Switch to full style
SBR's, AOW's, Suppressors, MG's etc.

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.
Post a reply

Clear walk through of AR15 SA vs FA

Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:49 am

This is a good explanation of the differences between SA and full auto in an AR15. There are lots out there, but this one worked for me.

https://youtu.be/WtGZBL5BmZE

Re: Clear walk through of AR15 SA vs FA

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:26 am

I never understood why people tape over their serial numbers. Like I'm going to see your identity because I have the serial off your lower? Lol

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:07 pm

That was cool, never knew how that worked. Thanks.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:30 pm

That video is bullsh!t. Everyone knows all you need is a full automatic high capacity banana-clip and any gun will shoot 900 rounds per second.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:39 pm

That was outstanding. :thumbsup2:

I learned something today!

Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:33 pm

jukk0u wrote:That video is bullsh!t. Everyone knows all you need is a full automatic high capacity banana-clip and any gun will shoot 900 rounds per second.

I have a full auto BCG? icon_eek

Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:15 pm

Well, at least mechanically I Now understand how to do it the right way. Brilliant post.

Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:33 am

PW45 wrote:I never understood why people tape over their serial numbers. Like I'm going to see your identity because I have the serial off your lower? Lol

if someone looks up the serial number and finds its not in the database he goes to jail

Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:53 am

Ops wrote:
PW45 wrote:I never understood why people tape over their serial numbers. Like I'm going to see your identity because I have the serial off your lower? Lol

if someone looks up the serial number and finds its not in the database he goes to jail

Or someone puts the serial number on an 80 lower and uses it to kill someone and leaves the gun behind. Or the picture “matches a description” of a firearm used for a murder and they can trace back that serial number to the person and get warrants to search the house.

There’s a lot of different things that can happen if someone has the serial number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:32 am

Fascinating video. I’ve always wondered how it works. Now, we need one of these for 3 round burst...

Clear walk through of AR15 SA vs FA

Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:33 am

MyNameIs940 wrote:
Ops wrote:

Or someone puts the serial number on an 80 lower and uses it to kill someone and leaves the gun behind. Or the picture “matches a description” of a firearm used for a murder and they can trace back that serial number to the person and get warrants to search the house.

There’s a lot of different things that can happen if someone has the serial number.

Keep that up and you’re both gonna get recruited to SpaceX.

Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:08 pm

This would have helped me a couple of years ago when I was trying to explain how it was not so easy to convert a semi auto to a full auto to a bunch of Canadians.

We were discussing guns at a cocktail party and they were under the impression (due to leftist propaganda) that a file and screwdriver were all that was required to make a gun full auto.

Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:15 pm

some say remove the disconnector

Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:25 am

Ops wrote:some say remove the disconnector

I can tell you from first-hand experience that removing the disconnector will cause your AR to fire more than 1 round per trigger pull, but the trigger will fail to reset after 2 or 3 rounds. So while ATF would probably consider that technically a machine gun, it's a pretty crappy one.

My uncle bought a used AR before 594 and didn't check it out first (wouldn't have even known what to look for). Turns out the seller gave him a complete rifle minus a disconnector. First time we took it out to the range, it fired bursts and then wouldn't work. Didn't take long for me to realize the disconnector was missing. The BCG beat up the hammer pretty good, too.
Post a reply