Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:32 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Retail suppressor brands/dealers recommendations? 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Duke EB wrote:
One reason is that it doesn't lead up like rimfire suppressors.
shooting high pressure factory ammo will pretty much heat up and burn most carbon and self clean the suppressor.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/03/18/should-you-clean-your-suppressor/

Thanks bud!

Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:14 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

1811GNR wrote:
Sealed .30 cal. can for the centerfires and a 5.7 rated rimfire can that can be disassembled is my recommendation.

Exactly. thumbsup

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:09 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

MadPick wrote:
1811GNR wrote:
Sealed .30 cal. can for the centerfires and a 5.7 rated rimfire can that can be disassembled is my recommendation.

Exactly. thumbsup

This is what I'm going to do, thanks for the help guys! Taking a trip down to Rehv next week to go can shopping for a serviceable rimfire can and a sealed .30cal can.

Any thoughts on monocore vs baffle stack for the rimfire can?

Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I went with the SWR Sparrow for my 22 can. Mono core, light weight, quiet super happy with it.
For my rifle can I got the Specwar 7.62 which I now think is discontinued but it is a sealed 30 cal can rated up to 300 win mag.
Add a pistol can in your largest caliber and you are pretty much set.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:22 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Fungunnin wrote:
I went with the SWR Sparrow for my 22 can. Mono core, light weight, quiet super happy with it.
For my rifle can I got the Specwar 7.62 which I now think is discontinued but it is a sealed 30 cal can rated up to 300 win mag.
Add a pistol can in your largest caliber and you are pretty much set.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

That's the plan. Pistol can will probably be this summer as money allows.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2018/01/24/ul ... Newsletter

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If your going 22 can I have the spectreII. its the same stainless baffle stack design as the octane series. Works good, easy to take apart and easy to clean. When cleaning, I throw the baffles in my tumbler with a bunch of used 22 brass, hot water and a little dawn. Technically the water coming out will have lead in it, so dispose properly.

I’m not a fan of mono core designs. Harder to clean and many have louder first round pop.

Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:12 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

DGM33 wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:
Oh, and you should by that Maxim from Kelly so I can try it out. :bigsmile:

I kind of really want one of those. I'm just too lazy to get the photos/fingerprints since Kelly doesn't have a kiosk.

I don't have a kiosk in my garage, correct. But I have an agreement with another local shop where they let me use their kiosk and we continue to be awesome to each other whenever possible.

In other words, I have all the benefits of having a kiosk, and it's in Renton, closer to your office Jacy :-P.

About, facebook, twitter, wiki

Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:32 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I stopped in to Rehv Arms today and bought a Rugged Oculus 22 suppressor. The guys at Rehv were extremely helpful, walked me through the whole process and got me set up with all my info through their Silencer Shop kiosk. Special thanks to Jody for being so helpful! And staff for walking me through the adaptable Oculus suppressor and the Rugged warranty. Really great buying experience and knowledgeable staff! I will be making all of my future suppressor purchases with them!

https://modernrifleman.net/2017/05/31/s ... 22-review/

Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sweet. What did you go with in terms of trust vs individual etc? I can never keep up with the times on that... what's better now?

NRA Certified RSO
SAF/NRA Life Member

Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:09 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Blaze.45 wrote:
Sweet. What did you go with in terms of trust vs individual etc? I can never keep up with the times on that... what's better now?

I went individual in order to avoid having my listed trustees have to submit fingerprints/photos as well.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:42 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Cool thing with this can is you can basically break it in half length-wise and shoot the short version. It's only about the size of a standard .30cal muzzle brake and only sacrifices about 5dB over shooting the full length can.

Here's a pic of the suppressor in short configuration next to an AK booster and a 5.45 brake (suppressor is in the middle)

Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great choice. You will love shooting suppressed. Now you need to start buying standard velocity 22lr.
I really like the cci standard ammo for semi-auto stuff. Cycles well and is pretty quite. I have some other brands, but haven’t shot any yet.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why did I have to read this!!! Why did I have to find out about that stupid kiosk!!! :frust: :hook1:
What time does rehv arms open? icon_eek

Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Does anyone know if West Coast Armory does conjugal visits with cans bought through them?

Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next