Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:33 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 My PewPew Life 

I had so many mikes yesterday! A mike on every stage, but one, lol. Here's the one that was mike-free! Placed 7th of 22 for the match with 66.86% of the Production GM overall winner.

(1) Stage 2, were no penalty mikes on a fixed time classifier. I botched my reload on a 5 second par time (was 3 targets - one shot each, reload, 1 shot each). Still scored 67% though. (2) One of the mikes was from coming into a lean and shooting before my sights settled. #patience (3) Another mike was my second 35 yard shot on my first target... must have not been watching that second shot and pulled it a little low. #triggercontrol! #aimharder (4) Another was when I was taking my last shot in a position and started to look at my next position before I was done firing. #follow-through #patience #calm.your.face.down. (5) And another was my last shot on a stage, I KNEW I pulled the shot low, then I started to bring THOUGHT into the equation and second-guessed myself in that it wasn't THAT low and didn't take the pick up shot (that I knew I should have... ) I should NOT have ignored my instinct. #justdoit #threeisbetterthanone

I will avoid all these mistakes next time lol

http://www.youtube.com/chewycow

Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:42 pm
Profile WWW

Here's my entire mike-laden, double-seeking match from Sunday :reaction:

Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:29 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

In Stage 4 it kind of looked like all those targets were surrendering as you mowed them down. icon_eek

Nice shooting!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:53 am

Shot an IDPA match USPSA style last night. I missed my ferry, and really felt like shooting, so took another one to a different match that started later. Realized in the ferry line that it was IDPA and I only had my "gamer gear" with me! I was able to shoot for fun and see my scores in the end before being deleted from the match.

I realize my time may have been better utilized dryfiring for an hour, rather than traveling 2 1/2 hours there and almost 2 hours back to shoot 45 rounds, but.... I really felt like shooting ;)

Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:36 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good shooting. That's pretty cool that you were able to shoot the match just for fun.

I heard that you lost your fiber optic. What kind of sights do you have?

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:50 pm

MadPick wrote:
Good shooting. That's pretty cool that you were able to shoot the match just for fun.

I heard that you lost your fiber optic. What kind of sights do you have?

Dawson Precision with adjustable rear. I'm always knocking the fiber out somehow. This one had gotten loose awhile back and I must have bumped it on my holster or something. I've replaced the fiber about 5 times the last 9 months lol. In the summer, I just used it without for about a month.

https://www.facebook.com/aimhardr/posts/818177181638808

Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:46 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow! I know you use the gun a lot . . . but that really sounds excessive. Is there anything that you can do with some silicone sealant, or Super Glue, or something like that?

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:32 pm

MadPick wrote:
Wow! I know you use the gun a lot . . . but that really sounds excessive. Is there anything that you can do with some silicone sealant, or Super Glue, or something like that?

They are not pre-cut or anything, I cut them to fit and melt the ends and it fits nice and tight, if I do it right ;) Someone I shoot with mentioned one of the times was because I whacked it on a barricade and broke it. Another time I broke it off while I was dryfiring at a safety table, probably when I snatched it out of my holster. Another time it had gotten a little loose and I saw it jiggle out right in the middle of a stage. And a few other times I just noticed it while shooting half way through a match, losing it I'm guessing, in the stage before and not even noticing. I don't know what I'm doing! lol Maybe I'm not melting it enough. Or I'm just too rough with my gun.

Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:27 pm
Profile WWW

Shot a 3 stage action pistol evening match, got 2 of them on video. They were alright except for the mikes and the malf. ;)

Stage 1: (Not on video) I totally called the mike on the first stage, but.... didn't translate into a makeup shot. :/

Stage 2: Second stage was going well until my LAST target. I either pulled the shot, or just wasn't looking at my front sight, yet again! My unloaded start could have been better. I am super happy, though, that I paid attention to my last steel before moving on. Usually I turn and look to where I am going before I am done actually shooting the target, miss it, and have to pick it up. This time I followed through before moving on. :)

