Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:01 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 SilencerShop S.I.D. Kiosk 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

First time using a SilencerShop S.I.D. Kiosk and it was too easy. Downloaded the SilencerShop Apple IOS app and used it to take a passport photo and answered the security questions. I then used the app to locate the nearest S.I.D. Kiosk and proceeded to make my way there. Walked up to it and scanned the QR Code sent to me in an email after my purchase. Followed the instructions on how to digitally scan my fingerprints. Needed a few tries to get a good finger print scan but I figured it out; don't press too hard but lightly press and roll. All in all the process to 15-minutes and the online instructions were easy to follow.

For those of you who are waiting or feel the process is too cumbersome, buy a silencer through SilencerShop and use the S.I.D. Kiosk.

BTW - Try to use the Kiosk where you have your silencer delivered to as some dealers may charge you to use the kiosk. ie. West Coast Armory has a kiosk and they told me it would cost me $35 to use it and according to SilencerShop's FAQ, they are in the right to do so.

Quote:
"That doesn't mean you can't use a dealer without a kiosk; although, you should keep in mind that some dealers might charge a minimal fee if you’re using the kiosk at their location for a transfer to another dealer."

Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

i see you're located in snohomish, where did you go? also, will the kisoks work for trusts or just for individual applications?

Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:30 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

The kiosk works for trusts too. You submit your trust via email.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Closest kiosk to me is West Coast Armory in Bellevue.

Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:03 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Our Kiosk has been an absolute HIT since people found out about it. Individuals, trust, corp/llc, you name it and it'll do it.

That's why we've had so many suppressor sales lately, because it's SO easy with it, customers are ordering tons of them if we don't have them in stock.

P: (360) 972-2955

Certified Cerakote Applicator
Custom Firearm builds
Firearm Sales/Special Orders
Ammo/parts Sales

Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:14 pm

Mike_P wrote:
Our Kiosk has been an absolute HIT since people found out about it. Individuals, trust, corp/llc, you name it and it'll do it.

That's why we've had so many suppressor sales lately, because it's SO easy with it, customers are ordering tons of them if we don't have them in stock.

Can someone use your kiosk to form 1 an SBR?

Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kick start my heart wrote:
Mike_P wrote:

Can someone use your kiosk to form 1 an SBR?

not likely. silencershop used to have their easy form 1 service to work with trusts that are purchased through them, but something happened and they had to edit their form 1 which has not been approved by the atf, is what i think i heard when i called them about their form 1.
if you really want to form 1 and have a trust or want to do it individual, there's a really well explained video on youtube that will help you go through the form and you can do it electronically with the atf directly.

Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BlDtyLry wrote:
Closest kiosk to me is West Coast Armory in Bellevue.

Depending on where u live , the kiosk at pacific armament company in north marysville probably was closer. I seen it in there doing a transfer a month or so ago..good little shop with lots of stuff.....anyways..carry on and wait. :bigsmile:

https://www.pacarm.co/

Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Spectyr Industries in Monroe is now a Kiosk dealer as well.

Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]