Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:24 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Tacoma Dome Gunshow April APRIL 26 & 27 Wesknodel 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Me and my pops just left.. Great show

Mashman thinks I'm sweet

Dan has a new Sig line

Met a few people

And my feet hurt

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DeltaBravo wrote:
One of the vendors from the other side of the hill showed me a new product he has. Gun Key. He cuts them here at the show.

Stop by my tables and I can direct you to his location. Pricing is $6.00 or 2 for $10.

He has a vertical wall of books, ammo cans and wears a really bright green shirt. He's relatively close to where I am, one row over

photo:

I can see a kid getting suspended from school for having a gun............................................................ :facepalm2:

Decent show, lots of stuff but nothing jumped of the table into my holster. Met ViperJody, TA, Mash, Dan, Rencorp, saw old Jim but he was busy and a few others sporting Waguns gear. Funny, I didn't see anyone advertising TOS....

Last edited by Classic on Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Having music play through the PA system is a nice touch.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Mr Q, OlyDemon, MassiveDan, FMJ, Silvermane, Talons, OldJim, Toys, Snakebit, Rencorp, ArmedBear, Crosse (and Panda____, hope she's signed up!) , SIG556, Danoh, MikeD, Chung, Benja555, AR15L, Fjorder, Col_Temp, krazyfrogable, UrbanMiner, M1Gunr, Brian.Marcy, CurtisLemansky, XDM9, cdoniguian, johnstontl, Technoweenie, CommTillItHtz, glockdaddy

If I missed any that we met, please- it's EOA and not a slight. Please remind me if we met and you're not on that list. Some of you I know we met, but I am not sure which face is attached to each name.

I was honestly too swamped to do a proper shopping trip through that DisneyLand of 2A delights.
I dearly wish that I'd had 2 more hours to pack up the 2A Wagon appropriately (testing it's load carrying ability!)

Thanks a bunch for all your help at the WaGuns table- next time have more business cards ready.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Had a great time at the show yesterday!
:wagwoot:

There are times when the situation as it occurs, dictates the course of actions that follow.

"I stand for the National Anthem, always have, always will"

On days like this, I often wonder what Gary Gordon and Randy Shughart would do...

Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I met a ton of Wagunners! It was awesome being at the table!
This show was a blast to be at! The WaGuns table was ridiculously fun to be at, there were tons of people we handed out cards to, scored a sweet hat while I was there too! The wife was a little bored, but gotta get her used to being around guns, she actually wants a little ruger now!
Thanks Dan for letting me help out!
I scored a pretty sweet barrel for my build while there. I really wish I had more time to enjoy the show!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I didn't make it, rough week at the office. I needed some down time.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:44 pm

Had a great show in the woodshed, and good to see the Wa.G crew in attendance, hopefully it will continue in November....next show Centrailia May 17th & 18th :thumbsup2: ...urbanminer

Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:32 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Man, you guys rocked the show, seriously. The amount of membership involvement is heart warming. I can't thank all of you enough for wanting to step up and spend a few hours working the booths.

The best part about the show was meeting everybody, finally putting some faces to names!

And all I know is that when we setup on Friday, we had TONS of schwag.... When we closed up shop last night there was a lot of empty space and a lot of green! Time to re-order some schwag!

Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:35 am
Profile WWW

I was there, had some cash & trade on me but didn't do any real purchases. Did pick up some small stuff.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:39 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

So as much as the media want to think these shows don't play by the rules...heres my story.....

On Saturday I first went to the WAC show, I personally don't have a problem with both venues and go to both.

For about two years the only thing that's keeping me hitting all of the gun shows is the hunt for an early Combat Commander.

At the lest few tables at WAC (toward the front..I work from the back) there was a guy that had a Gvt Model in 38 super.Ive kinda been thinking of buying a 38 super Colt.It was nothing out of the ordinary he had the box, paperwork and original grip panels back at his place. He said he promised he'd get them to me. I didn't doubt him. Thinking the show was a bust I talked him down a little from his asking price which wasn't bad to start with but he only dropped $25. I didn't notice he had a purple Badge (Junior Member he was from Montana).....Then he said the sale would have to go through FFL............ ahhhhh no. I'm Not paying an extra $45 for a background check again and am not waiting in line like I don't have a WAC badge and a CPL. Also I've never done this in a FTF situation and am thinking the FFL at the WAC show will probably have to me charge tax.??? Dunno. So, If I'm gonna buy from an FFL I'll walk into Mary's Pistols and get a new 38 Super.....End result, He lost the sale to me because I'm cheap and impatient.

