Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:41 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Re: darrington,wa pits 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Avkashm01 wrote:
How bad is the drive up to the pit from the 435 road? Would a Toyota Tacoma be able to make it up?

Mine did, it was no trouble at all, that was last summer (and dry).

Wed May 04, 2022 3:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is one steep part on the road that goes to the pit off of the 18 Road that is ruttedup from the kids and their big jacked up trucks.
Just hug the left side on the way down & the right side coming on out.

I go almost every weekend with my two wheel drive Ford Ranger.

Some guys drive down there with their cars.

Fri May 06, 2022 11:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's been a while since we have took a trip up to the Darrington pits. Thereafter has-been bad then I needed surgery. They did that on June 10th. It's been a week yesterday and I'm still sore as hell.
I got a bunch of 223, 38spl & 357mag all wet tumbled, resized, flared and primed.
Maybe next week I'll be able to get them loaded.
I want to get Mason back in the shooting saddle again.
I had a AR223 rifle and a AR223 pistol made up for him.

If any reading this has an extra AR carry case or two they are not useing anymore I'd be interested in buying them instead of buying new ones.
I'm sure the pit will have a ton of shotgun hulls and more steel rifle & pistol cases to b
Pick up.
At this point I'm not capable to pick them up.

Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DoveRelease wrote:
It's been a while since we have took a trip up to the Darrington pits. Thereafter has-been bad then I needed surgery. They did that on June 10th. It's been a week yesterday and I'm still sore as hell.
I got a bunch of 223, 38spl & 357mag all wet tumbled, resized, flared and primed.

If any reading this has an extra AR carry case or two they are not useing anymore I'd be interested in buying them instead of buying new ones.
I'm sure the pit will have a ton of shotgun hulls and more steel rifle & pistol cases to b
Pick up.

Speedy recovery, Pat. Hope you get back at it soon, but don't push it.

Happy Fathers Day, Gramps!

Bill

Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:47 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

DoveRelease wrote:

Pick up.

I've probably got a few extras laying around

Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don’t overdo it Pat, it’ll set you back months. Put Mason to work with the picking up and lifting. :bigsmile:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jim
Mason sure is itching to get back out.
It is wet up here, not to bad, but could get bad. I think I'll finish getting some ammo loaded up and maybe get him out tomorrow.
It's supposed to get up to. 90 on Sunday.

Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

das_napeth wrote:
DoveRelease wrote:

Pick up.

I've probably got a few extras laying around

I sent you a PM.

Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If anyone plans on going up there soon please lmk. I only know green mountain for outdoor shooting and it's harder and harder to find a spot there anymore. Wanted to go today but weather sucks

Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DoveRelease wrote:
Jim
Mason sure is itching to get back out.
It is wet up here, not to bad, but could get bad. I think I'll finish getting some ammo loaded up and maybe get him out tomorrow.
It's supposed to get up to. 90 on Sunday.

Give me a date and I’ll do my best to accommodate his wish. :thumbsup2:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

IRackNBack wrote:
If anyone plans on going up there soon please lmk. I only know green mountain for outdoor shooting and it's harder and harder to find a spot there anymore. Wanted to go today but weather sucks

I might go to the 435th pit on Friday if that works for you.

Jim I'll keep in touch with you on a day of fishing. I don't think I could handle driving there & back and the time out on the lake right now.

Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Today I loaded up around 200 38spl rounds for Mason to shoot and started some 223 for the H&R Handi-Rifle. Tomorrow morning I'll finish loading some more 223 for Mason's AR guns.
I'll probably head up to the 435th Ave pit around 10 maybe 10"30 in the morning if any one wants to go.

I called a friend about going and he has plans for tomorrow'.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Finally got to Darrington this weekend. We left late yesterday and got up there around 7pm. Stopped by the 435th Ave pits for a few minutes then proceeded to the camping spot by the river. I made a wood rack for the top of the Ford Explorer and we stopped at a few places on the way in and grabbed some wood for our campfire.
Got it all cut oup and stacked. Them relaxed for a few hours and Mason had a couple of hotdogs & marshmallows.
We got up around 6.30 and hung there until 8am. When we made it back up to the pit they both had people set up shooting so we went to a couple of off the beaten path to shoot until 1pm and headed back home. It felt good being back out in the woods with Mason.
The places we went shooting at were totally clean, no garbage what so sever. I found one old tarnished 9mm case and one old rusted up shotgun hull.
I'm off work next week and will be going shooting up there with a friend one day.
The 435th pits weren't that bad for shotgun hulls & steel rifle and pistol cases.

Mason is going to summer camp all next week so I'll be able to go by myself one day too.
I'll do some clean up then.
Yesterday on the way in to the pit we seen a deer crossing the road and two grouse.
Today I wanted to go up & over North Mountain. Got almost to the very top and they put a gate up there. I really hate them closing these road off.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I took mason shooting this afternoon up to Darrington for a few hours. Both pits were occupied again so we went elsewhere so he could shoot.
When we stopped back up there both parties were gone so we picked up around ten pounds of brass.
We were kind of short on time and didn't do any shotgun hulls this time out. There really isn't that many up there.

We took a little side road and found a little water fall.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good to hear that you’re doing well, don’t over do it.
While we didn’t have as good success as you guys we took a side trip past our pit and found this spectacular view of the Chehalis valley.

Attachment:
3EAAA374-EEF4-4875-9481-DE74F23BC729.jpeg

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next