Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Sultan Basin Status 

Anyone been up to Sultan basin recently? Hows the weather and the condition of the pits?

Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:09 pm

Bad. Big mess as expected.

Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Must be time for another clean up

Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:48 pm

Hi All,

I'm trying to wrap my head around the language that Snoho Co. has in their county code for not shooting areas.

https://snohomish.county.codes/SCC/10.12.010

Paragraphs 53, 56, & 61 talk about areas along Sultan Basin Rd. It's been over a year since I was last up there and we managed to find a spot without getting bothered by any agents of the state but to me, this language seems to lead me to believe pretty much the entirety of SBR is now "no-shooting". Has anyone been up there recently and had any interactions with an official that were OK with rec. shooting? I know their planning a shooting park up there for 2024 so that may explain the squeeze on dispersed self-enforced shooting along that road.

I'm familiar with the spots up there where you need to walk through a brushy foot path that has parking on the side of the road, and a few questionable spots past the concrete bridge over Olney Creek. I know the big pit was once a shooting spot but then logging took over and it got shut down.

Any info ya'll might have for this area would be appreciated. I wanted to take a couple friends up there but I fear it may be a bust.

Thanks!

Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

HighDrag__LowSpeed wrote:
Hi All,

I'm trying to wrap my head around the language that Snoho Co. has in their county code for not shooting areas.

https://snohomish.county.codes/SCC/10.12.010

Paragraphs 53, 56, & 61 talk about areas along Sultan Basin Rd. It's been over a year since I was last up there and we managed to find a spot without getting bothered by any agents of the state but to me, this language seems to lead me to believe pretty much the entirety of SBR is now "no-shooting". Has anyone been up there recently and had any interactions with an official that were OK with rec. shooting? I know their planning a shooting park up there for 2024 so that may explain the squeeze on dispersed self-enforced shooting along that road.

I'm familiar with the spots up there where you need to walk through a brushy foot path that has parking on the side of the road, and a few questionable spots past the concrete bridge over Olney Creek. I know the big pit was once a shooting spot but then logging took over and it got shut down.

Any info ya'll might have for this area would be appreciated. I wanted to take a couple friends up there but I fear it may be a bust.

Thanks!

The no shooting zone map might be easier to reason about than the textual list

https://snohomishcountywa.gov/DocumentCenter/View/265

Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:23 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

HighDrag__LowSpeed wrote:
Hi All...

Welcome, Colin! :wavey:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:25 pm

I'm busy tomorrow otherwise I'd say let's do it then, but is anyone interested in a group cleanup and shooting day out in the basin next weekend? Forecast is only 30% chance of rain and Sunday might be sunny!

I'll bring out some steel targets, big trash bags and some snacks if we have some interest. I need to get some wiggles out before the weather really turns here.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DBG wrote:
I'm busy tomorrow otherwise I'd say let's do it then, but is anyone interested in a group cleanup and shooting day out in the basin next weekend? Forecast is only 30% chance of rain and Sunday might be sunny!

I'll bring out some steel targets, big trash bags and some snacks if we have some interest. I need to get some wiggles out before the weather really turns here.

I might be down, i have some homebuilds to test, i probably wont be there too long. You are talking about the main shooting spot right?

Did i scare everyone off? How about if i dont go? Then will everyone else volunteer for it?

Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:26 pm

I was reading through this thread and thought I'll do a Google Map for Sultan Basin, what I found on the map was "Lake Bronson Club Nudist Park" instead of a shooting area. hahhah. :ROFLMAO:

Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bigbearbear wrote:
I was reading through this thread and thought I'll do a Google Map for Sultan Basin, what I found on the map was "Lake Bronson Club Nudist Park" instead of a shooting area. hahhah. :ROFLMAO:

Yup that's a thing, most people shoot at 47.92094855247276, -121.75376289030605 also i have friends that were ticketed for not having a discover pass

Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:19 pm

I drove out by here today to see if it was still open and I forgot my ears. There were people shooting so I didn’t want to walk down the trail. Anyone know how far out this goes? I want to sight in a few rifles and test out a rifle build I completed.

Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:00 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

SilentOct wrote:
I drove out by here today to see if it was still open and I forgot my ears. There were people shooting so I didn’t want to walk down the trail. Anyone know how far out this goes? I want to sight in a few rifles and test out a rifle build I completed.

Welcome to the forum, Cal! :wavey:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SilentOct wrote:

Pretty close to 100 yards, you can see the berm to the south on google maps if you put in the coordinates i posted

Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:43 pm

shaggy wrote:

Pretty close to 100 yards, you can see the berm to the south on google maps if you put in the coordinates i posted

Oh ok cool should work perfect. Wife got a new 17hmr for Christmas too and that’s plenty long. Hoping to find a time when it’s pretty slow. Trying to team my youngster the basics as well.

Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Used to be some gongs on the hill up in the trees to the right of the shooting lane. Maybe 200 yds

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next