Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:00 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Darrington Pit Clean Up June 5th. (435th Ave) 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:)

Thu May 27, 2021 11:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you Lost, i will post directions to the pit we will be cleaning up here shortly.
Be sure to bring some guns to partake in some shooting after the clean up.

If you do haul any trash away we will cover the dump fees. There is a trash transfer station right in Arlington that is open seven days a week fyom 7;30am until 4;30pm.

Thu May 27, 2021 11:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
I think I have a couple of extras but if not I will contact Dan the Man hook you up with a few and also might be able to borrow the Waguns banner that I painstakingly cleaned last year. LOL
I could meet you in the Olympia area on your way through if that works for you.

Hi Jim,

It looks like the closest I come is Lakewood or Tacoma. From Eatonville, I would go up Hwy 7 through Spanaway, Parkland and up to Tacoma where I connect with I-5 North. Is there a convenient place to meet along there? Maps says the trip from Elbe Hills State Forest to the Darrington Pit is a little over 3 hrs, so I'd hate to take much of a detour West of Tacoma.

Unless you're planning to make it to the cleanup. Then we won't worry about it.

We would only need 1 of the WaGuns signs. I don't think the banner will do much good because we'll be spread out to 3 different pits and where would we put the one banner? Maybe on the road that drops down from the NF-18 road (looks like that's our only access if the gate is closed from Hwy 530). Also, I'd have to arrange to drop it off late Sat afternoon on the way home.

So let me know of a meeting place if you don't plan to be there.

Thanks,

Bill

Thu May 27, 2021 3:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TNL wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:
I think I have a couple of extras but if not I will contact Dan the Man hook you up with a few and also might be able to borrow the Waguns banner that I painstakingly cleaned last year. LOL
I could meet you in the Olympia area on your way through if that works for you.

Hi Jim,

It looks like the closest I come is Lakewood or Tacoma. From Eatonville, I would go up Hwy 7 through Spanaway, Parkland and up to Tacoma where I connect with I-5 North. Is there a convenient place to meet along there? Maps says the trip from Elbe Hills State Forest to the Darrington Pit is a little over 3 hrs, so I'd hate to take much of a detour West of Tacoma.

Unless you're planning to make it to the cleanup. Then we won't worry about it.

We would only need 1 of the WaGuns signs. I don't think the banner will do much good because we'll be spread out to 3 different pits and where would we put the one banner? Maybe on the road that drops down from the NF-18 road (looks like that's our only access if the gate is closed from Hwy 530). Also, I'd have to arrange to drop it off late Sat afternoon on the way home.

So let me know of a meeting place if you don't plan to be there.

Thanks,

Bill

I got a call today and I just might have to be there to help out, will decide tomorrow and let you know ASAP. :bigsmile:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Thu May 27, 2021 7:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is shaping up really nice. Some of us will be camping just below the 435th pit Friday the 4th. There will be enough people camping there so we will have enough people there to get the 435th pit cleaned up.
We need most of the guys to meet up at the two pits on the Suaittle River Road.
We will have a tractor with a front loader and a dump trailer for hauling the trash away.

We could use some racks & flat shovers for picking trash up.
Be sure to bring a pair of gloves.
After we get the pits claened up we will be having a BBQ and a shoot at the big pit on the Suaittle River Road.
We will.have coke, sprite & bottled water on ice for you guys durring the clean up. After the clean up there will be some Buds on ice.

For fun we will set of eggs at 30 yards, one shot off hand. Who ever hits the egg will get $10.
The we will set eggs up at 100 yards, one shot rifle off hand, who ever hits the egg will get $10.
For trap shooting i was thinking you guys shoot until you miss. Who ever gets the most clay pigeons gets $10.
We will have some items to be given away after the clean up. We will be handing out raffle tickets and will draw numbers out until every thig is given away.

To get to the Suaittle River Road pits go directly in to Darrington.at the four way stop right in town where you turn left to go to Rockport or turn right to go to Granite Falls.
Take the feft towards Rockport. There is another shell station on the north-east corner of this intersection.
Go eight miles, 530 will run parralel with the Saul river.
The road will take a sharp right and cross a steel deck bridge the it takes a sharp left.
As soon as you cross the steel deck bridge the Suaittle River Road cuts off to the right. Take that right on to the Suaittle River Road.
That small pit will be half a mile on the right side.
The big pit is another mile up the road on the right side. There is a yellow gate at the big pit.

