Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:16 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 WAC Monroe show...Worth going to? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't have any plans this weekend and not a lot of extra money.
I have wanted to check out a WAC gun show for a while, but not sure if it is worth it.
If I did go, I would pick up some ammo-If it isn't to expensive and maybe some Prep supplies.
I live in Redmond, so the drive wouldn't be much.
So what I am really asking is, is the $8 to get in, $10 for gas (1990 full size bronco) and probably over priced ammo, worth my 3 hours?
Is it more like a "City Library Book sale" or a "Elementary School Book sale"? Sorry, I cant really describe it better than that-lol
I just picture a bunch of guys sitting behind tables, geeking out about guns.
What I would like to do is, try out some hand guns, how feel in my hand and look/learn about different guns.
Do most of them let you handle the guns? Or do they get all freaky about it? I don't plan on acting like a fool...well any more than normal.
Sorry for the babble, but being out of work (with a jacked up back) is making me stir crazy....and I NEED TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE.

-dimwit-

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm wondering what the ammo situation is like at the Monroe show as well. I know Washougal is usually at the south-end shows, but not sure if any quality remanufactured ammo is at Monroe. Anyone know?

Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've gone to the Puyallup WAC show a couple times. IMO, it is worth going once, but unless I become a member (which I'm not going to do) I won't buy anything.

Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RBS from Burlington used to be at the Monroe shows, but they disappeared during the "panic" because they had limited supplies too. Now that they are back up and running, it would be nice if they returned to the Monroe show. I haven't been to one in a bit, so I don't know if they have, but if they did, buy w/o worry. Good stuff at decent prices. Most of the other ammo vendors at Monroe have the same prices you can find in stores.

BTW, that the ammo they sell up at the Burlington range as it's made in the same building.

Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:38 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

:ROFLMAO:

Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:57 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

If it's worth $18 to you as a social event, to see some cool gun stuff and get out of the house, then yes it's worth going to the show.

If you are just in need of ammo, then I wouldn't pay it.

Since you're not a WAC member, some of the vendors won't let you handle guns. Some will. None of them will sell guns to you unless you're a member.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I saw bags of primed 223 at a table at the Puyallup show and 500 for $50 seemed to be a good deal. But much of it was bent and unusable and I looked up and saw the Global Arms sign and walked away.

Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd pass on the Monroe show for ammo deals these days. You'll have much better luck at a Puyallup show, from my experience over the last forty years.

Μολὼν λαβέ

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly. Also, please forgive my spelling or grammatical errors. If my post doesn't make sense or is not amusing, it's technology's fault and most certainly not operator ɹoɹɹǝ. Thank You

Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you are coming from Redmond it's worth it just to see for yourself. Washougal River is normally at the Monroe show with a good selection of reloads. If in doubt, email them and they will tell you if they are coming. I find it good for a couple hours of "mental floss".

Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

could drive to bonney lake and buy some from brad than on the way through renton make steve buy lunch

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
:ROFLMAO:

:yes:

Ops wrote:
could drive to bonney lake and buy some from brad than on the way through renton make steve buy lunch

:yes: :yes: :Init:

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:30 pm

Agreeing with previous posters... Ammo deals are just "ok" at the Monroe one. Puyuallup is better.

I like going to it because Monroe seems to have a lot more tables of old guys selling their personal collections vs puyallup (which has more retail shops it seems). I have found some cheap, unique guns that way and other odds and ends as well.

Me and some friends often go up and check it out, usually end up spending around $200 on some of the better ammo deals there, reloading supplies, and other misc neat stuff we find.

Was a member once, mostly to buy a couple collectible firearms I have found but I let that lapse and havent found a need to re-up it. You can buy everything but guns without being a member.

Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks guys for the input.
I will probably check it out this weekend, just for shits and giggles.
I need to pick up some 762 x 39 brass cased rounds, so I can sight my AK in, at the range....just looking for 20-100 rounds.

-dimwit-

Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:52 pm

I stopped going to WAC shows to many restrictions plus last time I mailed my dues in they sent back my form and check and said they wanted more money cause they jacked the dues up without notifying me well since I was going to only one or two shows a year or less I decided they were not worth the increase.

There were even a few years I never went to any shows but still paid dues to help support the club, but after they rudely sent my check back cause they wanted more money I was done, have never gone back and never plan to if they treat people like that.

Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dimwit13 wrote:
I don't have any plans this weekend and not a lot of extra money.
I have wanted to check out a WAC gun show for a while, but not sure if it is worth it.
If I did go, I would pick up some ammo-If it isn't to expensive and maybe some Prep supplies.
I live in Redmond, so the drive wouldn't be much.
So what I am really asking is, is the $8 to get in, $10 for gas (1990 full size bronco) and probably over priced ammo, worth my 3 hours?
Is it more like a "City Library Book sale" or a "Elementary School Book sale"? Sorry, I cant really describe it better than that-lol
I just picture a bunch of guys sitting behind tables, geeking out about guns.
What I would like to do is, try out some hand guns, how feel in my hand and look/learn about different guns.
Do most of them let you handle the guns? Or do they get all freaky about it? I don't plan on acting like a fool...well any more than normal.
Sorry for the babble, but being out of work (with a jacked up back) is making me stir crazy....and I NEED TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE.

-dimwit-

I would recommend going. Especially not having a lot of extra funds but a lot of time is actually a good mix. Meaning you have to find a really good deal to make you buy.

It's good to experience what a gun show is and what is available. Checking on prices and availability is the key. You can see what's on the "table" market and what they are being listed for... then you can compare what interests you to the price... so you can see if there is a happy point where you want to buy...

Just plan on taking your time. Sometimes there are stuff on one table that has no interest and then you may find that "gem" hidden and long forgotten and for an okay price you are willing to jump on.

Remember the saying... "One man's trash... is another man's treasure!"

It's also good to mix and talk to other gun folks! :thumbsup2:

Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]