Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:58 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Heads up WAC Gun show this weekend 2/26 2/27 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just letting everyone know wac show is a go and it should be a good one.
Hope to see you there.

Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the heads up. My dad is in town and I need to entertain him. We both were members of WAC many years ago.
We are overdue for a good show.
Edit : Looks like it is in Puyallup

Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:32 am

How are the shows these days? I used to be a member steadily but was out of the hobby a little while.

I went to a show down in Chehalis in January that was quite good IMO. Is WAC back up and functioning well? Do the high admission prices keep people away or it not really deter them?

Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:01 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

My wife, myself, and both my kids used to be WAC mambers until 6 years ago or whenever they passed all the Gun laws.
Now you can't even pick it up the same day and have to drive to Tacoma, Puyallup, or wherever the FFL is located even with a CPL.
Having to go through an FFL took all the fun out of it. Prefer parking lot deals.
Just not worth it unless you need Jerky (know that guy) or survival stuff (know him too).
Haven't seen a good gun deal in years. Got my whole family memberships so they could help carry guns I bought. Didnt renew.
Maybe if it gets better...............

Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:21 am

Guntrader wrote:
Got my whole family memberships so they could help carry guns I bought. Didnt renew.
Maybe if it gets better...............

Ha, had to take my step-son and his best friend for that same reason once several years ago. ;)

I feel a bit like you for sure. I also enjoyed the parts/accessories/etc. Contemplating going to see; renewing membership if it's showing some life again. Just wondering.

Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So far a great show I have 4 tables up stairs and been killin it with accessories and guns. There are always people trying to scalp but there has always been those. You get used to going and you figure out the good deals. I haven't seen the jerky guy in a while.
As far as waiting goes on guns and having to drive. Well I picked up a 3 inch ruger gp100 stainless with crimson trace grips for 600 otd.
I also picked up a ruger stainless mini 14 with Factory folder and 2 mags for cheap. So yeah I'm willing to drive.

Last edited by xr650r on Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

xr650r wrote:
So far a great show I have 4 tables up stairs and been killin it with accessories and guns. There are always people trying to scalp but there has always been those. You get used to going and you figure out the good deals. I haven't seen the jerky guy in a while.
As far as waiting goes on guns and having to drive. Well I picked up a 3 inch ruger gp100 stainless with crimson trace grips for 600 otd.
I also picked up a ruger stainless mini 14 with Factory folder and 2 mags for 700. So yeah I'm willing to drive.

That Mini sure was an awesome deal for sure and it was super CLEAN! Great score!

Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]