Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:23 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 ("eastside" May 6th) Sultan Basin RD Shooting and Cleanup 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In for a Sunday

Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:12 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to WaGuns, Blaine! :wavey:

matt_brownies, based on my experience with previous DNR cleanups can I suggest:

1) Ask the DNR to provide garbage bags (already done)
2) Ask the DNR to provide temporary Discover passes, or tell us that we won't need Discover passes, for the duration of the cleanup and for the shooting that we will do afterwards.

I emphasize that last part because during our last cleanup the DNR looked the other way while we were cleaning up, but told us that we needed to have Discover passes for the shooting we did afterwards. Ultimately they looked the other way and didn't enforce it, but it was a bit irksome so I'd suggest coordinating that up front.

I think it's reasonable for them to give us temporary Discover passes so we're legal for the day.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:18 pm

MadPick wrote:
Welcome to WaGuns, Blaine! :wavey:

matt_brownies, based on my experience with previous DNR cleanups can I suggest:

1) Ask the DNR to provide garbage bags (already done)
2) Ask the DNR to provide temporary Discover passes, or tell us that we won't need Discover passes, for the duration of the cleanup and for the shooting that we will do afterwards.

I emphasize that last part because during our last cleanup the DNR looked the other way while we were cleaning up, but told us that we needed to have Discover passes for the shooting we did afterwards. Ultimately they looked the other way and didn't enforce it, but it was a bit irksome so I'd suggest coordinating that up front.

I think it's reasonable for them to give us temporary Discover passes so we're legal for the day.

Madpick, thanks a ton for these suggestions. If anyone has any suggestions or input I am all years.

Are there any tools other than the obvious I should ensure show up? Right now I think we will need Wheelbarrow(s), Rakes,a shotgun shell/steel cased ammo grabber(Also sold as a magnet) :wink05:, or a magnet sweeper.

Here is a list of what I have done and what needs to be done.

Complete -
Identify a cleanup area
Gather list of Wagunners and people from work, in total roughly 20 people interested.
Engage DNR and get work approved

To Complete-
Get pictures of cleanup site. (before Friday)
Finalize Details with DNR (Call scheduled for 3/23)
Identify services DNR can provide (3/23)
Confirm Temporary discover passes (3/23)
Inquire about free discover pass hours (3/23)
Inquire with DNR about shutting down the area like the Greenwater cleanup (3/23)
Once date is set gather expected attendees list and what tools people will be bringing.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:27 pm

Hello All,

I didn't realize May 13th was mother's day :bigsmile: . So if the DNR can accommodate it, this cleanup will take place May 6th.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:16 am

I was thinking of scouting this spot this weekend. Never been up there either.

I've been looking to help out with a clean n shoot. I don't know if Sunday will work for me since I usually work that day but I'm definitely interested. Keep us updated with details and I'll definitely try to make it.

Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:10 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome, Travis! :wavey:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in.

Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:14 pm

should be able to go.

Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am in, probably bringing the wife and kids as well. We'll bring contractor trash bags (if needed), as well as an assortment of firearms for the shooting part.

You might also attract more attention if you post up in the "Other Events" forum.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:33 am
Profile WWW

Hey guys,

sorry I have been absent I am switching jobs right now so life has been hectic. I was able to take some pictures of where I thought the DNR was talking about and the place is trashed. Couches, mattresses, tons of shotguns shells and broken glass. I am going to meet him up at the spot to finalize the details sometime mid April. This event will take place Sunday May 6th.

The DNR will provide -
Trash bags for pickup
Disposal of the garbage
They will close down the shooting area while we clean
Temporary DNR passes that are applicable ONLY DURING CLEANUP. If you want to shoot afterwards you will have to carpool with someone with a discover pass. Since this is the case I figured we could meet in one of the parking lots in Duvall to carpool.
The DNR will sign off on volunteer hours to put towards a free discovery pass.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

matt_brownies wrote:
Hey guys,

sorry I have been absent I am switching jobs right now so life has been hectic. I was able to take some pictures of where I thought the DNR was talking about and the place is trashed. Couches, mattresses, tons of shotguns shells and broken glass. I am going to meet him up at the spot to finalize the details sometime mid April. This event will take place Sunday May 6th.

The DNR will provide -
Trash bags for pickup
Disposal of the garbage
They will close down the shooting area while we clean
Temporary DNR passes that are applicable ONLY DURING CLEANUP. If you want to shoot afterwards you will have to carpool with someone with a discover pass. Since this is the case I figured we could meet in one of the parking lots in Duvall to carpool.
The DNR will sign off on volunteer hours to put towards a free discovery pass.

Can we get a full sized 4x4 truck into the farthest reaches of the cleanup?

If so, I can back my truck into the worst spots, and youns can fill it. Then empty it in the spot designated by DNR.

I'm not going to be able to do a lot of the work, myself. But I'll do what I can.

Figure the truck will make it easier, if we have to cart things like mattresses off the range.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:17 pm

Hey Selador,

The DNR guy really didn't want us bringing vehicles back there, but i'm going to try and convince him once we meet up. I'm not sure if he knows that there is big stuff out there.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

matt_brownies wrote:
Hey Selador,

The DNR guy really didn't want us bringing vehicles back there, but i'm going to try and convince him once we meet up. I'm not sure if he knows that there is big stuff out there.

Let him know specifically that my intention is to leave the place better than it is.

I won't be doing any stupid 4-wheeling show-off crap.

I'll simply get as close to the big stuff as possible. Get the big stuff out to the road or wherever the dropoff point is... And leave it all in as good of shape as possible.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Any new info on this?

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:39 pm
Profile WWW

I'm officially in for this. Not working that day. :thumbsup2:

Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next