Sun May 30, 2021 5:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well folks I got talked into showing up but instead of busting my ass and breaking my back like at other cleanups I’ve been to over the years, I’m going to be the camp cook along with the watchful eyes of Mrs. Caveman.

It should be a HOOT!!!

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Sun May 30, 2021 7:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you Caveman.
You can bring the signs & banner instead of Cogs picking them up.

What time do you thi g you will be at the pit?

Sun May 30, 2021 2:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is the 435th pit the Darrington pit? Back a couple weeks we were simply planning to meet at the Darrington Pit and split up from there. This 435th pit sounds like a completely different location 37 mins away from the Darrington Pit. Are we changing meeting locations? If some meet there and some at the Darrington place, how will we know if we have enough people at the 435th?

Mon May 31, 2021 4:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DoveRelease wrote:
Thank you Caveman.
You can bring the signs & banner instead of Cogs picking them up.

What time do you thi g you will be at the pit?

Going to leave home at 6am so should be there before 10am. We may change our minds and come up Friday night, still in the planning stage.

Well we did change our minds, we are going to drive up on Friday and stay at Darrinton’s finest the Motor inn downtown. :bigsmile:

I’ll get with Dan this week and pick up everything.

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Mon May 31, 2021 9:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We've changed the primary meeting location to be meeting at the large pit, along the Suaittle River Road, at 9 AM. The road access is easy for any car and it's the primary place we need to work on. Some people may want to go directly to the Darrington pit and we'll have someone there to greet them. Otherwise, we'll start at this new location and disperse groups out to the other pits.

Lunch will now be provided, thanks to Doverelease for food purchase and @Caveman Jim for being our Master Chef!

Prizes are now on the table! Free raffle at lunch!

This cleanup is getting better all the time!

See the updates and map link to the new meeting location at; https://www.trashnoland.org/upcoming-events/cleanup-darrington-pit-darrinton-wa/

See ya next Saturday!

Mon May 31, 2021 6:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It’s gonna be a HOOT folks!!!! :thumbsup2:

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Mon May 31, 2021 7:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is any one from Everett coming up to the clean up on Saturday?
If so I could use a few of the clean up magnets from Harbor Freight.

I just bought the last one at the Mt. Vernon Harbor Freight on the way home from work.

The Marysville Harbor Freight is sold out and the Everett store has four of them in stock.

Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’ve got a 30 incher that I’ll bring with me. :wink05: p

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I talked to the DNR manager yesterday. He is STOKED that we're doing this cleanup! Super excited and very thankful for our efforts! He is going to change the lock on the gate at the large pit and put a combination lock on. We'll have the combo and can open first thing Saturday morning for Scruffy's tractor access.

He's also going to see about getting the gate, or gates, open for us on the 435th road to the Darrington Pit. That will be cool! He'll let me know.

We should have DNR Police visit in the morning, or sometime during the day.

The transfer station, Sauk Transfer Station in Concrete, does not have a non-profit free dumping program. Neither does any other disposal site around there. Figures. I haven't run in to one yet. So, we'll have to pay for disposal.

I know Pat has raised some money so far, but he's also providing a lot of stuff (buying lunch, extra magnet pickers, dump fees and more). We should spiff him some cash to help share the costs.

I have a feeling we're going to see a lot of people at this event! We've been in communication with folks from WaGuns, NWFA, Trash No Land and a hunting forum in that area. Expecting a few other locals too.

Good times comin up!

Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TNL wrote:

The transfer station, Sauk Transfer Station in Concrete, does not have a non-profit free dumping program. Neither does any other disposal site around there. Figures. I haven't run in to one yet. So, we'll have to pay for disposal.

I know Pat has raised some money so far, but he's also providing a lot of stuff (buying lunch, extra magnet pickers, dump fees and more). We should spiff him some cash to help share the costs.

I cannot make it down for this one. Just too much going on. Two sets of relatives arriving Sat AM. Our entire upstairs is torn up to replace the carpet with no carpet.....plus my GD elbow evulsion.

That said I will gladly step up and pay the dump fees. How to orchestrate? Send me receipt and I will reimburse(?) Paypal up front?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next