Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:19 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Oso, WA Shooting pit 

I find that quite interesting. Maybe it's not officially "Closed"?

Sun May 06, 2012 10:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So maybe the "dickhead" that sent all the official communications about the land being closed isn't an "official dickhead"?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Mon May 07, 2012 4:57 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think the moral of the story here is: "If a bear shits in the woods, nobody saw it, heard it or smelled it, and the bear brought along a pooper-scooper and packed out his poo, did it ever really happen?"

Mon May 07, 2012 6:01 am
Profile WWW

Massivedesign wrote:
I think the moral of the story here is: "If a bear shits in the woods, nobody saw it, heard it or smelled it, and the bear brought along a pooper-scooper and packed out his poo, did it ever really happen?"

What Pit? I never heard of any such pit. Shooting? I never shoot. I don't even like guns...

/Sarcasm

Mon May 07, 2012 4:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
So maybe the "dickhead" that sent all the official communications about the land being closed isn't an "official dickhead"?

A guy from work went up there on his dirtbike and the sherriffs were there saying it was closed to shooting. Apparently the people in the area complain often on weekends about the noise. He also said someone has parked a truck near the Y in the road blocking it.

Wed May 16, 2012 10:56 pm

Not cool.

Bushmaster ORC in 5.56
DPMS Panther Bull 20 in 223REM
Citadel 1911FS in 45ACP
Kahr CW40 in 40SW
S&W M&P FS in 9mm
S&W 22A in 22LR

Wed May 30, 2012 3:06 pm

OK, I have been up to spot #2 3 times in 2 weeks. The Sunday of Memorial day weekend I was at my friends house, which is the first left beforee the turn off. We heard gunfire for 3 hours befor we headed up to the top. Every spot up the mountain had people in it and the main pits at the top were doubled up. Spent 3 more hours there and never saw the sheriff.

On Wednesday, My buddy and I headed back up as I need to test a rifle I had picked up for my brothers girls. Ran into the local brass collector. He lives just down the road and said he know nothing about that area being closed. He did say that if the sheriff see people shooting things like glass, TVs, appliances, tires, and the like. You will get a ticket and he will make you clean up the area.

Back up again this last Sunday and ran into 2 guys shooting up there. Just being friendly I asked them how they knew about this spot. They proceeded to tell me that it was their first time at this hole and had been out scouting areas to shoot their newly built AR15's a few weeks ago. They ran into the Ranger that gave them TURN BY TURN directions to this great shooting spot in OSO.

So I guess, until the sheriff says leave I continue to shoot up at OSO #2 And I think we should put it back on the map.

Just my $.02

Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:50 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

wolfsaber wrote:
So I guess, until the sheriff says leave I continue to shoot up at OSO #2 And I think we should put it back on the map.

I wish it was that simple. Since the land owner has asked us to not show THEIR property as a public shooting area, we will not re-post it. But, you may proceed at your own risk , of course!

Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:30 pm
Profile WWW

Hi :thumbsup2:
Can some please PM me directions to Oso #1 and #2 ? I'm looking for a simple shooting place I can take my girlfriend up to for her first time shooting. I don't go shooting that much, but when I do want to, I have no where to go as the place I use to shoot in Granite Falls has now been closed I heard. I haven't shot a gun in a few years because I don't know where to go :(
I will clean up my mess, I just have a couple boxes to shoot off.

I have no interest in gun range..

Glock 19 Gen4 - Trijicon Night Sights - Hornady 9mm FTX - Remington 870 Police Magnum - Blackhawk Knoxx SpecOps Gen 2 RRS - Wilson Combat 2 shot extension - Mesa Tactical 4 shot shell carrier w/ Picatinny rail - Kahr CW380

Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Did you click the map button at the top of this page?

Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:59 pm
Profile WWW

Massivedesign wrote:
Did you click the map button at the top of this page?

Yeah, I just clicked on it and checked it out, thanks :)

Glock 19 Gen4 - Trijicon Night Sights - Hornady 9mm FTX - Remington 870 Police Magnum - Blackhawk Knoxx SpecOps Gen 2 RRS - Wilson Combat 2 shot extension - Mesa Tactical 4 shot shell carrier w/ Picatinny rail - Kahr CW380

Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:59 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'll need to stand corrected. We removed the Oso Pits because they were private property and the land owner was pretty sure he wouldn't allow it.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:00 pm
Profile WWW

ok. I figured it was just the one called the Honey hole

Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:03 pm
Profile WWW

Yeah, this place is closed. Just wasted a bunch of gas driving out there to find a closed gate with a huge bright yellow No Shooting sign welded to the gate.. I have pictures I will post at a later date..
I haven't been able to shoot my guns in many years because I can't find any places to shoot..

Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

How many bullet holes are in the sign?

Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:05 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next