Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Darrington 435th Ave pit clean up August 20th 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was thinking about organizing another pit clean up at the 435th Ave pit in Darrington on August 20th.

The double pit isn't to bad of shape trash wise but could use a complete clean up.
With six to eight guys we could probably have both pits cleaned in about three hours.
If I can get atleast six commitments I will contact the DNR manager and get it set up to shut the pit down during this clean up.

I will sell some brass to cover the dumping fee and buy food and refreshments.

A big thank you to every one who helped out on the past pit clean ups. With out your generous help it would not be possible.
Pat & Mason

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In

Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:08 pm

I’m down.

Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you both for stepping up on the clean up.
Pat

Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We’re gonna have to see how we feel once we get back from our four day camping trip to Riffe lake. Yeah, fishin is hard on us old folks. I am hoping we can make it again this year. Hopefully it won’t rain. Lol I’ll be in touch.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't count me in, but I could tie in a trip visiting a school buddy that's not too far away, dozen miles past Bechers old farm.
I'm marking it down, will see how work and fire deployment units are doing.

Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This will be a fun event, I will be posting more information as it develops.
I will be contacting the DNR District Manager tomorrow and get that part squared away.
Bill Cogly (Trash No lands) will not be able to attend this clean up event he has prior commitments.

Like last year I will be camping along the stillaquamish River on Friday night (8-19) prior to the Saturday clean up 8-20)
Any one interested in camping out or stopping up to socialize are welcome..

The spot we camp at is a very comfortable place right along the river a half a mile below the shooting pit.

Caveman if you could make it that would be great..I just put that grill I bought last year together a week ago and have a full tank of propane for it..
I'm thinking of organizing a pit clean up for the two pits we cleaned up last year on the Suiattle River Road in September.
I'll work on that after this one gets done.

Pat

Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sounds like a plan Pat, I will be in touch.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The pit clean up is going together good.

Someone vandalized the gate by the electric sub station. So it has been open for about a month.

We will have a ten foot dump trailer to haul the trash.

I talked with the District Manager from the DNR. If the county fixes the gatthe DNR will put a combination lock on it for the clean up so it will be open on the 20th so cars can make it in.

The DNR will be closing the pit down on August 20th from 8am until noon.

I sold some brass and we have a donation to help coverthe dump fee.

All of the wood debris we will place in the center of the pit and burn it if there isn't a burn ban in effect.
The DNR manager said it doesn't loon like the burn ban will be in effect by the 20th.
I will contact the Darrington fire department and let them know we may be burning some trash and see if they want to be present.

We will have the ten foot dump trailer to haul the trash to the Arlington transfer station.

At the camp spot along the river there are two junk cars abandoned there.
I got a tandem axle car trailer lined up to Haut them to the scrap yard if I can locate some one with a large back hoe to load the both of them up. I will go through and get the legal paper work done to take them to the scrap yard.

I will be camping there on Friday night with my grandson if any one else want to camp there.

I am putting a list together of volunteers for the event and a list of donors and people who are buying brass for the dump fees.

Pat

Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have the event posted to the Trash No Land's website, on the Events page: https://www.trashnoland.org/darrington-wa-pit-cleanup-aug-20th-2022/

It's also on the TNL FB page if anyone wants to share from there: [url]https://www.facebook.com/trashnoland/posts/pfbid0abjnV38cX7jdMJ5wmnxyvFm92tUgiX4Se3FRBphwgzWpkyyqKiAuPExsHho7E31Wl?__cft__[0]=AZUL4TITNlYx7op1iHItNrNKGwpT2dU_IaOhb_qKHuFVrc2c2j77sAxka5-0LccBHnzuXlxEPekb8piAmzctLW1P-VzZA6B9nBoEK0dwkDPGyRqt1vgYtWzckatI5LPjir_VR7MOHqabj52QV23ymYiOKQAg8j-MqWbu-0XkVNICdQ&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R[/url]

From the FB page, so far we've had 16 shares. A few if those were; Twin City Sportsman's Club, Washington 2022 Legislative Action Group, Wa State Sportsman Unite for Change, Washington State Hunting, Washingtonians for Wildlife Conservation and a few individual shares. This is great exposure!!!

Although I can't be there, I'm going to reimburse Pat for trash disposal. (Well, not me, but the Trash No Land organization will.) If anyone wants to help further, perhaps he could use some cash for the food purchase!

Thanks for putting this together, Pat!

Bill

Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Everything is shaping up for the 435th Ave shooting pit this Saturday, August 20th.
I talked with the DNR today and they will have a combination lock on the gate by the electric substation so we can open the gates for the clean up instead of going in the back way.

I will be picking up a 14 foot dump trailer Wednesday evening for hauling the trash to the Arlington transfer station.
I will be picking up the food & beverages Friday evening for the BBQ.
I will also be picking up three cases of clay pigeons for you guys interested in shooting a little trap shooting.
I will also have two target stands and paper targets for you guy to shoot.
I will be sending out PMs to everyone who responded on helping out as a reminder.
If any one else would like to help out or if you need directions please send me a PM.

THANK YOU, Pat

Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Picked up the dump trailer last night and ran it up to Darrington for the clean up on Saturday.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I made another paper target stand for after the pit clean up. I'll pair paper target for you guys to shoot at.

Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That’s awesome Pat. :wagwoot:
We got back from the lake today, almost 100* when we pulled into home. icon_eek
I’m sorry but gonna need more than a days rest so I cannot commit to being up there.
Tell Mason hello.

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The pit clean up went great yesterday, six guys showed up for the clean up. We got the lower pit totally cleaned up yesterday. We did not get to the upper pit yesterday so I'll set up another clean up for that part of the pit.
We filled the 14 foot trailer up and we threw all of the steel in to the back of the pick up so I can toss it in to the steel recycle area.
We piled up all of the wood so we can burn it when they lift the burn ban.
After the clean up my friend Bill cooked the hotdogs & burgers. We had potato salad & chips. I picked up twelve packs of coke, sprite, pepsi & mountain dew and a case of budweiser.
After the BBQ weset up and did some shooting a couple of hours.

I need to get a ride up to Darrington to get the truck & trailer this afternoon.
I'll probably go dump it tomorrow or Tuesday.
Thank you to every one who showed up for the clean up, with out your help the clean up would not of been possible.
This is the cleanest the lower pit has ever been.
Pat & Mason

Last edited by DoveRelease on Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next