Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:38 am


Vote NO 1639 Vote NO 1639 Vote NO 1639 Vote NO 1639 Vote NO 1639 Vote NO 1639
Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms I5 Guns & Ammo Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar



Forum rules


Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.



Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Retail suppressor brands/dealers recommendations? 
Author Message
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Marysville
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012
Posts: 9151
Real Name: Mike
I'm finally going out to buy a couple suppressors and had some questions:

-Where should I go locally that has good prices, good selection, and a silencershop machine so I can handle everything while I'm there?

-What brands should I be looking at?

-I want a suppressor for 22lr & .22wmr, but I would also love to have one for my 5.56 rifle for prairie dog shooting. Should I buy 1 can in 5.56 for all these needs? Or should I buy a .22wmr/5.7x28 rated can for my rimfire needs and a separate .30cal can to use on my 5.56 and 6.5 creedmoor rifles?

-Other suggestions?

p. sorry Scotty I know you're facepalming right now as I'm sure you're run me through this 10x by now. You're also probably asking yourself "why doesn't this asshole just form 1 a can like I told him to?" Short answer- with a 9+ month wait time and $200 stamp involved I just want to make sure I do this right.

Thanks in advance guys

_________________
Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/


Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:40 pm
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Renton/Kent
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012
Posts: 1787
Real Name: Jacy
It's a little far probably, but Rehv Arms in Covington has all of those things, including the amazingly handy-dandy kiosk. And supposedly the wait time for an individual using the bar code system is like 4 months. I'll let you know for sure when mine come back.


Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:47 pm
Profile
User avatar

Location: East Renton Plateau
Joined: Tue Jul 5, 2011
Posts: 479
Sealed .30 cal. can for the centerfires and a 5.7 rated rimfire can that can be disassembled is my recommendation.
As I understand it, in stock selection isn't as important with the Powered by Silencershop dealers. I think they get the ball rolling on all of the paperwork right away when the order is placed. No waiting for the form 3 to clear before starting the form 4 process.

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk


Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:58 pm
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Marysville
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012
Posts: 9151
Real Name: Mike
DGM33 wrote:
It's a little far probably, but Rehv Arms in Covington has all of those things, including the amazingly handy-dandy kiosk. And supposedly the wait time for an individual using the bar code system is like 4 months. I'll let you know for sure when mine come back.

What's the bar code system?

Eta- I've had nothing but great experiences at Rehv. Very friendly sales staff! Not worried about the drive, it's worth it to buy from a good shop. I'd rather give Rehv my money than go to a closer shop that's just so so.

_________________
Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/


Last edited by Sinus211 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:02 pm
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Marysville
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012
Posts: 9151
Real Name: Mike
1811GNR wrote:
Sealed .30 cal. can for the centerfires and a 5.7 rated rimfire can that can be disassembled is my recommendation.
As I understand it, in stock selection isn't as important with the Powered by Silencershop dealers. I think they get the ball rolling on all of the paperwork right away when the order is placed. No waiting for the form 3 to clear before starting the form 4 process.

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

Good to know, thank you!

_________________
Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/


Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:02 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Snohomish, WA
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012
Posts: 829
Real Name: Bo
My recommendation is a Rugged Obsidian for 22lr and all Pistol calibers up to 45acp and a Dead Air Sandman for 30cal rifle and below.

_________________
"I don't know what it's called. I just know the sound it makes, when it takes a man's life." ~ Four Leaf Tayback


Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:49 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: 40 acres of heaven
Joined: Sun Apr 7, 2013
Posts: 441
I have several suppressors (octane 45 is one of them), but have been out of the suppressor loop so to speak on newer products (might be something better or cheaper than the octane 45). If you are planning on a small caliber rifle with a scope, you might want to look at a pistol can like the octane 45 (don’t know if it’s rated for 22wmr). The scope will make site blockage a non issue and with the octane 45 you have a can that is serviceable that you could use on pistols as well. I have been very happy with both of my octane suppressors.


Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:10 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Redmond
Joined: Sun Apr 7, 2013
Posts: 2201
West Coast Armory has a ton of suppressors and the kiosk. I always find the staff helpful and friendly.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:04 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Edmonds
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014
Posts: 5045
Real Name: Curtis
+1 for Rehv Arms. I've always been impressed by the customer service.

1811GNR had some good tips on which types of cans to get, especially for rimfire.

Mike, given your variety of platforms and calibers, you might consider the SilencerCo Hybrid. Oh, and you should by that Maxim from Kelly so I can try it out. :bigsmile:


Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:38 am
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Renton/Kent
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012
Posts: 1787
Real Name: Jacy
Guns4Liberty wrote:
Oh, and you should by that Maxim from Kelly so I can try it out. :bigsmile:


I kind of really want one of those. I'm just too lazy to get the photos/fingerprints since Kelly doesn't have a kiosk.


Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:46 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: maple valley
Joined: Mon May 6, 2013
Posts: 1974
Real Name: Earl
My business goes to Pantel Tactical in Renton. I have two suppressors now, a saker762 and a tirant 45. If I did it over, I would have went with the octane over the tirant. I got the saker from Pantel, and I plan on getting a Q trash panda suppressor through Pantel this year, https://liveqordie.com/collections/sile ... panda-by-q


Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:46 am
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Marysville
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012
Posts: 9151
Real Name: Mike
Guns4Liberty wrote:
+1 for Rehv Arms. I've always been impressed by the customer service.

1811GNR had some good tips on which types of cans to get, especially for rimfire.

Mike, given your variety of platforms and calibers, you might consider the SilencerCo Hybrid. Oh, and you should by that Maxim from Kelly so I can try it out. :bigsmile:

Hahahaha...no. :bruce:

Why a sealed can for the centerfire?

_________________
Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/


Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:01 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Edmonds
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014
Posts: 5045
Real Name: Curtis
sinus211 wrote:
Why a sealed can for the centerfire?

Because you really don't need to clean centerfire rifle cans, so getting one that is sealed not only saves you that trouble (because you can't even if you want to :reaction: ) but it also gives you a more durable can with presumably fewer potential failure points. Also, the additional machining that is required to construct a serviceable can will only add to the cost of manufacturing, and thus the cost of purchase.

Or so I learned on the Interwebz... :peep:


Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:36 am
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Marysville
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012
Posts: 9151
Real Name: Mike
Guns4Liberty wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
Why a sealed can for the centerfire?

Because you really don't need to clean centerfire rifle cans, so getting one that is sealed not only saves you that trouble (because you can't even if you want to :reaction: ) but it also gives you a more durable can with presumably fewer potential failure points. Also, the additional machining that is required to construct a serviceable can will only add to the cost of manufacturing, and thus the cost of purchase.

Or so I learned on the Interwebz... :peep:


Good to know, I had no idea! Why is it that centerfire cans don't need cleaning? If I take it shooting prairie dogs it'll see 1k+ rounds per trip.

_________________
Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/


Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:38 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: maple valley
Joined: Mon May 6, 2013
Posts: 1974
Real Name: Earl
One reason is that it doesn't lead up like rimfire suppressors.
shooting high pressure factory ammo will pretty much heat up and burn most carbon and self clean the suppressor.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/03/18/should-you-clean-your-suppressor/


Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:42 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons e-arms.com


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 0.716s | 14 Queries | GZIP : On ]