Switch to full style
USPSA / IDPA / SOTM / 3-Gun etc
Post a reply

Renton January IDPA Club Match

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:51 pm

Went to my first match at Renton in a LOOOONG time. Forgot how great they are! It's a bit far for me (but it's really more about the traffic) but I'm going to attend more there this year.

I'm shooting my new M&P 2.0 Compact with the intent to shoot CCP in the state match in August. For now, I'm shooting it as SSP until I'm used to it, then I'll do the 8rd loads for CCP and figure that all out. I need to get more 15rd magazines also. Anybody know of a good source for the new 2.0C 15rd mags? I usually get a good price from Botach Tactical ($25ea), but I don't see these listed on their site.

Anyway, here's my video from the match, not as well produced as robot's vids, but I'm learning. I also forgot to turn my camera on for the last stage, so I hope y'all appreciate the humor I put in there. That last stage was a fun one too, involving the Buzz Lightyear "baby" and some dirty diapers!

Enjoy-

Re: Renton January IDPA Club Match

Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:14 pm

Good stuff.

Mags: https://www.brownells.com/magazines/handgun-magazines/magazines/m-p-m2-0-compact-magazine-9mm-prod110310.aspx

Unless there's a reason that you have to, you don't have to crowd the cover, and think about not sticking your pistol out past your cover.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:36 pm

I hear what you're saying about cover, good point. And it's easier now with the fault likes to stay back further. I always hated subjective cover calls.

One of the reasons I take the video is to learn what I could do better next time, so thanks for pointing it out.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:42 pm

Looks like fun! And I love the opening rating screen. :bigsmile:

Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:43 pm

Oh, and I liked the Naked Gun Stage 7. thumbsup

Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:32 pm

Looks great!! you were safe the whole time too which is good. Nice popper shooting on the move.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:14 am

MadPick wrote:Oh, and I liked the Naked Gun Stage 7. thumbsup

I tend to shoot better with that gun... more years of practice I guess! :ROFLMAO:

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:50 am

robot wrote:Looks great!! you were safe the whole time too which is good. Nice popper shooting on the move.

Thanks Loke. Most were shooting those stationary, but I just channeled my inner John Wick and went for it. LOL

What do you use for your editing? Right now I'm using a free editor called Open Shot. It's decent, but I know there's better. I can't use the GoPro Studio because they don't support or supply any software for any Windows but 10 and I'm using 7.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:15 pm

jim1019 wrote:
robot wrote:Looks great!! you were safe the whole time too which is good. Nice popper shooting on the move.

Thanks Loke. Most were shooting those stationary, but I just channeled my inner John Wick and went for it. LOL

What do you use for your editing? Right now I'm using a free editor called Open Shot. It's decent, but I know there's better. I can't use the GoPro Studio because they don't support or supply any software for any Windows but 10 and I'm using 7.

OpenShot looks interesting. It looks like it does layers and titling which is 80-90% of what you need. I went for it and invested in Adobe Premiere Pro a while back so I'm used to that now. Some shooters I know use Sony Vegas and humble bundle had a deal once for like $30?

Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:12 pm

I shot this match too! First time out at IDPA, overall it was pretty fun I think. Looking forward to going next month.

Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:16 am

What squad were you on SixPointEight?

Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:26 pm

I asked to be placed with experienced shooters and got put on squad number one

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:53 pm

Cool. I had 2 new shooters in squad 6, so I was just wondering if you were one of them.

Hope you had fun and learned some stuff from the experienced guys.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk
Post a reply