Stage 3: And the last stage, after shooting the 6th shot on the first target, my casing stovepiped, and I think the next round didn't chamber properly or something. So moving to the next position and going for a reload, I noticed it in my peripheral, cleared it and moved on. Took a while and added almost five seconds :( Need some live fire practice for some Bill Drills. Still have hardly shot more than the usual two on a target. So choppy. I think I could shoot faster, if I knew I could. I'm conservative in a match because I don't know what my limits are. Reloads are getting a little better, little smoother. I'm making it into the magwell haha.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:06 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Interesting. It seemed like your shots at the steel targets were slower and more deliberate, and then when you got to the paper targets you just opened up and started blasting.

Is that really the way it happened? Is there a good reason for that?

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:49 pm

MadPick wrote:
Interesting. It seemed like your shots at the steel targets were slower and more deliberate, and then when you got to the paper targets you just opened up and started blasting.

Is that really the way it happened? Is there a good reason for that?

Well, I was focused and aiming in the first two positions ;) Then I get all anxious toward the end and rush it, which always ends with me making a mistake! I'm working on that this year. Also, I probably felt I was close enough I couldn't miss lol. Usually, I start rushing on the last target of an array before I move positions, but in dryfire I have been concentrating on following through on a target before I move on to my next one, and on that stage I made sure I actually shot the target before moving on, which went well with going one-for-one on everything.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:14 pm
Profile WWW

Wasn't terrible... but it wasn't good.... but it was fun :)

Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:11 am
Profile WWW

I usually don't just cut and paste from my range diary on enos, but I'm a few matches behind! I went to Berry's Steel Open in St. George, Utah a few weeks ago.... FUN! It was 18 stages of steel awesomeness, which I will make a video for later. Had NONE of the previous malfunction that I had been having. Note to self: TAPING the basepad meant for a dimpled spring because you're running with a square spring is not good enough to run with in a stage! :P You will see the butchering of this stage in my video later.

#pewpewing
Shot a USPSA match on Sunday, which was - inconsistent - I'm kind of in a funk, I think, which I will get out of! I had fun, but was also frustrated on a few of the stages (only 4 out the 7 of 'em.... lol) and was super down on myself for sucking. Need to move past that, and let go of the previous stage - bad or good - and focus on the stage at hand, shooting it to the best of my ability. So many mental errors.
#practice
Concentrating this month on gripping tighter with my support hand in dryfire. It has not become habit, yet - in dryfire OR livefire. I shot a stage last night and made sure to grip hard with my support hand and.... it. felt. awesome. All alphas. I ended up 7th overall on that stage of 34 shooters and 78.85% of the Open Master who won that stage. More of that.

Stage 1: decent, but could have been better. Especially on steel
Stage 2: Pretty good except for the trigger freeze and slow reload
Stage 3: A good stage, messed up on my reload though and had some trigger issues and pulled a delta
Stage 4: Bleh... Should have hit the left target again - and on the right - if two of my hits would have just been a cm to the left - would have been perfect. At least I didn't zero the stage :P
Stage 5: My trigger control has been BAD. Thinking about going to a trigger with some travel so I can break my bad habit of slapping the trigger. This stage was terrible, with 2 no shoots. The second one was from a really bad, loose group.
Stage 6: Finally a good stage! I didn't make any huge mistakes and scored well.
Stage 7: UGH. More terrible trigger control. More loose gripping.

Lesson: Ugh... All the things.

Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:42 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

LOL, I like the commentary! "Oooooooh." "Oh crap...."

:ROFLMAO:

Fun to watch, as always.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:18 pm

MadPick wrote:
LOL, I like the commentary! "Oooooooh." "Oh crap...."

:ROFLMAO:

Fun to watch, as always.

Hehe, thanks! I was talking with someone at a match awhile back that I should stop talking/screaming/laughing while I was shooting, because maybe it was slowing me down - and they joked with me that I shouldn't get better because they'd miss watching all my mistakes. lol

Mon May 02, 2016 10:46 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next