Switch to full style
Know a great, safe spot to shoot? Post it up! Coordinate clean-up effort here as well.
Post a reply

Can u shoot after dark at Capitol Forest Pit?

Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:12 pm

Never been there so not sure what the rules are for the pit, wanting to do a lil night shooting and was thinking this might
be a good place to look into first.

thanks!!

Re: Can u shoot after dark at Capitol Forest Pit?

Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:43 pm

No

Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:59 pm

golddigger14s wrote:No

Source?

Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:02 pm

dreadi wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:No

Source?

Here under the target shooting tab:

https://www.dnr.wa.gov/go#target-shooting

"Unless otherwise posted target shooting is not allowed prior to one half hour before sunrise or one half hour after sunset"

Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:02 pm

tks!

Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:39 pm

I’ve driven by the upper pit twice and stopped to watch several guys who had steel set up shooting with lights and lasers. May not be exactly legal, but it’s in a safe area so I say it should be allowed. Plus it will scare the bejeezus out of tweakers up there.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:36 pm

Wacarry wrote:I’ve driven by the upper pit twice and stopped to watch several guys who had steel set up shooting with lights and lasers. May not be exactly legal, but it’s in a safe area so I say it should be allowed. Plus it will scare the bejeezus out of tweakers up there.

Problem with this is that while they may be "safe" some other a-holes will do it elsewhere just because they saw these guys doing it and getting away with it.
Post a reply