Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:37 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 ISO: Vehicle accessible site capable of 100-yard zero. 

Like the title states, I'm currently in search of a site that's legal to shoot, vehicle accessible, where I can successfully achieve a solid 100-yard zero. I'm located in Tacoma, WA and am willing make a trip out of the drive for the right spot. I also like to do a little cooking and grilling during my outings, so in my case, the less populated the area/site, the better. I always pick up and clean after myself, and usually leave with more than what I arrived with.

If anybody know of such a place that can accommodate my shenanigans, please let me know. I can also do without the cooking/grilling. Not a problem. Also, if you are aware of a "secret place" that's public, legal to shoot, and don't want to share it with the world, but for some reason, wouldn't mind sharing it with me, then please feel free to PM coordinates or directions, just so long as it doesn't lead me to a sinkhole or off a cliff. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance my fellow WAGunners! :thumbsup2:

EDIT: Looking for a place where I can bring some good company, setup, cook/grill, hangout, and not have to shoot right away.

Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Once the snow is melted get on google earth and do a search in the greenwater area.

Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:52 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Have you checked our shooting map?

BLACK HAMMER ARMS
Type 07 Class 2 NFA Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms
GLOCK Certified Armourer

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:18 am
Profile WWW

vic_b wrote:
Once the snow is melted get on google earth and do a search in the greenwater area.

I haven't ventured too far off into the Greenwater area, my buddy told me about a possible spot there, but I'm not sure if said spot would have enough room to get a solid 100-yard zero. Thanks for the heads up though! I'll be sure to take a peek at Google Earth. I don't have the most all terrain vehicle out there, so getting into some spots might be a little tough.

dreadi wrote:
Have you checked our shooting map?

I've checked and had great luck at CSF, but still have yet to find an area large/open enough to get a solid 100-yard zero. Maybe I just haven't ventured off deep enough there? I was hoping somebody would be able to point me in the right direction to a spot where they know I can successfully go out and be able to do so.

Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Evergreen has a 100yrd range that would probably be ideal. It’s a bit of a drive but you shouldn’t have any issues

Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:47 pm

Range 15 on JBLM. You'd have to have access to DoD facilities or be a guest of someone that does. There is also some registration requirements.

Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Could be done in Greenwater but it's pretty locked up till May 1st, the pit on FS70 was the only open spot I found last weekend and it was a zoo, if you're gonna go up there it's probably best to do it early as you can, it was a zoo by 9 a.m.

Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:23 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Tacoma Sportsman Club has a 200 yard range.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:19 pm
Profile WWW

NotAMerc wrote:
Evergreen has a 100yrd range that would probably be ideal. It’s a bit of a drive but you shouldn’t have any issues

Yeah, CSF isn't too far from there (Where I've been going recently.), so making the trip out there shouldn't be too much of an issue, but if I have to shell out some dollars, I'll probably end up going somewhere locally. The savings in fuel cost alone will probably pay for the range fee itself. Heh.

waglocker wrote:
Range 15 on JBLM. You'd have to have access to DoD facilities or be a guest of someone that does. There is also some registration requirements.

You know what, that's a great idea! I may know one or two people who have access to DoD facilities. I'll definitely give it a shot and see how it goes. Do you know if there's a waiting period for registration or is it more of an on the spot check type deal?

JKNW wrote:
Could be done in Greenwater but it's pretty locked up till May 1st, the pit on FS70 was the only open spot I found last weekend and it was a zoo, if you're gonna go up there it's probably best to do it early as you can, it was a zoo by 9 a.m.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm trying to stray away from all that madness. Come to think of it, I had some sketchy experiences at Greenwater with individuals firing down a cold range, not going down that road again; not anytime soon anyways.

BadKarma wrote:
Tacoma Sportsman Club has a 200 yard range.

This might just be the solution to my problem. Thank goodness, it's my only problem, for now. Just until I find another left handed bolt action in 300WM(Made the huge mistake getting rid of my previous one, been longing for another since.). Might just wait until I do so, that way, I'll be able to knock out two birds with stone.

Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:51 am

You guys have all been a tremendous help! Thanks my fellow WAGunners! Consider my questions answered. Admins/Mods, feel free to delete this thread if necessary. :thumbsup2:

Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:53 am

the interlake gun club in kirkland has 100 and 200 yard ranges, with covered shooting benches.

Thu May 26, 2022 11:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usagi wrote:
the interlake gun club in kirkland has 100 and 200 yard ranges, with covered shooting benches.

No part of Interlake is “drive up” except skeet.
Got to be in shape to shoot there, and don’t forget anything in the truck
Former member here
Bonus is you’re your own range master, as you are usually alone.

Fri May 27, 2022 5:29 am

EsteeFlows wrote:
You guys have all been a tremendous help! Thanks my fellow WAGunners! Consider my questions answered. Admins/Mods, feel free to delete this thread if necessary. :thumbsup2:

Nah leave it up. It helps to update the situations. I know the Greenwater one pretty well and we haven't been back for the muzzle-sweeping-Jesus-take-The-Wheel f*ckery that comes with people who buy a gun and no training or commonsense going with it.

Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:43 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

deafPapa1985 wrote:
the muzzle-sweeping-Jesus-take-The-Wheel f*ckery

Great summary. :rofl9:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]