So I asked myself..So If the T-Dome show didn't have any rules according to the Media why didn't this guy selling the 38 Super choose that show over the WAC.

Well my question was answered about two hours later at the T-Dome show.

Pretty much the last table at the T-Dome show. There it was the Combat Commander with the box that I had been searching for. Me and the seller do the usual "hey Ill give you $X and no Ill take $X" We settle on a price and I reach for my cash........ and he says.

"ONLY IF YOU'RE A WA. RESIDENT"

Im thinking WTF? What did I say that prompted that?.....And said as much.

He says " Well you're wearing a sweatshirt that is from a Gun Shop in Coer d'Alene Idaho"

Shit......I didn't even think about that....I showed him my CPL and driver license.....Done deal.

My Point......

The guy with the 38 super from Montana couldn't sell at Wes's T-Dome show because they play by the rules. He wasn't a Wa. Resident He couldn't sell there with out an FFL either. He took his chance to sell at WAC. Maybe WAC had cheaper tables or more FFLs, I dont know.

My attempt at the T-Dome was caught by the seller being awake enough to see that I was wearing out of state clothes and called me on it. Good for him.

Not that I didn't believe they didn't play by the rules but here's proof that my two legal attempts to buy didn't fall through the cracks.......

At The T-Dome show I also got to meet some of you WaGunners...Jeremy, Ol Jim, Olydemon Dan and the rest of guys at the booth when I brought and showed off my new/old Colt...Good to meet ya.

I also sought some schwag including a T-shirt that'll be worn at all shows and a WAGU sticker that'll be on the tailgate of my totally worn out Toyota.

Great job at the booth guys.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:

"ONLY IF YOU'RE A WA. RESIDENT"

Im thinking WTF? What did I say that prompted that?.....And said as much.

He says " Well you're wearing a sweatshirt that is from a Gun Shop in Coer d'Alene Idaho"
I hope whenever YOU sell a firearm to someone, YOU check their I.D. as well?
Maybe WAC had cheaper tables or more FFLs, I dont know.
Tables were cheaper at WAC only because the woodshed charges more.
My attempt at the T-Dome was caught by the seller being awake enough to see that I was wearing out of state clothes and called me on it. Good for him.

Not that I didn't believe they didn't play by the rules but here's proof that my two legal attempts to buy didn't fall through the cracks.......
You didn't get to the "exchanging money" part yet :wink05:

Great job at the booth guys.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:48 am

Forgot to mention, watched some guy pay $700-$750 for a WASR. Just bout cringed.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:05 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Great post, WaJim...good points you illustrated.

Wife and I had a good time representing at the WaGuns booth on Sunday morn. Thanks to Brandon for showing us the ropes. Met MashMan, SissyBoy, and a few others whom I cannot recall. Thank you to Vern for the PIF's. Good man. :nicepif:

Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:36 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It was a great show, great venue, terrific staff, and a huge success.

800 TABLES WERE SOLD, AND OVER 6500 PEOPLE ATTENDED !!!!

That - is amazing, on a nice sunny weekend ( Saturday, anyway ), with 3 other state gun shows going on, and opening day for the trout fishing season on top of it.

Wa Guns owned the show - I met more members there than you could shake a stick at.

Best part of my weekend was getting Old Jim dynamited off the peninsula into the show for the weekend, and sharing some past years stories on family, and firearms.

Next best was having WaGuns members use my tables to sell off a bunch of their stuff.

That was tied with the tremendous efforts of M 1 Gunner and the Sheriff in processing folks for Oregon carry permits.

What is absolutely necessary going forward, is to do some lobbying to win over the mayor of Tacoma to ensure the continuing presence of this show.

Apparently, she is not a firearms enthusiast.

We as a community, have to bombard the mayors office with positive feedback on the show, and the positive benefits of the massive influx of visitors to Tacoma as a result.

I am gonna start a thread on getting that going on - please help by posting contact links, networking with friends, and getting the word out that this show is worth repeating.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:09 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next