Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:30 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Dec 15/16 WAC 
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Rix86 wrote:
How much more will you fuckers bitch when the wac shows are gone?
Fuck.
Go surround yourself with guns, ammo, accessories and being your friends.
Even in the height of the aftermath of Newtown,I still found deals. Even with all the retards trying to cash in. They were doing it on here too.
Seriously, if all you wanna do is bitch, start a thread on do it there.
There doesn't need to be a new wac bitch thread every show, because YOU couldn't find something.

Well said.....

Nitro Products
FFL Dealer
SOT Dealer

Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is what I've encountered. A vendor has to buy a membership/pay for table rent, pay for the fuel to and from the event, pay for a hotel/motel and food, pay anyone who helps load/unload and watch the tables to avoid items "disappearing" while he takes a loo break, and absorb any loss he takes on a sale in order to at least make enough to cover his fuel expenses to get home. All while hearing about how the 10/22 he's asking $300.00 can be bought for fifty bucks less up the freeway at a big box store. Sure, I've seen high prices asked for stuff at the shows, and on any one of the firearm boards on the net. I quit going to the regular WAC shows when I gave a guy a smoking deal on a M-1 Carbine. Wasn't a vendor, just a bloke walking about. He spotted me as I came in the door and asked what I wanted for the M-1. I told him, he said all he had was $40.00 less than I was asking, but had been wanting to add a Rock Island to his collection for years. We did the deal, and went on our way. I wandered about for a couple hours, and what did I find on a vendors table? My m-1, which I had sold for $460.00, now with a price tag of $1,200.00. He bragged about how he got a screaming deal on it that morning, but wouldn't tell me what he paid for it. After that experience, I began selling my firearms on-line.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Among others
210 for a 10/22 with Nikon
250 for another with the p22 Nikon
260 for one with a Bushnell fast fire
Sig p220r for 7
350 for an xds
450 for one with a laser
ARs for 450.....Not even an ati.
Anderson stripped lowers for 55 and 65, one guy did have them at 80.
Trapdoor for 550 in decent shape. Another less nice.
100 dollar Olympic 1911 frames
Kimber ultra carry for 780 .... Not my thing.
Got to see a c93. 8-)
Only one steyr Hahn, Nazi marked, bit to much $$

Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That reminds me I need to get a turdtastic rifle or two.
Couple cool calibers I want to get into cheap.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gun shows are like glasses of water.

For some, they are half full.

Fort others, they are half empty.

Most of my good deals have come from buys off tables at the shows.

The Wes Knodel show at Centralia has been a good one - more variety, fewer FFL's and tables of crap there.

Also, free transfers make buying a hell of a lot easier than trying to set up a private buy anywhere else.

So, you can do any private sale there effortlessly, and/or also pick up a few items off the tables for zero cost for transfer.

Some venders do have over priced stuff, some have tables with really good prices on stuff.

Last show, I bought a never fired new old stock in the yellow and black box Ruger Bisley in .41 magnum for $550.00.

You just have to be an optimist, and also, don't hesitate to make a fair offer if you see something you like.

Asking price and selling price are two completely different things some times. Money talks.

If you don't keep gun shows alive, one day there will be one less major way of buying, selling, and trading firearms freely with fellow enthusiasts.

And, the people bitching about gun shows will be the first ones to complain about them being dead and gone probably..........................

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:13 am

Oddly enough, some people go to gun shows looking for rare and unusual guns. Yes, they can sometimes be found in local gun shops, but usually not in the quantities available at a gun show. If everyone was only shopping for AR lowers & the latest striker-fired polymer pistols, gun shows would have died off years ago. It's sad to see the shows declining, but they do still serve a purpose for some of us old timers. :bigsmile:

Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mdcaldwell wrote:
Oddly enough, some people go to gun shows looking for rare and unusual guns. Yes, they can sometimes be found in local gun shops, but usually not in the quantities available at a gun show. If everyone was only shopping for AR lowers & the latest striker-fired polymer pistols, gun shows would have died off years ago. It's sad to see the shows declining, but they do still serve a purpose for some of us old timers. :bigsmile:

Matt watch that old timers bit. I've known you from the shows for a long time lol.

Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:10 pm

I went WAC Puyallup end of 2018.
Picked up a black CZ P10C with 2 mags for $400.
Great looking Leupold VX-1 2x7 for my 16" AR.
Ambi charging handle.
50" rounds of Remington .223

Was great.
Lots of people.
It's all in the eye of the beholder.

** Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.**

Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I usually don't hit the shows for bargain prices on stuff that you can get online or some of the chain shops. I'm looking for the oddball stuff that isn't always that common...Books on gunsmithing and historical subjects, mags or parts for some of the older firearms that I like to carry (star pd or Astra a70) to name a few. WWII stuff, tools, etc. Navy memorabilia … Maybe run into a leather smith with some neat stuff on the table...
I do get tired of those who let their snot-gobbling kids run amok, and some folks should keep in mind- a shower a week never hurts!

Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2