Switch to full style
SBR's, AOW's, Suppressors, MG's etc.

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.
Post a reply

Tax stamp question.

Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:31 pm

Hypothetically speaking, if you wanted to by an NFA item from somebody who has it in a trust, could they add and keep you on the trust, and you wouldn't have to pay for another tax stamp?

Re: Tax stamp question.

Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:33 pm

Amendments shall set your free my son. Do your homework and googlefoos. Also consult your lawyer blah blah blah.

Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:42 pm

I am NOT a lawyer, and this is NOT legal advice....

I have heard of people adding others to trusts, giving the new trustee complete power over the trust, then the new trustee modifies the new trust to remove the original trustee.

Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:27 pm

So add cost of new trust to sale, remove other guns from trust, add new head of trust, have yourself removed, and set up a new trust?

That seems stupid easy. But I don't see how it's breaking laws. Interesting.

Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:35 pm

wilmermj wrote:Amendments shall set your free my son. Do your homework and googlefoos. Also consult your lawyer blah blah blah.

I definitely have some homework to do, I thought this would be a good place to start. Thanks for the advice and input.

Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:53 pm

I'm not a lawyer.
But I wouldn't even consider it unless it were a close friend or family member.
Post a reply