Now I just have to figure out when I can make it to Olympia to pick it up!

Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 957 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 64  Next