Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:04 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 nrl22 

Has anyone on here gone to any of these matches? I finally have a job with weekends off that allows me to enjoy my hobbies and looking to try out the nrl22 matches. I seen that Renton F&G and Interlake Sporting Association hosts these events.

Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Never shot but since I looked it up. Here is some clarification for those reading this thread.

“Short Range Precision Rimfire (SRPR at RFGC) is a monthly match held at the Renton Fish and Game Club. It is part of the NRL22 National Club Match program, so you get to shoot locally, but compete nationwide.

Whether you are a beginner or an expert, SRPR at RFGC is where you can hone your marksmanship skills, demonstrate your abilities, and share information and experience with your fellow riflemen. SRPR at RFGC is not just shooting paper targets from the bench. We will be shooting targets from all positions, and from various types of barricades.

Stages are designed so different setups will excel in different stages. Your individual skill and familiarity with your rifle will be your best assets. Stages consist of a variety of shooting positions and reactive targets ranging from 50 to 100 yards for the official NRL22 stages. We also offer a couple bonus stages which can be out to 200 yards.

Required equipment:

Rifle chambered in .22LR, any action type (no .17HMR/HM2 or .22WMR at this time)
At least two magazines for your rifle, preferably at least 10 rounds each (Each stage is usually 10 rounds and is time limited. Magazines smaller than 10 rounds can be used but will be a disadvantage.)h
100 rounds of ammunition
Recommended equipment:

Shooting sling for your rifle
Shooting mat
Spotting scope (these will be shared, 2 or 3 per match is plenty)
Any other relevant equipment (bipods, bags, etc.) Our shooters are good about sharing their equipment, especially with newer competitors.
General recommendations:

Use a magnified optic
Use ammunition that your rifle likes
Know your elevation settings or holdovers for 50, 100, and 200 yards. Assistance in learning what your rifle does at each distance (known as developing your curve) is available.”

https://www.rfgc.org/events/eventsRimfire.php

Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:26 pm

I have shot at Renton, lots of fun and challenging along with a good group of people... go for it.

Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:34 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

We have NRL22 at SVRC. It is about 30% youth. Greatnway to get into PRC type shooting.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:17 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]