Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:51 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Knodel vs. WAC - Getting ugly. 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I sent his note off to the WAC "contact us" email addresses.
I am aware that they are not all individually responsible, but they can steep in their soup of their own making.

Quote:
To : Washington Arms Collectors folks in positions of trust,

I am so terribly disappointed in your organization for the part it has played in the attempted smearing of the Wes Knodel gun shows.

WAC has let the pursuit of profit override decency and it is apparent even to those who are not involved with either show.

Your organization has aided those who would attack any and all shows, including your own. Your organization's actions have harmed all law abiding firearms enthusiasts.

WAC has brought deep shame to the firearms owners of Washington State.

Nothing short of a complete and heartfelt apology to the Wes Knodel folks, the vendors at both shows, and the collective firearms owners of this state will suffice to regain an ounce of my respect.

Please do not mistake this letter for an opportunity to explain such shameful actions. There is no excuse for what the authors of the smear wrote and published.

Sincerely,

Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan360 wrote:
AR15L wrote:
So I did. I had to pay to get in at the door, cuz I was "expired". OK, I'll get it refunded inside. Nope, not so much. Was treated like a complete and utter criminal--I've had better interactions with arrogant police officers than with the WAC people inside--and was told I would have to start the entire process over because, and I quote "when you let your membership expire without feeling the need to renew, you became just like the rest of them, and must start over." Without feeling the need? Like the rest of them?

Needless to say, they also had no record of anyone recording anything in my record, and the lady I spoke to (name withheld) was not at the show and I would have to call the office on Monday to "get your mess figured out."

That was 2007. Haven't been to a WAC show since. Not quite the same situation as corpsman's but similar enough to remind me why I don't go back.

I was deployed multiple times and each time I got a new year (upcoming not past year) paid for with a copy of my DD 214.

The fight is against Prop 594, keep focused.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

XDM9cWA wrote:
deadshot2 wrote:
DeltaBravo wrote:
http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/tacoma-gun-show-requires-no-background-checks-thro/nfh5W/

In regards to the claim (in the news article) that there are only 152 sellers with only 12 being private sellers, the math hardly adds up... There's 800 ish tables here (according to the person I asked this morning at the staff area).

How many of the commercial sellers have 6-10 tables for just themselves?

probably most of them.. :bigsmile:

Just thought I'd offer that to help DeltaBravo with the math. :wink05:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:13 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I received a reply from one of the members on the WAC board indicating that he was not aware of the smear campaign.

My reply :

Quote:
Mr ______,

I wish that I had included the comment that I am aware that not each and every person receiving this note is personally responsible for the damage that has been done.

http://comics.feedtacoma.com/tacomic/ta ... standards/

This cartoon was posted by someone at WAC with comments that supported it.

https://washingtonarmscollectors.org/news/ Article "A Study in Value" For an understanding of how and why this article is as offensive to some of us as it is, it is being discussed on a few 2A supporting boards. viewtopic.php?f=44&t=39814

Additionally, some of the anti-Tacoma show comments being bandied about in the media appear to come from WK's "competitors" at WAC. WAC has loaded up the anti's magazines for them.

I hope that my disappointment in WAC does not indicate a disrespect or appreciation for your work sir. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Respectfully,

Brethren, if there is more evidence of the malfeasance by WAC that should be included in this list, do please share.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:
dan360 wrote:
AR15L wrote:
So I did. I had to pay to get in at the door, cuz I was "expired". OK, I'll get it refunded inside. Nope, not so much. Was treated like a complete and utter criminal--I've had better interactions with arrogant police officers than with the WAC people inside--and was told I would have to start the entire process over because, and I quote "when you let your membership expire without feeling the need to renew, you became just like the rest of them, and must start over." Without feeling the need? Like the rest of them?

Needless to say, they also had no record of anyone recording anything in my record, and the lady I spoke to (name withheld) was not at the show and I would have to call the office on Monday to "get your mess figured out."

That was 2007. Haven't been to a WAC show since. Not quite the same situation as corpsman's but similar enough to remind me why I don't go back.

I was deployed multiple times and each time I got a new year (upcoming not past year) paid for with a copy of my DD 214.

The fight is against Prop 594, keep focused.

You're assuming I'm military. Raytheon Polar Services does not issue DD214s, but thanks for your service. I'm very focused on I-594, and also very much aware how is it supported by WAC.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan360 wrote:

You're assuming I'm military. Raytheon Polar Services does not issue DD214s, but thanks for your service. I'm very focused on I-594, and also very much aware how is it supported by WAC.

WAC supports 594? Double fuck them.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan360 wrote:
I'm very focused on I-594, and also very much aware how is it supported by WAC.

Show me where they say that, please.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
dan360 wrote:

Show me how their actions over the last week prove otherwise.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:01 am
Founding Father
Founding Father

dan360 wrote:
AR15L wrote:
dan360 wrote:

How about the countless "Yes 591. No 594" stickers at all the tables and their contributions of over 500k to gun rights groups in the last year?

K, Your turn. Show us where WAC is supporting it.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TacticalAssault wrote:
dan360 wrote:
AR15L wrote:
dan360 wrote:

How about the countless "Yes 591. No 594" stickers at all the tables and their contributions of over 500k to gun rights groups in the last year?

K, Your turn. Show us where WAC is supporting it.

....yet they take the opportunity to smear a competitor using their "we conduct background checks" as a way to prove to the uninformed they're the "safe and better value" enterprise. Sure, maybe they did that purely as a business move to win over people to attend THEIR show, or perhaps win favor with the City of Tacoma for future political moves---a knee jerk reaction driven by the money coffers without realizing that all it did is encourage people to vote for 594 and split the gun community in two.

$500,000 is over 14,000 WAC members' yearly membership dues. Stands to reason they need people to stay in their club. Any means necessary I guess...

Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5