Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:07 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 WAC shake up? 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Just noticed some drama at the WAC Facebook page.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:05 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

We're gonna need linkage or, even better, quotes. :bigsmile:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From the page -

This letter will not be as political as some on the board, just straight to the point and FACT.
I am not coming back to W.A.C. because of the Hostile environment I was put in by the MOST of the BOD, Rick Verzal, and John H.
First of all I "ROBERT" was there 3 years ago with Tom Rasor. Tom hired me because of my Business / Computer experience. For those who didn’t know and the ones that FORGOT...Tom and I had to figure out where all the MONEY was going...back in 2009. Meaning, Tom and I had a monitor inside the office and the shows for anything suspicious. Arlene walking around with thousands in cash , had a “fanny pack”, carrying money. She would always say the money matches the receipt book. You will see where I put together Computer / Battery Pack / Printer so everyone gets a receipt to stop the looting. What happen back then was a "TEAM" effort not one person. There is a lot more to this subject about Nancy Martin who ran membership and would be abused by Arlene and some of the staff at the show.
(please see last attempt to sue by Arlene for further information or call Lanny Powell).
2. Team of Tom Rasor, Robert Johnson, Nancy Martin and Harry Blakeman was on the battle lines of stopping all kinds of problems. See Lanny Powell Documents and what has been reported about Rosemary, Arlene, Karen. Karen was suspended and the only reason she’s back is because of John H. vouched for her. She was not to return into membership were she was. So Tom R. decided to put her in Security instead...now Karen is back membership, thanks to John H. and Rick Verzal she has Nancy's job at the show and I hope the game play doesn’t begin...No passing the shoe box collecting money anymore.
3. I know the people who work hard every day and put on the shows for WAC can see who lies and who tells the truth. It is too bad that John Rodabaugh was using me as a PAWN for his political games. Talking about me during the shows and people coming up bashing my education and what I have accomplished for WAC doesn’t mean a thing. Well you’re no better than the people you talk to come up during a show and put me through hell. John you can talk to "Terry MacLeod" about that...One example. (Low Class)
Also the new “PLAN” that is in place for a new “Ops Manager” to take over and as John Rodabaugh says pays that person about $60,000 or MORE…. This is not a new plan. Tom Rasor had this Plan three years ago until the BOD discourage that plan with John H. behind it. It’s just horrible so many people trying to take credit for other peoples accomplishments. (Shame on you John Rodabaugh)
4. It has been documented so many times that Woody to stay away from the office and have no contact almost everyone turns a blind eye…Woody to this day comes in the office and try's to ask me to contact Nancy....I told John H...nothings done about it. (Woody is still at it)

5. Lee Bull what can I say...other then I was there when you praised Harry Blakeman for the great job he is doing and offered him another year. Then all of the sudden he was replaced...with a guy who makes $15 an hour from Boeing.....Great Move JOHN R, LEE B. and Dave Workman... Too bad some people just don’t get it if they NEVER supervised before.....Sorry Rick...Its different then a BODY SHOP....your dealing with REAL PEOPLE actually have been in the business industry for a very longtime. Sick of people getting jealous of what others make...
6. Dave Workman...I called you from the office and told you it was wrong to move Nancy from her office. Rick and John H, told her 15 minutes after the meeting about who is handling what shows and hours they are now working. Nancy chose the office to work instead of the show.
Dave Workman You did nothing. Just did nothing....3 Big Guys vs 1 woman...Go figure. She was let go while she was on PTO with a Dr's note and she kept in contact with you Dave....Again...I cannot believe what happen to her. She had nothing wrong in past and there was nothing in her file. She had every right as a human being to be upset being be-littled by John H at the meeting and Rick V. When basically kicking her out of her office for not choosing to work the show. Also John H already talked to Karen about taking Nancy’s Job at the show, before even asking Nancy her decision.
7. Michelle the Treasure first words to anyone in the office was “I don’t want to become friends with any of you, because I do not want to feel bad when I get rid of any of you.”
All I can say is “BRAVO” “BILLIANT” glad you could bring in someone of this type of individual to create a hostile environment with this person. The people who work with this person Nancy, Michael, and Robert have complained about this person at one time or another. Nothing has been done.
Also Michelle to this DATE has not presented correct numbers for any of the members to review. Yet the some of the BOD allows her numbers to be printed incorrectly. Favoritism, It is what it’s called. I am so happy that you have spent the “MEMBERS MONEY” on 20 hours ($1,000) a week average which she has not earned…She’s on tract to make $67,000.00 approximately for a fiscal year. Lance never put numbers like that in the system. Michelle is giving permission to “LOOT” the membership of unearned money. Michael is helping Michelle and doing her job to a certain extent. Great Job Dave Workman, John Rodabaugh and Lee Bull for giving her permission for as many hours
8. Michael Lodwick was MY assistant. Tom and I had him hired 2 years ago for assisting me at the shows, so he was trained for new Venues. I trained Michael and in turn he and I trained Maria. NOW that Michael Lodwick makes 27$ an HOUR is a few more dollars then me. That’s pretty good for MY assistant that hasn’t been through any “Challenges” that I have in the past.

