Switch to full style
SBR's, AOW's, Suppressors, MG's etc.

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.
Post a reply

Suppressor Thread Adapters

Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:30 pm

Just ordered a couple suppressors. One of them is a .30cal with 5/8x24 threads that I'd also like to use on my 1/2x28 AR's. I assume quality is important to avoid misalignment and baffle strikes. What do you all recommend for thread adapters?

The suppressor is a Sig Sauer SRD 7.62 sealed direct thread.

Re: Suppressor Thread Adapters

Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:32 pm

Can you buy a 1/2-28 mount for the suppressor? Or are you stuck with 5/8-24 and using adapters?

And yes, quality can matter. You never know, of course, maybe you'll get a good one for cheap but you'd hate to find out the hard way. I bought a cheap adapter for my Walther P22 and it wasn't straight; I ended up trashing it and buying a more expensive one, which worked fine.

Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:49 pm

MadPick wrote:Can you buy a 1/2-28 mount for the suppressor? Or are you stuck with 5/8-24 and using adapters?

And yes, quality can matter. You never know, of course, maybe you'll get a good one for cheap but you'd hate to find out the hard way. I bought a cheap adapter for my Walther P22 and it wasn't straight; I ended up trashing it and buying a more expensive one, which worked fine.

The only mounts I've seen available are for the QD model that mounts to a muzzle brake. I'm planning on using this can on a lot of rifles and didn't want to have to buy a $70 QD brake for each one which is why I went with the direct thread model. That may, however, have been a mistake.

(My suppressor noob is showing) :gibbs:

Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:50 pm

here you go mikey...
http://www.thesilencerstore.com/index.p ... ucts_id=61
i have two of their 45 to 9mm adapters and they work great.

Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:55 pm

dj_fatstyles wrote:here you go mikey...
http://www.thesilencerstore.com/index.p ... ucts_id=61
i have two of their 45 to 9mm adapters and they work great.

Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:56 pm

Edit: I read this wrong. I like those linked above...

Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:47 pm

Ah, i see . . . your suppressor has a 5/8-24 threaded mount that's integral to the suppressor body. It can't be unthreaded and replaced with a different mount. Yeah, I'd go with Scotty's recommendation.

sinus211 wrote:I'm planning on using this can on a lot of rifles and didn't want to have to buy a $70 QD brake for each one which is why I went with the direct thread model. That may, however, have been a mistake.

I use direct-thread for almost all of my rifle suppressors for that exact reason. You just need to make sure that you check the tightness of the suppressor periodically . . . and by "periodically" I mean every few shots until you're confident that it's not going anywhere.

Another option (not that it matters now) is to get the QD model. Put the QD brakes on any guns that you want them on. Then you can use an additional QD brake as a threaded mount; just leave it attached to the suppressor, and spin the whole thing on/off a threaded muzzle. This would give you the advantages of QD when you want it, plus the versatility of using it on guns without the QD mount.

Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:19 pm

I believe that's what one might call a "moot point" or "foregone conclusion" at this point. :bigsmile:
Post a reply