Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:24 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Anyone back from WAC show yet? UPDATE 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So the WAC show is this weekend, anyone bought anything there today? I understand some guns were sold at the last Chehalis show and may be at WAC that did not belong to the seller. I have the list with make, model, calibre and serial if anyone's interested. They came from a 70 year old widows home.

Update.
Everything has been worked out. The fake FFL was faced with either paying her, or facing a judge in small claims court. I acted as mediator since I casually knew both parties involved. He paid her a fair enough amount and accepted all liability for any further issues that may arise in the future, and she got everything in writing.
While he bitched about the settlement amount, I'm sure he still made something out of the deal, as I know the amounts he stated he sold them for are on the low side. As long as she's happy and he's now barred from ever contacting her again, this whole mess can now be laid to rest.
Lesson learned here is, have a bloody good will before you die, leaving your widow to deal with your gun disposal. These two guys were supposed to be good family friends, but from what I learned about them, I'm not so certain.

Last edited by Free Boer on Thu May 21, 2015 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:popcorn:
If they didn't have a list of firearms and serial numbers to look for before going, that won't help much. Post it up, maybe someone is going tomorrow to look at overpriced guns, ammo and totally unrelated crap.

My WAC membership expired in 2010.
Never been back.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have they been reported stolen?

Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry Wac is smacking with crack :bonghit: :bonghit:

Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fairly unlikely a WAC member is selling stolen guns. I would say that's a stretch.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Fairly unlikely a WAC member is selling stolen guns. I would say that's a stretch.

Eh...given the various controversies and childish antics I've seen coming from WAC in just the 5 years I've been in Seattle - I'd say the odds are quite high.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benja455 wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Eh...given the various controversies and childish antics I've seen coming from WAC in just the 5 years I've been in Seattle - I'd say the odds are quite high.

I agree some of the leadership are wankers and the old guys specialize is ND's, but most regular members such as myself and the sellers are pretty decent and sharp folks. I know a lot of folks here love to hate on WAC. If you have actual evidence of members selling stolen property, then I would say you should step forward.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
If you have actual evidence of members selling stolen property, then I would say you should step forward.

The OP seems like he does. I haven't been to a WAC show since 2011, I think.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Person who took the firearms represented himself as a FFL, and that everything would be run through NICS. Turns out he lied, not an FFL, and sold most of them to "dealers" who have tables at the Knowdel and WAC shows. Can I post the serials in this thread? Since the local LEOs are not interested in pursuing the matter, and told her she'd likely never recover them or the money. This is a classic case of broken trust and theft by deception.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Airborne Engineer wrote:
Person who took the firearms represented himself as a FFL, and that everything would be run through NICS. Turns out he lied, not an FFL, and sold most of them to "dealers" who have tables at the Knowdel and WAC shows. Can I post the serials in this thread? Since the local LEOs are not interested in pursuing the matter, and told her she'd likely never recover them or the money. This is a classic case of broken trust and theft by deception.

Well if the guns really weren't stolen.... confused......... this guy who lied, you don't have a card/name contact information?........and he has nothing that turns up in a miracle background check.......the next buyers or dealers would not necessarily be in violation. Need details.

If the guns were truly stolen, then yes post the Models and serial numbers.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:57 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pablo wrote:
If the guns were truly stolen, then yes post the Models and serial numbers.

This.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And, as with any property crime, once it's known they are missing (which it is at this point), they aren't considered stolen unless reported to authorities as stolen.

I

Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So to summarize:
Somebody obtained firearms from the widowed owner, through unscrupulous means. Widow attempted to report as stolen property, but was blown off by local LEO's.
Person then took them to the Chehalis show, where he misrepresented himself as an FFL, and had buyers complete 4473. He sh!tcanned the 4473's, represented as "proceed" and completed the deals.
Some of the buyers may have been sellers at the show who also frequent the WAC show, and some of these guns may have been available there.

If those are the facts, does anybody involved know the identity of the seller?
I'd think pretending you are an FFL is something the ATF might have interest in. They might also like to ask the local law enforcement some questions about how they deal with stolen firearms.
Sad part is, if the guns turn up somewhere, the losers will be the new owners. They completed what they believed to be a square deal, and could have to forfeit them, with little chance of compensation.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

todd1803 wrote:
So to summarize:
Somebody obtained firearms from the widowed owner, through unscrupulous means. Widow attempted to report as stolen property, but was blown off by local LEO's.
Person then took them to the Chehalis show, where he misrepresented himself as an FFL, and had buyers complete 4473. He sh!tcanned the 4473's, represented as "proceed" and completed the deals.
Some of the buyers may have been sellers at the show who also frequent the WAC show, and some of these guns may have been available there.
Not quite. He told her he had an FFL, and would run the NICS on buyers. He has no FFL and sold the guns to unknown buyers at the Chehalis show, no BGC was done on any buyer as they likely were his gun show buddies. He has been contacted, and refuses to disclose who he sold them to, stating it is illegal for him to tell her who bought them, and has yet to pay her.

If those are the facts, does anybody involved know the identity of the seller?
I'd think pretending you are an FFL is something the ATF might have interest in. They might also like to ask the local law enforcement some questions about how they deal with stolen firearms.
Sad part is, if the guns turn up somewhere, the losers will be the new owners. They completed what they believed to be a square deal, and could have to forfeit them, with little chance of compensation.

The attorney will give him a chance to buy them back, or pay her the fair market value and disclose the buyers contact info so her bumm is covered if one of the firearms ends up in a ditch after killing someone.
The ATF said they do NOT interpret, nor enforce state law. And her best course of action is to file a civil suit against him. She knows who he is, and has provided his name to the local LEOs, who have declined to pursue the matter. The deputy I spoke to said she made a poor choice and should hire a attorney.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is this a case where the widow was duped under false pretense into willingly giving this guy her firearms? If that's true, this guy is a sorry excuse for a human to prey on this woman.
Maybe notify the attorney general in the hopes he can be the first 594 prosecution, for misrepresenting the status of the BGC and completing the sales.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next