Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:25 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Clear walk through of AR15 SA vs FA 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

This is a good explanation of the differences between SA and full auto in an AR15. There are lots out there, but this one worked for me.

https://youtu.be/WtGZBL5BmZE

Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I never understood why people tape over their serial numbers. Like I'm going to see your identity because I have the serial off your lower? Lol

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That was cool, never knew how that worked. Thanks.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That video is bullsh!t. Everyone knows all you need is a full automatic high capacity banana-clip and any gun will shoot 900 rounds per second.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:30 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

That was outstanding. :thumbsup2:

I learned something today!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
That video is bullsh!t. Everyone knows all you need is a full automatic high capacity banana-clip and any gun will shoot 900 rounds per second.

I have a full auto BCG? icon_eek

Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, at least mechanically I Now understand how to do it the right way. Brilliant post.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PW45 wrote:
I never understood why people tape over their serial numbers. Like I'm going to see your identity because I have the serial off your lower? Lol

if someone looks up the serial number and finds its not in the database he goes to jail

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ops wrote:
PW45 wrote:

if someone looks up the serial number and finds its not in the database he goes to jail

Or someone puts the serial number on an 80 lower and uses it to kill someone and leaves the gun behind. Or the picture “matches a description” of a firearm used for a murder and they can trace back that serial number to the person and get warrants to search the house.

There’s a lot of different things that can happen if someone has the serial number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fascinating video. I’ve always wondered how it works. Now, we need one of these for 3 round burst...

Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MyNameIs940 wrote:
Ops wrote:
PW45 wrote:

Or someone puts the serial number on an 80 lower and uses it to kill someone and leaves the gun behind. Or the picture “matches a description” of a firearm used for a murder and they can trace back that serial number to the person and get warrants to search the house.

There’s a lot of different things that can happen if someone has the serial number.

Keep that up and you’re both gonna get recruited to SpaceX.

Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This would have helped me a couple of years ago when I was trying to explain how it was not so easy to convert a semi auto to a full auto to a bunch of Canadians.

We were discussing guns at a cocktail party and they were under the impression (due to leftist propaganda) that a file and screwdriver were all that was required to make a gun full auto.

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:08 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

some say remove the disconnector

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ops wrote:
some say remove the disconnector

I can tell you from first-hand experience that removing the disconnector will cause your AR to fire more than 1 round per trigger pull, but the trigger will fail to reset after 2 or 3 rounds. So while ATF would probably consider that technically a machine gun, it's a pretty crappy one.

My uncle bought a used AR before 594 and didn't check it out first (wouldn't have even known what to look for). Turns out the seller gave him a complete rifle minus a disconnector. First time we took it out to the range, it fired bursts and then wouldn't work. Didn't take long for me to realize the disconnector was missing. The BCG beat up the hammer pretty good, too.

Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]