Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Did a gun show in KC 

So I went to the MAC productions (not affiliated with WAC) gun show in the the KC area. Did not know what to expect. Admission was 12 bucks for anyone over twelve years old. it was held in a sporting complex and was mostly in an indoor soccer field, which was kind of cool. show took up most of the field so it was not as big as the Puyallup Wac in it's heyday but it's a lot bigger than what Ive seen in the last few years. Private sales were legal, lots of AR stuff. Ammo was everywhere but there wasn't a dedicated "AMMO" guy selling cases of everything. Not a lot of What you call Antique firearms but I did see an old colt guy. Automatic knives were legal and I picked me up a Kershaw launch for about a hundred bucks. I wouldn't call the ammo prices great but I can say they were only slightly higher than Academy in store prices. Academy right now has 200 rnds of federal 9mm fmj for 79.99 here, I don't call that great but that is about .40 cents a rnd which is less than 20 bucks a box of 50. I mainly went to get a feel what the community is like and it's preatty much pre pandemic, pre Washington gun initiative gun show.

Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:39 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ace wrote:
it's preatty much pre pandemic, pre Washington gun initiative gun show.

Perfect. :thumbsup2:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

#jealous

Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:09 pm

Ace wrote:
... I mainly went to get a feel what the community is like and it's preatty much pre pandemic, pre Washington gun initiative gun show.

So you are just trying to make us all nostalgic and sad? ;)

Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you travel it’s nice to check out how the “other half” does it.

It’s amazing and an eye opener of what is legal and routine for one area to another.

I give the example of fireworks. Here it’s mostly so heavily regulated that we see pop up stands here and there during the fourth and of course our Reservation stands.

Over in other parts of different states they literally have 7-11 type stores that only sell fireworks and of course larger building dedicated to selling fireworks only if all kinds.

Even going to Oregon a few years ago and seeing the difference in prices on ammo and even some guns.

California is a big eye opener. Lots of cowboy guns since that’s what’s mainly open to them plus the stupid mag lock devices they had/have.

Did you take any pictures?

Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:11 am

did not get any pics. Coming up in the WAC shows I always knew that photos were frowned upon so it never occurred to me to take some photos. They will have another show in October and there is another promoter putting on a gun show to so I will have to check that out. I'm a life member of WAC so I miss not having to pay to get in. WAC had a good thing going for the longest time and it's strange to see a gun show that is not a club sponsored one. Sad how special it was to us, now it's just a former shell thanks to the efforts of some people who need to be in the unemployment line and not in positions of power.

Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:21 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

oldkim wrote:
It’s amazing and an eye opener of what is legal and routine for one area to another.

Exactly. And it just goes to show that what exists in your world is what you will likely accept as "normal" -- which is why it is so freaking DANGEROUS to have shitty laws like 594 and 1639 and SB5078, because now Washingtonians will start to accept this as "normal" and won't see a need to go back to the freedoms that we should have.

I've seen a few comments recently on WaGuns that were something like, "oh wow, you can just buy a gun in Idaho without a transfer, that's weird." NO, IT'S NOT WEIRD, THAT'S THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE!!

If we don't get this shit corrected in a few short years, we are well and truly fucked.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]