Switch to full style
USPSA / IDPA / SOTM / 3-Gun etc
Post a reply

2018 Men's Health Charity Match @ Renton

Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:43 pm

Re: 2018 Men's Health Charity Match @ Renton

Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:00 pm

you just bypassed the second wiggly bridge?
were the 6 DQs on the same stage? stage 5 opening the door?
Last edited by quantsuff on Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:01 pm

I really enjoyed this match minus my gun problems. Good shooting all around for a good cause. That was an interesting way to finish stage 3. Were you just trying to avoid eating time in the same position?

Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:47 pm

Yukonjon wrote:I really enjoyed this match minus my gun problems. Good shooting all around for a good cause. That was an interesting way to finish stage 3. Were you just trying to avoid eating time in the same position?

yeah I was. not very sure if it's worth it.

quantsuff wrote:you just bypassed the second wiggly bridge?

wow were there that many DQs on the stage?

Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:36 am

That looked like a fun match! Especially Stage 3, lotsa steel. thumbsup

Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:00 am

robot wrote:
Yukonjon wrote:I really enjoyed this match minus my gun problems. Good shooting all around for a good cause. That was an interesting way to finish stage 3. Were you just trying to avoid eating time in the same position?

I don't think they were all on that stage. i heard that one was an ad during show clear.

Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:50 pm

Duke EB wrote:
robot wrote:

I don't think they were all on that stage. i heard that one was an ad during show clear.

bet I know who that was? How many DQs in a season before a local shooter gets a safety time out?

Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:53 pm

My squad lost two shooters on the door stage but not to the door. One to over running targets on the right and the other to a guy who missed the left targets and turned to look at them at the end of the stage and took his gun with his eyes.

Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:17 pm

Bkcorwin wrote:My squad lost two shooters on the door stage but not to the door. One to over running targets on the right and the other to a guy who missed the left targets and turned to look at them at the end of the stage and took his gun with his eyes.

thanks for the follow up!

Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:25 pm

Bkcorwin wrote:My squad lost two shooters on the door stage but not to the door. One to over running targets on the right and the other to a guy who missed the left targets and turned to look at them at the end of the stage and took his gun with his eyes.

That was a fun stage but also a bit awkward. We had one guy that shot the steel after passing through the door and got a DQ. I had a hard time deciding where I wanted to reload without losing time. I could see how someone could overrun the far left targets though.

Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:28 pm

Yeah it was a bit of an odd stage. The swinger was effectively not in play because everyone I saw just shot the head from the end of the stage.

Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:32 pm

best thing/worst thing about this match is that they do not have to follow USPSA stage guidelines, so you can get tons of steel, *and* stages that challenge "normal" competitor expectations.

Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:45 pm

Great match. Glad stage 8 was pulled because I did that so poorly!

I didn't see the big deal with the door stage...

Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:12 am

PinSniper wrote:Great match. Glad stage 8 was pulled because I did that so poorly!

I didn't see the big deal with the door stage...

haha me too! Second string all freestyle for me. 8 procedurals and a noshoot :bigsmile:

Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:13 pm

Like a noob I shoot everything by the book standing on the wobbly bridge cause I went first. Learn a lot about uspsa shooters gamer mentality. Especially stage 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post a reply