9. Rick Verzal, I had respect for you until you started treating me horribly. One, you have ignored me since I have asked for a raise and provided you will all my accomplishments and what my responsibilities were. Secondly, every time I had asked about anything you would always tell me the story of 1,600 applicants to fill one position at Boeing. Basically Rick your saying I am unable to get a position anywhere in another company and I wasn’t going anywhere. Thirdly, recognizing Michael was my Assistant and never did anything about TREATING me equal to him. It was all about Recognizing Michael.
10. John H. there is so many subjects and so little time. Please see Nancy Martins timeline for the list of what you have done. (Please ask Dave Workman) and all other Members I encourage you to do the same. I guess for one example last Enumclaw show of 2011…John H authorized a sale of a firearm to NON MEMBERS and it was after closing. Also since the Enumclaw show was so small John H. stated he was so bored and didn’t have anything to do. “WAY TO GO BOARD” for giving John H. a $2,000 raise a month which makes it about $5,000 a month for 8 days’ worth of work.
11. The last item is called GOAL…a lot of members are not educated on what it is and actually who is president of it…I bet all the members do not know that the MAJORITY of the people on the BOARD are on the GOAL board…Why is this important for members to know??? Well first of all members and customers those come in and pay a FEE which is $2 a ticket. So out of $8 everyone should be paying $6 because it is a DONATION and not a requirement. It is terrible not to have the PROPER signs to identify this. Like Nancy Martin said it best…Let goal have a table just like everyone else and see how many people donate…I bet they do not get $67,000 approximate a year from having a table (this is what is donated into GOAL) and collecting from there…But at least our MEMBERS and Customers would see it coming…Even the Auditors stated to seek COUNCIL on collecting for GOAL…
In closing, for now is that it is, just horrible for the B.O.D (Majority) is a complete Dictatorship and does not run in the best interest of the “MASS” which is the Membership. I tried going to my OPS Manager Rick Verzal and he completely ignored me. Dave Workman has ignored me in a different situation yet…I feel I couldn’t go to HR Dave Workman, Lee Bull, John Rodabaugh, Rick Verzal for help because they didn’t know what they’re doing.

IT’S A SHAME THE TRUTH IS NOT SHARED WITH THE MEMBERSHIP…

Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh, and this one, presumably related, from a little earlier:

Just a FYI,

I found a job last Monday 30th of January, not weeks before like some people probably thinking or gossiping. I stayed as long as I could...but my Health is more important then being treated horribly.

Sorry for the others I did not receive this email, I do not have all the Directors in my email address book...But I am sure Michael Lodwick does and can forward it to everyone. Two great employee's with more then 6 years with WAC. One gets fired for no reason and the other leaves because of hostility, treated horribly and more.

P.S. Keys and Iphone is being sent off this Saturday 4th of February by Registerd mail.

Robert Johnson,

Washington Arms Collectors
"Long Live W.A.C, Down with the Dictatorship"

Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:31 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I sure like walking into the Centrailia show not having to deal with all that WAC drama. And I can even pick up guns or swords, or whatever without being made to feel like a child (talking about my first WAC show experience)....

Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:29 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

MadPick wrote:
We're gonna need linkage or, even better, quotes. :bigsmile:

Yeah, sorry I was on my phone.

Join the NRA

Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:07 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

WAC Facebook page : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Washingto ... 5049703579

Sounds like somebody isn't happy. Will be interesting to hear more of the story come out, if made available.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:55 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's nice to see that Controversy is still alive and well at WAC. I let my one year membership lapse several years ago. Seemed like there were two groups in WAC. Those in charge and those that wanted to be in charge. One side was always accusing the other of squandering the groups money. From the salary numbers mentioned in the "rant", if true it appears that WAC pays well for a job requiring your presence only 8 days per month. Is that job open for anyone to apply for or do you need special "chap stick and knee-pads"? :throwup:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:06 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

We need a Washington Guns Show.

Join the NRA

Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

badkarma wrote:
We need a Washington Guns Show.

We do!

BTW, if you are close to Seattle, the WCW runs a significantly more sane shop than WAC. We have periodic member swaps (much better deals usually than anything that I've seen on WAC, even though it is less than 1% in space, I usually walk out with 1000% more in product).

http://www.kenmorerange.com/

I stopped going to WAC after I realized that...
1) I am not buying anything there because prices on the Internet are a lot cheaper, even with the transfer costs factored in, and...
2) ...the editorial board treats the newsletter mostly as a propaganda tool for their political views (which are somewhere slightly to the right of Mussolini), the firearms coverage is limited to just reprinting the reprints from somewhere else. And that's like 25% of the cost of the membership (not that I care so much about the money, it's just I wouldn't want this thing in my house if they paid me).

Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:39 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, maybe it is time for the monopoly on Gun Shows that WAC seems to enjoy be broken.

The only obstacle will be venues. WAC has the most venues where gun shows could be conducted tied up.

Maybe another show promoter would be willing to Co-Sponsor a show. Anyone have any experience with Falcon Gun Shows? They might want to hold a show right in the middle of WAC territory rather than just up North.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

solyanik wrote:
.... We have periodic member swaps

Is this anything like a wife swap?

:bigsmile:

NOOOoooo!

All I get is "Hey! I'm peeing in here!"

"Peace is the brief, glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading."

Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:23 am

I read this thread for about 30 seconds.......I aint sure what the fuck WAC is, but now I'm sure of it, I do not even want to know.

Sounds like Beverly Hills 90210 meets Shooting USA.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

tomy salami wrote:
I read this thread for about 30 seconds.......I aint sure what the fuck WAC is, but now I'm sure of it, I do not even want to know.

Sounds like Beverly Hills 90210 meets Shooting USA.

Nah - more like the Karate Kid - " WAC ON, WAC OFF " that is the question. Whether it is nobler to swap members, or just keep your own equipment locked up safely..............

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:18 pm

Karate Kid 1, eh? WAC on, WAC off.............

Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next