Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:50 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Could i get access to gated USFS roads this way??? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've read you can get access to gated USFS roads if you have a mining claim, since a lot of our good old shooting spots are now behind gates, could i set up a "lead mining" claim to a shooting spot, load up a gold pan and bucket of water(to make it official) and have my own private, gated shooting spot?

Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There was a thread a few years ago re: going on forest roads and based on that conversation, I wouldn't recommend it.

Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:
There was a thread a few years ago re: going on forest roads and based on that conversation, I wouldn't recommend it.

I'm talking about gaining legal access to them, not just driving around the gates. It's kinda BS that we aren't allowed to access land we own. I know some really awesome spots that are too far behind lock and key to be accessible to most people.

Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:55 pm

I would like to know how also. Like you said, there are some really awesome spots behind the gates and it is BS that we can't access them. It seems like if you work for the forest service and have a key, you've got it made, but otherwise, your out of luck. It shouldn't be like that, it is public land after all. Claiming it's gated because of too much illegal dumping or garbage left behind is BS too, they can organize clean ups.

Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

USFS is just a bunch of corrupted, lazy, overpaid fucks and often criminals.
Fuck them!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Theres alot more that goes into getting/maintaining a mineral claim than you think.

Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Filing a claim is easy. The fracked up part is that the recording agency - my arch enemies, the BLM - will take your money and dutifully record your claim. The next guy in line comes up, pays his money and they'll record HIS claim on the same land.

WTF?! Says you. I just filed a claim on that land!
Meh... sez the BLM... we're just the recording agency. Take that shit to court.

Meanwhile, jackass #2 (you're kinda JA #1 :bigsmile: for playing the game) is up on your/his claim, fucking with your stuff and pulling you're gold out of the creek when you're not looking. Fracking racket.

But all of that could play into your hands since you don't really want to go stand in thirty eight degree water all day trying to find flecks of gold...you just want to go shooting.

Now, filing the claim isn't that expensive IIRC, but I don't know if that'll allow you access. You'll have to call BLM and their inbred cousins at the Forest Circus... them rangers don't look kindly on gold miners, so don't get your hopes up. Beprepared to be stonewalled and lead to believe shit that isn't true, 'cuz they'll do that to get out of being the forest service .

Fracking bungholelickers, all'em.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:46 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

surevaliance wrote:
USFS is just a bunch of corrupted, lazy, overpaid fucks and often criminals.
Fuck them!

Most of USFS and other conservation type groups are managed by libtards who tripped on acid in the 60's-70's.
They rose through the ranks and run the show now.
I have worked for them. NOAA was one of the worst.
Besides innacurate weather reports and fake climate change data, they also do...........I don't know. Had a server down and it took a week for them to report it.
Sat around bullshitting.

Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:54 am

The USFS won't issue a gate key for a legal mining claim, I had hell of a time convincing them to fix 3 washout on a popular FS road so I could access mine. It was a 7 mile walk one way... they considered that access, plus the paperwork and foot work you gotta do each year is ridiculous

Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:51 pm

shaggy wrote:
I've read you can get access to gated USFS roads if you have a mining claim, since a lot of our good old shooting spots are now behind gates, could i set up a "lead mining" claim to a shooting spot, load up a gold pan and bucket of water(to make it official) and have my own private, gated shooting spot?

You deserve credit for your "thinking outside the box" approach to the issue...

Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:00 pm

I have an orange disabled placard and they are required by law to give me a key or have the gate so that I can run my mobility device around the gate. I go where I want to and no Forest Service fool can keep me out of any place that is open to foot bicycle or horse traffic and not wilderness.

Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]