Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Need Your Help... In the Forest! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

-YOUR HELP IS NEEDED-
.........In the Forest!.......​

Clubs, groups, agencies and organizations have cancelled and/or delayed their regular spring cleanup events in the forests, as they participate in doing their part to help lessen the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus. Trash No Land has also done the same.

This means the existing trash will remain in the forest for quite some time if no one comes to the rescue.

As the forest is a virus free environment and recreation is a perfect stress reliever, we expect public visitation to the forest will increase this spring as families seek to break the monotony of being cooped up at home. Your help to remove trash from our public land forests is greatly needed and very much appreciated by all.

Here's how you can help, have fun, do good and still maintain social distancing;

• Pick your favorite forest.
• Plan for a day of adventure to do something good with the whole family.
• Take trash bags, gloves, pickers and pack a lunch.
• Find and remove trash from your forest.
• Take photos of your stewardship deeds and adventure.
• Gladly pay for the disposal of your trash and consider it your donation for the benefit of a healthy forest.
• Send photos to Trash No Land and tell us what forest you were in: volunteer@trashnoland.org or post to the comments below.
• Trash No Land will then forward your photos and good deeds to the forest officials and to our social media.

Commit Random Acts Of Cleanups! Everyone will appreciate your contribution! The forest will too!

#RandomActsOfCleanups, #StewardshipKeepsItOpen, #TrashNoLand

Thanks all,

Bill

Attachment:
Random Acts Of Cleanups.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:47 pm

You also had better remember a shovel and TP as I doubt that there will be any services meaning the outhouses will probably be locked up. The USDA Forest Service notices that I have gotten were in the can notices prepared before the "emergency" was declared so be prepared.

Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:thumbsup2:
hartcreek wrote:
You also had better remember a shovel and TP as I doubt that there will be any services meaning the outhouses will probably be locked up. The USDA Forest Service notices that I have gotten were in the can notices prepared before the "emergency" was declared so be prepared.

Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My favorite spots are still covered in snow...

hartcreek wrote:

There is always TP in my truck and Jeep. I'm not making that mistake again. Also fun note, a Ka-Bar makes a perfect TP roll dispenser when stuck in the side of a tree

Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]