Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:10 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 ("eastside" May 6th) Sultan Basin RD Shooting and Cleanup 

Hello All,

I sent the location to roughly 20 of you, please let me know if I missed someone!

Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

matt_brownies wrote:
Hello All,

I sent the location to roughly 20 of you, please let me know if I missed someone!

Thank you. :bigsmile:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:05 pm

Guns4Liberty wrote:
delliottg wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:
I recognize that place. I had a different spot in mind as well when I first started following this thread. Doesn't look too terribly trashed, although picking up the shotgun hulls is probably the hardest part. Depending upon how encased in mud they are, sometimes a gas-powered leaf blower can help push them in a pile. Rakes, large metal dustpans, and wheelbarrows would be clutch.

I have an electric leaf blower and a generator. Don't really want to bring them unless no one's got a gas powered one?

Yeah, I don't think the electric ones will be very practical. I might be able to get my hands on a pair of the backpack-style gas-powered blowers (I believe my grandfather has 2 that he would probably let me borrow). I'll have to call him and make sure they still run. I'm actually not even sure I can make it to the clean-up because I fly out to Shanghai on the 7th and might catch a lot of flak for not spending the day at home, but we'll see. :bigsmile:

I can likely get a gas powered blower.

Things I know I can bring

- Magnetic sweeper for steel cased and shotgun shells
- Tarps to police brass during shooting
- A few rakes
- some cases of water

Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What is the recommended or approved target stand for the post clean up shoot?

Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chrisb9381 wrote:

I think it's whatever you want as long as it's not garbage. Clays (non-toxic preferred) are always good targets, unless someone sees a reason why they shouldn't be used. If you bring steel targets, prepare for them to get banged up or to have the stand/hardware destroyed (seems to happen at every group event). If I'm able to attend, I'll bring a pair of 3/8" AR500 45% IPSC silhouettes mounted on 6' T-posts.

Tue May 01, 2018 5:30 am

Chrisb9381 wrote:

Hey Chris,

In case anyone has this question i'll reiterate what I said over PM. I have only used self supporting targets, but see no reason why the stake type would not work.

Tue May 01, 2018 9:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I visited the pit today on a whim. I must have driven by this place a hundred times in the last few years! Can't believe I never stopped. It is certainly trashed pretty well, though I didn't see any appliances that were obvious haha. I have pictures, may post them later when not on my phone. As of right now, I plan to be there, and will most likely bring the wife and possibly the kiddo.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Wed May 02, 2018 7:39 pm
Profile WWW

Captain90s wrote:
I visited the pit today on a whim. I must have driven by this place a hundred times in the last few years! Can't believe I never stopped. It is certainly trashed pretty well, though I didn't see any appliances that were obvious haha. I have pictures, may post them later when not on my phone. As of right now, I plan to be there, and will most likely bring the wife and possibly the kiddo.

Yeah, when the DNR guy brought me out there I was thinking to myself "why have I been driving all the way to where this road turns into dirt to shoot in a worse location?". I hope to see you guys out there and meet some fellow WAgunners!

Thu May 03, 2018 2:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some pictures I took yesterday. The first is as you enter the pit properly, after a very short walk from the road. There IS a road behind the hill you see, according to Google Maps. However, it is a considerable distance away, and appears to be well out of the line of fire.

A better view of essentially the same thing. The majority of the trash seems to be shotgun casings, as usual.

EDIT: Apparently I fail at using my new tablet. I'll fix these pictures later tonight, and put the other two up as well.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Thu May 03, 2018 6:52 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So the Cap'n is catering?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu May 03, 2018 6:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BTW folks... if you look up on the hill to your right... about two hundred yards out there may still be some gongs and a water tank up there...

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Thu May 03, 2018 7:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I did see something(s) out at the far end that could have been gongs. I was far too lazy to trek my ass down there though haha.

Thu May 03, 2018 8:46 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
Some pictures I took yesterday. The first is as you enter the pit properly, after a very short walk from the road. There IS a road behind the hill you see, according to Google Maps. However, it is a considerable distance away, and appears to be well out of the line of fire.

A better view of essentially the same thing. The majority of the trash seems to be shotgun casings, as usual.

EDIT: Apparently I fail at using my new tablet. I'll fix these pictures later tonight, and put the other two up as well.

Can you see them now?

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu May 03, 2018 8:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
I did see something(s) out at the far end that could have been gongs. I was far too lazy to trek my ass down there though haha.

They're not on the far end. turn your head to two o'clock or 2:30 and look up on the hill 200 yards out. It's in the trees and brush. Not easy to see

FJB

Thu May 03, 2018 9:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
Captain90s wrote:

Can you see them now?

How did you do that? TEACH ME YOUR SORCERER'S WAYS!

Thu May 03, 2018 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next