Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:16 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 ("eastside" May 6th) Sultan Basin RD Shooting and Cleanup 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another friendly suggestion to matt_brownies that he should start another thread for this event in the "other events" section. Will be seen by more people.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:58 am
Profile WWW

Hey guys new to the area i kept hearing about some decent shooting areas, but when i took a peak oit there i saw alot of no shooting signs. How far in do we have to go to safely shoot?

Thanks in advance brothers!!!

Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mr.Green91 wrote:
Hey guys new to the area i kept hearing about some decent shooting areas, but when i took a peak oit there i saw alot of no shooting signs. How far in do we have to go to safely shoot?

Thanks in advance brothers!!!

Welcome to the forum!

Up above, under the word search, just below the Masthead, is a button to click that says Maps Of Shooting Areas, if outdoor shooting is what you're after.

This thread is about a group gathering at a specific place, Sultan Basin Road, where members here will show up to clean the area for a few hours, and then shoot.

Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:22 am

Provided that I'm not out of town on business, I'm interested in helping out and finding places close by to shoot.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

thomaslthorne wrote:
Provided that I'm not out of town on business, I'm interested in helping out and finding places close by to shoot.

welcomewgo

Nice to see another WaGunner from the Sky Valley. I'm still waiting for confirmation from my work that I have the 6th off, but I hope to see you there.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a few steel target, should I bring them? Or are we going to stick to paper and such?
Does anyone know this location and what distance we will be able to shoot?

-dimwit-

PS, I am a morning person, so if you want to get started at 6 am, I am all for it....I would just need to find something to do, for a couple hour, before we start-haha

Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Do we have a meet up location and time yet?

Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Any new information ?
Meeting place, time, etc...?
-dimwit-

Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:53 am

Sorry for not following up on this in almost a month, I haven’t had much time with the new gig. However, I was finally able to get out to the spot with a DNR officer and it looks like I was looking at the wrong place. Thankfully this place does not have large garbage like fridges and the like, just a ton of small garbage. That being said this is the best local shooting spot I have found as it goes out to 100 or more yards. I have attached pictures of the garbage and range to this email.

I know a lot of you had already emailed me saying you are interested. I now have final so I will send everyone that expressed interest on this thread the coordinates ot this shooting spot.

We will be meeting Sunday May 6th, 10AM at the Sultan Park and ride. The DNR will be waiving the requirement for a Discovery pass for the duration of the clean only. If you wish to shoot you will either have to have a discovery pass, or ride with someone that has one. Unfortunately all the spots in my vehicle are already reserved.

Things that would be great if people could bring.

- Rakes
- Magnetic sweeper
- Canopies for shade

Pics of the Spot - ImageImageImage

Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I should be able to be there, not so sure about Rita. I have an F-250 4x4 we can haul trash out with if that's helpful. I can bring a wheel barrow and other tools of destruction.

Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:08 am
Profile WWW

I will send out location information on my lunch. However, here is a list of places that you can purchase a discover pass near the shooting location.

ImageImage

Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Also note that if you have disabled parking placard, or plates, you don't need the discover pass.

But don't "borrow a buddy's". This is definitely one of those times when they will check them out. If you are using one illegally, it's at least a 250 dollar fine for you, AND for them... (And they will likely lose them.)

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I recognize that place. I had a different spot in mind as well when I first started following this thread. Doesn't look too terribly trashed, although picking up the shotgun hulls is probably the hardest part. Depending upon how encased in mud they are, sometimes a gas-powered leaf blower can help push them in a pile. Rakes, large metal dustpans, and wheelbarrows would be clutch.

Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
I recognize that place. I had a different spot in mind as well when I first started following this thread. Doesn't look too terribly trashed, although picking up the shotgun hulls is probably the hardest part. Depending upon how encased in mud they are, sometimes a gas-powered leaf blower can help push them in a pile. Rakes, large metal dustpans, and wheelbarrows would be clutch.

I have an electric leaf blower and a generator. Don't really want to bring them unless no one's got a gas powered one?

Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:34 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

delliottg wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:

I have an electric leaf blower and a generator. Don't really want to bring them unless no one's got a gas powered one?

Yeah, I don't think the electric ones will be very practical. I might be able to get my hands on a pair of the backpack-style gas-powered blowers (I believe my grandfather has 2 that he would probably let me borrow). I'll have to call him and make sure they still run. I'm actually not even sure I can make it to the clean-up because I fly out to Shanghai on the 7th and might catch a lot of flak for not spending the day at home, but we'll see. :bigsmile:

Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next