Switch to full style
USPSA / IDPA / SOTM / 3-Gun etc
Post a reply

2019 Walther Arms IDPA WA State Match

Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:42 pm

Didn't do as well as hoped, but still had fun. When I got home, I checked my rear sight and found it slightly shifted right, pulling all my distance shot left.

Finished 72/160 and 9th for my division (CCP/EX)

Here's my video... enjoy!

https://youtu.be/OIT6EhasSPg

Re: 2019 Walther Arms IDPA WA State Match

Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:34 pm

Looks very different from Renton. How'd you like it?

Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:05 pm

I've been missing out on so much fun.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:44 am

Dammit . . . I was REALLY hoping for that first stage to start out with blowing away the three guys at the table. :ROFLMAO:

Looks like fun, Jim! I liked the in-the-dark stage, that's different and interesting.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:46 pm

Definitely different than the state matches at Renton. More thinking, less circus. Both have their place though. Marty down there much prefers real world type stages using actual tactics and designs stages to limit "gaming" the match.

The low light stages were my favorite. It looks a bit darker in the video, but you could actually just make out the targets and I have night sights. You can see the night sights glowing if you look. We had the choice to use a flashlight, but most of us didn't.

Just wish FAS wasn't so far and that they didn't move it to the second Saturday in August as opposed to the 3rd because that's always my wedding anniversary. I've got a great wife though who supports my fun. We just hit 21 years married, so I think I'll keep her around.

I also won a year membership to the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network on the prize table, so that pretty much paid for my match fee. Win win!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:46 pm

jim1019 wrote:Definitely different than the state matches at Renton. More thinking, less circus. Both have their place though. Marty down there much prefers real world type stages using actual tactics and designs stages to limit "gaming" the match.

The low light stages were my favorite. It looks a bit darker in the video, but you could actually just make out the targets and I have night sights. You can see the night sights glowing if you look. We had the choice to use a flashlight, but most of us didn't.

Just wish FAS wasn't so far and that they didn't move it to the second Saturday in August as opposed to the 3rd because that's always my wedding anniversary. I've got a great wife though who supports my fun. We just hit 21 years married, so I think I'll keep her around.

I also won a year membership to the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network on the prize table, so that pretty much paid for my match fee. Win win!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

best get used to it being anywhere other than Renton unless someone steps up and want to do it. its a lot of work to put on the match. FAS makes good money putting it on.
Post a reply