Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:22 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Need some opinions on a supprressor 

So I'm looking for a 9mm can, may go 45 but I dont have much interest in 45 and wouldn't get a 1911 with a threaded barrel. I'm really green when it comes to suppressors. I'd like one that can shoot 300 blk supersonic, I don't want to make the mistake of accidently running super lsonic through one that calls for sub sonic only. So far it looks like the mystic x does allow supersonic, but it's pretty spendy, would like to keep the price, length, and weight down, but I'm aware that does mean the price isn't going to be the cheapest. Griffin seems like.a.good deal because they come with a.booster/piston with it already

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you want to shoot 9mm and .300 BLK supersonic through the same can, then you've already figured it out - the Liberty Mystic X is what you want. It's 13.9oz with the booster installed, which is a bit on the heavy side for a pistol can, but it's still lighter than the Hybrid. The downside to the monocore design is they are a pain in the ass to clean, but because this one is stainless you can drop it in an ultrasonic cleaner and you're good to go. Solid choice, IMHO.

Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:18 pm

Guns4Liberty wrote:
If you want to shoot 9mm and .300 BLK supersonic through the same can, then you've already figured it out - the Liberty Mystic X is what you want. It's 13.9oz with the booster installed, which is a bit on the heavy side for a pistol can, but it's still lighter than the Hybrid. The downside to the monocore design is they are a pain in the ass to clean, but because this one is stainless you can drop it in an ultrasonic cleaner and you're good to go. Solid choice, IMHO.

Yeah it's almost as heavy as the hybrid, and I can shoot 308 out of the hybrid. I think they hybrid is a bit big for pistols, that coukd just be me though.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd wait 12-24 months. I'd wager cans are far easier to get, more options, and far cheaper in the first 2 years of Trumps term. Cans are on the top tier of what the NRA is pushing to deregulate.

Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:35 pm

leadcounsel wrote:
I'd wait 12-24 months. I'd wager cans are far easier to get, more options, and far cheaper in the first 2 years of Trumps term. Cans are on the top tier of what the NRA is pushing to deregulate.

Yeah I'd rather just get one now verses 1 to 2 years. Besides it's not a sure thing. If it does pass the stamp is refunded on people that purchased after the date the bill was written

Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would recommend going with a 45cal suppressor and a 9mm end cap as this combination is usually quieter than most dedicated 9mm suppressors. With this in mind I would go with a Dead Air Ghost, Rugged Obsidian, or Griffin Optimus (in that order). All three suppressors are modular so you can unscrew a portion of the can to go to a "K" or short versions which is equivalent in length to a dedicated 9mm suppressor.

For reference I own the following pistol suppressors: SilencerCo Osprey 45, SilencerCo Octane 45HD, SilencerCo Hybrid, and Rugged Obsidian (waiting for stamp).

Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I recently bought an Omega 9k. 9mm and full auto 300 blackout. Gtg if you don't need to shoot 45acp too.

Divided we fall.

Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BlDtyLry wrote:
I would recommend going with a 45cal suppressor and a 9mm end cap as this combination is usually quieter than most dedicated 9mm suppressors. With this in mind I would go with a Dead Air Ghost, Rugged Obsidian, or Griffin Optimus (in that order). All three suppressors are modular so you can unscrew a portion of the can to go to a "K" or short versions which is equivalent in length to a dedicated 9mm suppressor.

For reference I own the following pistol suppressors: SilencerCo Osprey 45, SilencerCo Octane 45HD, SilencerCo Hybrid, and Rugged Obsidian (waiting for stamp).

Pretty sure the Hybrid is the only one in that group that is rated for 300 Blackout Supers.
I'd just advise against even having any supersonic Blackout ammo. Nothing to worry about then. Why shoot noisy guns?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Missed the 300BLK supers. The Griffin Optimus then. It can handle 22LR thru 300WM (max bullet diameter is .357) . Hybrid would be better if you need to shoot .40 cal plus.

Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BlDtyLry wrote:
Missed the 300BLK supers. The Griffin Optimus then. It can handle 22LR thru 300WM (max bullet diameter is .357) . Hybrid would be better if you need to shoot .40 cal plus.

The Optimus is normally quite a bit more than the Mystic X ($1,100 MSRP vs. $800), but it currently listed on SilencerShop for $900 with all the bells and whistles, whereas the Mystic X is listed at $735 with no mount (pistol booster is an extra $150). At those prices, I'd take the Optimus.

Optimus - http://www.silencershop.com/griffin-armament-optimus.html

Mystic X - http://www.silencershop.com/liberty-mystic-x.html

Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]