Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Interlake Sporting Association 

Looking to hear about this group and facility? Lived all my life within a stone's throw.

Anyone a member or have visited here?

Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

welcomewgo

There are some ISA members here. I would expect someone to chime in soon.

:wagwoot:

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
SAF Defender's Club - Life member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The rifle range is for mountain goats and young folks with good knees. There is a long, steep and winding staircase (carved out of the hill; gravel steps) from the parking lot down to the cramped shooting-position house. Very little room to lay out and access your gear and the shooting lanes are tunnels hemmed in by concrete casons. Only a couple of 200(?) yard lanes.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:ROFLMAO:

:thumbsup2:

Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:59 pm

Thank you for the input jukk0u. Sounds like the rifle range is a little spartan but 200 yard range is pretty nice for the area. How's the pistol range? What's your opinion on the people culture there? Is it like a crazy HOA or more laid back family atmosphere?

Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:21 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've only visited; I was hoping a member would chime in with better info.

First, for being a "stone's throw" from your house -- hell yeah, ISA is worth checking out.

What jukk0u said is true. The pistol range is pretty informal, but fun. I know they have added other shooting areas in recent years, and I'm not very familiar with them.

My overall impression of ISA is that it's not the most modernized/refined range out there, but it's still a cool place, run by good people. My vote is yes, go check them out. I believe that you need to be sponsored by a member and show up at a meeting in order to become a member, so yes you'll need to connect with a member somehow.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've only been there three or four times as a guest, and only to the rifle range and the smaller range/pit just above it. We shot pistols at the smaller pit and despite it's austerity, it was pleasant.

Targets are hung from "kite string" strung from posts on either side of the berm. That can be challenging.

Benja, a former WaGunner was the President and Mynameis940 (wasn't that Shawn's handle?) the VP a year or so ago last time I went as Shawn's guest. They had been making some good improvements e.g. an electric gate, repairs to the goat walk stairs... and I heard some mention of work on the rifle house.

There is a brand new housing development just outside the gate now. I bet they are in for an ongoing battle for existence shortly.

That's all I can report.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:43 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

jukk0u wrote:
I've only been there three or four times as a guest, and only to the rifle range and the smaller range/pit just above it. We shot pistols at the smaller pit and despite it's austerity, it was pleasant.

Targets are hung from "kite string" strung from posts on either side of the berm. That can be challenging.

Benja, a former WaGunner was the President and Mynameis940 (wasn't that Shawn's handle?) the VP a year or so ago last time I went as Shawn's guest. They had been making some good improvements e.g. an electric gate, repairs to the goat walk stairs... and I heard some mention of work on the rifle house.

There is a brand new housing development just outside the gate now. I bet they are in for an ongoing battle for existence shortly.

That's all I can report.

^ Yup. That "smaller pit" is the main pistol range.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]