Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Sultan Basin Status 

Is this still open to use? It's only 38 minutes away so not bad... Also I cant tell from the google maps on the road, but is there a 'drivable' trail that would take you close to where to shoot?
And is it a busy site?

Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Electricview223 wrote:
Is this still open to use? It's only 38 minutes away so not bad... Also I cant tell from the google maps on the road, but is there a 'drivable' trail that would take you close to where to shoot?
And is it a busy site?

I havent been there recently so i dont know the status. It is 100 yards off the paved road/parking area. Yes it is usually busy and there isnt a lot of room, but everyone is pretty friendly.

Oh also i have had a couple friends get popped for not having a discover pass... You could probably park along the road about 30 feet further away off of WA state land and be fine though.

Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:33 pm

I swear the find a way to tax you for EVERYTHING...

Good info here thank you!

Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Electricview223 wrote:
And is it a busy site?

The trail is not drivable. Your best bet for that is a wheelbarrow. That's what I use, and it works great.

As for it being open, I heard from a friend of a friend yesterday who said she went a few days ago, but it was closed. Would be good to verify the accuracy of that, and if it is closed, find out why.

Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Today, I spoke to the DNR officer who patrols the Sultan Basin Rd area. He confirmed that the pit is still open for shooting, but he said it's as trashed as ever. I told him I would rally the troops for a clean-up so that we can keep it open. I'll start a new thread for the clean-up.

Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hopefully we can get some new members and get them involved with cleanups, it’s a win-win for our community.
I do believe Dan and Steve have signs and some pamphlets from “trash no land.” This would definitely get the word out to the masses that they should not be pigs when using private or public lands.

Attachment:
123D0014-E394-4101-B5B9-4B63E2D6B84F.jpeg

Attachment:
0F026D13-A55B-43CD-9CD0-38E1173ADE2E.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2